Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Weigh In

ANSWERED

I am weighing myself every Monday morning and I am going to log my results each weigh for accountability and support. Please feel free to join in.

Start weigh                   125.5 kg 14/12/2015

Now                              124.2 kg 11/01/2015

Loss this week             200g

Loss to date                 1.3kg

"Slow and steady wins the race"

Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of focusing on how far you have to go.
Best Answer
2,723 REPLIES 2,723

@ Dominique. I'm a resteraunt manager. Which explains my step count. I work mainly nights. As for my deciphering fitbit's inaccuracy, I actually have you to thank for that. You brought trenweight to my attention and I was able to calculate through that. 

So so massive thank you 🤗🤗🤗

Best Answer

I though managers were sitting all day in nice offices, but good for you to have a step-friendly manager position Smiley LOL! Did they have to supply you with a new work outfit?

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@Dominique 5 new uniforms in the last year 🙈🙈. They'll start charging me soon lmao.

@Dominique wrote:

I though managers were sitting all day in nice offices, but good for you to have a step-friendly manager position Smiley LOL! Did they have to supply you with a new work outfit?

Best Answer

@Dominique -  You are down a kilo over the past seven weeks with 60% of that reduction from fat.  Nice steady decrease in fat percentage!  Maybe still too early to tell, but do you think the new eating/workout regime is better than what you had been doing on your own?  I think you said you have changed from heavier low-rep compound lifting to higher rep / lower weights and more isolation exercises.  Would that be different if you were trying to gain muscle as opposed to losing fat at a higher rate than LBM?  

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

@Baltoscott: yes, I’ve been (very positively) surprised by the way BF% has moved these past few weeks. I think there has been a notable improvement in both my nutrition (especially with macronutrients) and my training. I’m only one third through the cutting phase, so you’re right, it may still be too early to tell, but I’m already looking forward to the massing phase I plan to start in January. Ideally, it would work in the opposite way as now, i.e. I’d gain more lean mass than fat.

My understanding is the prescription for type of weight training (if improving body composition is the main goal) is the same whether cutting or massing, i.e. typical hypertrophy training with higher reps / lower weight. The idea is that what works well for building muscle in optimal conditions (caloric surplus) also works well for preserving it in less optimal ones (deficit). 

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Best Answer

Hi everyone! 

Here's an update.

USW:  224.5 (07/06/16)

CSW:  147.5 (Thursday, 07/06/17) -77.0

PW:  144.6 (09/15/17) BMI 21.4; BF% 26.1; TW 144.9

PW:  143.2 (09/22/17) BMI 21.2; BF% 25.6; TW 144.0

PW:  144.8 (09/29/17) BMI 21.5; BF% 26.3; TW 144.5

PW:  145.2 (10/06/17) BMI 21.5; BF% 26.4; TW  144.7

CW:  141.8 (10/13/17) BMI 21.0; BF% 25.9; TW  143.5

Goal:  Maintain between 145.0 - 150.0

I've gotten back on track with my workout schedule so things are moving along.  I'm getting used to seeing the slight daily changes in the numbers and TrendWeight has been staying pretty steady.

Looks like we're going to have a few more days with beautiful weather so I plan to take full advantage by getting outside for some walks! 

Have a great week!

Best Answer

I’ll be flying over to Washington DC next Tuesday, so I’ll try to make the most of this week at home in terms of nutrition and exercising. Time spent in the US hasn’t been conducive to fat loss (to say the least!) for me based on past experience Smiley LOL.

@Dominique Enjoy your trip to DC!  I'll be going there next spring so let me know if you come across any good places to eat while you're there.  🙂

Best Answer

Hi everyone - I am a relative newbie to Fitbit, and taking my weight (fat) loss more seriously. Does anyone mind if I just kind of jump in? I have read through part of your past posts and was motivated at your progress over the months. I'm a 63-year old, short (@160 cm) already-retired, female Texan living in Switzerland, and want to lose at least 15 (maybe 20!) kilos. Here are my stats:

Starting 28 Sept, 76.4 kg, 46.2% BF

Current  21 Oct,  74.0 kg, 41.8% BF

Admittedly, I am an everyday-weigh-in-type-of-person. I can't remember who said it (perhaps @Dominique?) that some women get on the scale more than once a day until they accept one of them. I am one of those. Woman Frustrated Any slight shift upwards in weight or BF zaps my motivation and sends me in a downward spiral of self-loathing (alright, I'm exaggerating a little bit here...) and I am more likely to 'cheat'.  Hope you don't mind if I tag along, do a bit of lurking and post the occasional success.

Best Answer

@Jotex: everyone is welcome to join the Weekly Weigh In! I find it allows you to be accountable, people here have been supportive and it’s also a good way to document and analyze what you are doing.

