Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Weigh In

ANSWERED

I am weighing myself every Monday morning and I am going to log my results each weigh for accountability and support. Please feel free to join in.

Start weigh                   125.5 kg 14/12/2015

Now                              124.2 kg 11/01/2015

Loss this week             200g

Loss to date                 1.3kg

"Slow and steady wins the race"

Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of focusing on how far you have to go.
Best Answer
2,723 REPLIES 2,723

Awesome, @EmjayH! So it’s Xmas early on for you this year! Your employer will need to buy you yet another uniform, maybe they’re becoming cheaper as their size shrinks Smiley LOL. What are your plans from now on?

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@EmjayHNice! Good Job! It's really exciting when you finally see your weight starting with a new digit!!!! For years when i was telling anyone my weight i was using +10 kilos out of habit. (most of my life was in ~70s and now 60s)

If you don't mind me asking why is your Fat % so different each day? I mean if you are using it a long time have you thought of any reason you get inconsistent numbers? Water retain/not weighting in same time ?

Edit: I just saw your full progress in another post so you changed a LOT of first digits!!!!!!!! WOW amazing progress. I feel so lame for trying all those years to lose like 5kg???? And i feel very excited for you, honestly Awesome work!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@oll_Gi wrote:

If you don't mind me asking why is your Fat % so different each day?

I think part of the answer is gender-related: hydration level/water retention is going to fluctuate more for females than for males. Diet can play a role too, especially if carb intake varies a lot from day to day.

All my daily BF% values for the past three months are within a 1% fluctuation range:

2017-12-07_1015.png

I believe I have the same Fitbit Aria scale as @EmjayH

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Best Answer

@Dominique I still have another 8 or so kg to lose. So that is next year lol. Also my trainer said it would be a good idea for me to start creating strength goals for myself. Lifting heavier weights, running further. That kind of stuff to keep me motivated.

@oll_Gi I have no idea why my BF% fluctuates so much lol. I'm kinda just used to it now. As long as seems o be going down then no real issue 

Best Answer

@lynda604 wrote: It was truly a down week for me. I walked only 30k steps in total. I ate food I generally do not eat Fri-Sun. It showed in the scale because I weighed myself Friday and was down to 179. By Sunday that jumped back up to 183.4. I will just have to try harder this week. 

Boy, I can relate to that.  For me. if I'm going to derail, it's always the weekends. I've been doing well lately  but have had my share of derailments so I thought I'd just add my support. I know you can do this and yes, there will probably be other derailments but the important thing is that you recognize it and are ready to get back on track.  We don't live in a perfect world but if we recognize our shortcomings and learn from them then I think we're in a pretty good place.

Keep at this; you can do it!

Best Answer

@Dominique wrote:

Congrats for hitting the mini-goal, @etvete! What were the time points for your ultimate starting weight of 260 and the starting weight of 199 mentioned in your earlier posts, if I may ask?

@Dominique, Thanks, I was at 260 6 years ago or so and lost 100 pounds over a period of a year and a half. I then maintained for a few years but due to health reasons gained back to 199 which I hit back in May.

Best Answer

Start Weight: 153

Current: 153.5

I have been trying to lose weight for 3 weeks and can't see any changes. For the first week I ate about 1700 calories a day and now I am eating 1400-1500 cals a day . I have been doing a different challenging work out for 1 hour every day. I am a 20 year old girl and could benefit from losing anywhere from 5 to 10 pounds. My goal weight is to hit 145. I am 5'8 and have a lot of muscle, but am not lean right now. Should I drop my calories? I am eating mostly plant-based healthy foods. Why do these 5-8 lbs feel impossible to lose?

Best Answer

Hi, @Ideasforyou, the last few pounds are always really hard to lose!  If you are really only eating 1400 -1500 calories per day and working out I would say at your age that is low enough .  I know it is hard, but just be patient  The weight will come off -- or the fat, anyway.  Sometimes weight is not the best measure, though I notice you say you are not "lean".  

However, it is always a good idea to make sure you aren't getting calories that you aren't counting...  

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

@Ideasforyou - welcome!  An hour a day of a challenging workout will tend to maintain muscle and increase your appetite, and at 5'8" and 153 pounds, you may have a relatively low percentage of body fat.  Think turnip and the lack of blood thereof.

You may want to experiment by replacing "increase strength and fitness" behaviors with "lose weight" behaviors.

Best Answer

Hi @Ideasforyou - I know how frustrating it can be to diet and not lose. What finally helped me was cardio and weight training combined with a ketogenic diet (basically very low carb, high fat, moderate protein). I also avoid (as much as possible): lactose, gluten, wheat or other grains, sugar. My rate of loss is much slower than many (most?) - perhaps because I’m 63, and 5’2”. But I am pleased I’ve lost @10 lbs in 2-½ months. {Slow loss is better than no losss.} Hang in there!

Best Answer

@Ideasforyou: 1500 calories sounds very low for someone your age and your size. Your calculated BMR is already higher than that. You didn’t mention your dieting history: have you been maintaining your current weight for a longer period of time, or do you have a history of constant/yo-yo dieting? How about your overall activity level (for instance, in terms of steps per day), as opposed to only your daily 1-hour challenging workout?