Yes, I often comment (on the Aria help forum) that it makes no sense IMO to step multiple times in a row on your scale. I haven’t directed that comment specifically at women. In fact, it seems it’s been mostly men who have been doing this (and complaining the Aria is so inconsistent and inaccurate it’s just plain useless). My take is that, if you are going to weigh everyday (which I personally think is a good idea), a single weigh-in each day is sufficient (as long as it’s performed in the same conditions and at the same time of the day) to provide useful data. Maybe one day the scale will overestimate, but the next day it will underestimate etc. Over time, it will even out. I’m a big fan of TrendWeight, precisely because it takes the impact of daily fluctuations (whether they are caused by the alleged inaccuracy of the scale, the type of food you have eaten the day before, your hormones etc.) out of the equation.

Now, I did post one topic on women’s relationship to the scale, referring to a podcast that tackled with the issue, though I said the behaviours mentioned in the interview are not specific to women IMO. Do listen to that part of the podcast!

I was at about the same weight as you when I started with Fitbit (4.5 years ago). I lost 10 kg (75 -> 65) in the first five months without hardly changing my diet. One often hears it’s very hard to out-exercise a poor diet, and while I believe it’s generally true, my initial weight loss was definitely exercise-driven. Given that you are going for a very low-calorie diet, my suggestion would be to increase your activity level: Switzerland is a great place to spend time outdoors year-round (certainly easier than in Texas!), I’ll assume your knees, hips and other critical moving parts are still good to go, you’re retired and hopefully have enough time to spend on yourself, so why not increase one of the most Fitbit-friendly activities: walking? 15k steps a day would let you eat more food while still being in the deficit you need to lose weight.

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer

Thanks @Dominique, for your response. I’ll try to find the link to the podcast you mentioned. I wasn’t offended by the comment about stepping on the scale multiple times, just confessing while introducing myself. 😊 

I looked at Trendweight, but it usn’t available for my iPhone. Might try again later on my laptop. 

Good idea to ‘up’ my step count. I’ve been using my fitbit for about 4 weeks, so time to increase from 10,000/day. Switz certainly is beautiful, but not nice walking from our doorstep (busy street), so I go mostly on my treadmill. But I should plan more walks - so thanks. 

Best Answer

@Jotex: TrendWeight doesn’t work as a mobile app, it’s just a web-based service. All you have to do is link your Fitbit account to it (you should be able to do so on your iPhone too). Once you have done the linking, TrendWeight will pull your weight and body fat % data automatically from your Fitbit account. In truth, although you can view your TrendWeight data on a mobile device, it’s not the optimal way to do it: for instance, I can’t switch to the tabs (2 weeks, 4 weeks, 3 months etc.) on my Android phone. Since you have a laptop, it will be easier to view your data on it. And btw, although you can make your TrendWeight data public (like I do via the link in my signature), there is no obligation to! As long as you don’t disclose your personal link, no one will see your data.

OK, you don’t live in rural Switzerland. However, I’m sure there must be parks in your city. At least it’s what I remember from Zurich, Geneva and Lausanne. Walking outdoors is so much more enjoyable than on a treadmill, at least IMO.

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer

CW - 287 -4    10 WEEK AVERAGE + 2.9 LBS (+29)  USW - 363 3/9/16

PW - 291 +3

PW - 288 +3

PW - 285 +5

PW - 280 +4

PW - 276 +4

PW - 272 +0

PW - 272 +6

PW - 266 +4

PW - 262 +4

First (-) weigh in in about 10 weeks. Thank you for all your support. Trying to focus on the small positives throughout the day and add back the components that were working before. Also shifted to 10 week average instead of 8. Have a good week.

In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.
Best Answer

Jan. 6, 2017:       202.3 lbs (starting weight)

Ave. daily calorie consumption for week preceding weigh-in.

• Sun, 8.13:   160.8 lbs    2329
  • Sun, 8.20:   160.1 lbs    2665
  • Sun, 8.27:   159.3 lbs    2585
  • Sun, 9.3:     ???             2604
  • Sun, 9.10:   159.8 lbs    2792
  • Sun, 9.17:   159.6 lbs    2499 
  • Sun, 9.24:   159.4 lbs    2819
  • Sun, 10.1:   159.1 lbs    2788
  • Sun, 10.8:   159.4 lbs    2825
  • Sun, 10.15: 159.3 lbs    2532
  • Sun, 10.22: 159.3 lbs    2987

- 0 lbs since 10.15

-43 since start. 

Goal Range: 160-170 lbs

Well, I did manage to get my calorie consumption up last week, but the weight is unchanged.  I know it is a good problem to have, but I'm a little surprised the weight didn't move up.  I'll try to keep my diet at this level for another week and see what happens.  

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

@Jotex. Welcome! Looking forward to seeing your posts.  I also weigh every day but make sure it's close to the same time every day. Don't worry about the slight changes. I would definitely recommend Trend Weight. It really helps put all the numbers in perspective. 

Best Answer

USW (pre Fitbit) Nov 14 2016; 123kg
SW (Fitbit) March 2 2017; 97.7kg
PW August 07; 78.5kg
PW August 14; 77.9kg
PW August 21; 77.3kg
PW August 28; 76.9kg
PW Sept. 04; 77.7kg 😳🙈
PW Sept 11; 75.9kg
PW Sept 18; 75.1kg
PW Sept 25; 74.4kg
PW Oct 02; 74.3kg
PW Oct 09; 73.3kg

PW Oct 16; 72.5kg

CW Oct 23; 72.6kg

loss this week; +100g

Mini goal; 70kg by Christmas

Best Answer

My numbers for this week:

Starting 1-Jan-2017: weight 67.4 kg, BF 18.5%, fat mass: 12.5 kg
Previous 1-May-2017: weight 62.2 kg, BF 15.0%, fat mass: 9.3 kg

Previous 11-Sep-2017: weight 60.4 kg, BF 14.5%, fat mass: 8.7 kg

Previous 18-Sep-2017: weight 60.2 kg, BF 14.3%, fat mass: 8.6 kg

Previous 25-Sep-2017: weight 60.4 kg, BF 14.2%, fat mass: 8.6 kg

Previous 2-Oct-2017: weight 60.3 kg, BF 14.1%, fat mass: 8.5 kg

Previous 9-Oct-2017: weight 60.0 kg, BF 14.0%, fat mass: 8.4 kg

Previous 16-Oct-2017: weight 59.8 kg, BF 13.8%, fat mass: 8.3 kg

Current 23-Oct-2017: weight 59.5 kg, BF 13.6%, fat mass: 8.1 kg

The numbers are still moving in the right direction, especially for body composition (about which I wrote more here).

I’ll be off plan for one week, as I’m flying to Washington DC tomorrow for a conference, back next Tuesday. I’ll try to control the damage to the best of my abilities, as it will be a lot of sitting, eating (gladly, I don’t drink) and no opportunity to train.

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer

My numbers for this week:

Starting 1-Jan-2017: weight 67.4 kg, BF 18.5%, fat mass: 12.5 kg
Previous 1-May-2017: weight 62.2 kg, BF 15.0%, fat mass: 9.3 kg
Previous 11-Sep-2017: weight 60.4 kg, BF 14.5%, fat mass: 8.7 kg
Previous 18-Sep-2017: weight 60.2 kg, BF 14.3%, fat mass: 8.6 kg
Previous 25-Sep-2017: weight 60.4 kg, BF 14.2%, fat mass: 8.6 kg
Previous 2-Oct-2017: weight 60.3 kg, BF 14.1%, fat mass: 8.5 kg
Previous 9-Oct-2017: weight 60.0 kg, BF 14.0%, fat mass: 8.4 kg
Previous 16-Oct-2017: weight 59.8 kg, BF 13.8%, fat mass: 8.3 kg
Current 23-Oct-2017: weight 59.5 kg, BF 13.6%, fat mass: 8.1 kg

The numbers are still moving in the right direction, especially for body composition (about which I wrote more here).

I’ll be off plan for one week, as I’m flying to Washington DC tomorrow for a conference, back next Tuesday. I’ll try to control the damage to the best of my abilities, as it will be a lot of sitting, eating (gladly, I don’t drink) and no opportunity to train.

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer

My numbers this week:

trendweight_23.10.17.jpg

Thanks SO much, @Dominique and others who recommended TrendWeight. 🙂 Like @EmjayH, I have a mini-goal, though I realize it may not be realistic, considering my current 'trend'. I'm be touring Israel with a group mid-November, and I'd like to be down to 155 by the time we float in the Dead Sea! Smiley Surprised

Best Answer

Continuing to enjoy the keto experiment.  My daily carbs have been between 50 and 100 grams in the last 5 days, but I still appear to be in ketosis probably due to higher than normal activity.  My weight loss has started to flatten out over the last 2 weeks -- I believe it is water retention from the increased carbs and sodium.  I predict the dam will break over the next few days as I bring carbs back under 50 grams.

chart (4).png

Best Answer

Start 265 lbs 09/27/2015
This Week 158.4 10/23/2017
Last week 158.2 10/16/2017

Maintenance mode
Loss Range 105 lbs +/- 5 lbs

Another week, another weigh in.  I should get my fitbit back this week so I look forward to that.  

Best Answer