FWIW, I had a rapid fat loss experiment earlier this year, that took me from 67.5 to 63.5 kg (148.5 to 140 lbs, so similar starting point and goal as you, and I’m also about the same height, 5’7) in about 6 weeks:

2017-12-09_1130.png

It worked, though I probably wouldn’t do it again. Since then, I’ve lost a further 4 kg, but at a much slower pace. I retrospectively think I have been dieting for way too long (basically the entire year), though my deficit has been so small I haven’t really felt very restricted. 

From now on, I plan to alternate between shorter periods (max. 3 months) of cutting and massing, interspersed with periods of maintenance.

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer

Here's a summary after 154 days - my total deficit is 181,694 calories according to Fitbit, which means I theoretically should have lost 51.9 pounds (181,694 / 3,500).  In actuality, I've lost 50.6 pounds.  A 2% difference is close enough for me.  

In the beginning, I lost faster than predicted.  Now, I'm losing slower than predicted which probably means my metabolism is now lower than what Fitbit estimates.  Also, my cardio fitness is higher (VO2 Max went from 39 to 46) which means my exercise is burning less calories, not to mention I'm hauling a less fat butt up the stairs.  I'm looking forward to ski-season, whereupon I plan to work my teenage punk son who kicked my larded butt all last season.

chart (7).png

Best Answer

@EmjayH wrote:

It's Thursday. My weigh in check is Monday but I just felt I had to share lol. Under 70kg yay 😍😍

It’s Sunday and my weigh-in check day is also Monday, but like @EmjayH I couldn’t help but sharing a mini-scale victory ahead of time: BF under 13% for the first time in the 4.5 years I’ve been using my Fitbit Aria Smiley Happy

2017-12-10_1013.png

I know BIA scales are usually considered an unreliable way to estimate BF, but all I can say is I get very consistent BF values with mine, both in the short term (a few weeks, as above) and in the longer term. My real BF may well be 11 or 15%, but I don’t really care, as long as I have something consistent to evaluate my progress with.

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer

I know BIA scales are usually considered an unreliable way to estimate BF, but all I can say is I get very consistent BF values with mine, both in the short term (a few weeks, as above) and in the longer term. My real BF may well be 11 or 15%, but I don’t really care, as long as I have something consistent to evaluate my progress with. 

@Dominique - you have pretty low body fat percentage for someone of your advanced age. 

(Just kidding!  As an old guy who is the butt of many old guy jokes, I should be more considerate.  Apparently, it never gets old.)

Seriously, your results are very motivating, and now I'm getting myself an Aria 2 for Christmas.

Best Answer

Jan. 6, 2017:       202.3 lbs (starting weight)

Ave. daily calorie consumption for week preceding weigh-in.

• Sun, 9.17:   159.6 lbs    2499 
  • Sun, 9.24:   159.4 lbs    2819
  • Sun, 10.1:   159.1 lbs    2788
  • Sun, 10.8:   159.4 lbs    2825
  • Sun, 10.15: 159.3 lbs    2532
  • Sun, 10.22: 159.3 lbs    2987
  • Sun, 10.29: 159.1 lbs    2905
  • Sun, 11.5:   159.7 lbs    2941
  • Sun, 11.12: 160.1 lbs    3035
  • Sun, 11.19: 160.0 lbs    2778
  • Sun, 11.26: 160.8 lbs    3057
  • Sun, 12.3:   160.5 lbs    2762
  • Sun, 12.10: 159.5 lbs    2891 

-1 since 12.10  

Goal Range: 160-170 lbs

Well, my "bulking" phase has definitely hit a snag.  I've had a cold since last Sunday.  Actually, its the first time I've been sick since I started losing weight last January.  Kind of been wondering how my body would react.  For one thing, I really had to push myself past what feels like full most meals to eat near the 3000 calorie range I am targeting, but I think the body compensates some while fighting a cold as I continue to burn more than I eat.

Exercise was also down last week.  I had a planned break in weight training that coincided with the cold and skipped 3 of 4 normal weight-training days, and just did shoulder rehab and core work on the 4th day.  I plan to add another unschedule rest week this week to give the cold more time to pass. 

Now that I'm in a routine going to the gym 4 days/week I really don't like skipping.  Maybe even healthy habits are hard to break once they get well established?  Hope so. 

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

@EmjayH -- WOW!  Time for a new goal!

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

@EmjayH, wonderful and well done!  

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Hey all.  I just started a Twelve Days of Christmas Challenge/Thread.  Love to see the Weekly Weigh in Crowd join in.  Hope to see you there.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

Jan. 2017-Sept 2017---> 215lbs ( +16 pounds)

Since 10/2017---> 218lbs (+3 pounds)
11/17/2017 --> 213.5 (-4.5 pounds)
12/10/2017-->219.5 (+6 pounds)

Turns out, I was not only eating too few calories, but not hydrating well last month. On advice, added a little extra sodium, which accounts for some of the weight gain.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

USW (pre Fitbit) Nov 14 2016; 123kg
SW (Fitbit) March 2 2017; 97.7kg
PW August 07; 78.5kg
PW August 14; 77.9kg
PW August 21; 77.3kg
PW August 28; 76.9kg
PW Sept. 04; 77.7kg 😳🙈
PW Sept 11; 75.9kg
PW Sept 18; 75.1kg