Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beware of Scammers

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For those of you new or even those of us who have been part of the community for awhile. Beware of scammers on this site. There are moderators, but not enough of them to keep the kooks out. Remember these are open boards and open groups.

Best Answer
193 REPLIES 193
Hello! And thank you so much for your reply!

I just realized I did indeed post to the wrong string of conversation. I
saw that you were a moderator and was hoping to get some assistance as it
relates to scammers reporting legitimate Fitbit users and our permissions
being banned from replying to friends.

I didn't engage the scammer nor was I rude or hostile. I simply pointed
out to the people he was scamming that he was using stolen pictures.

He reported me and suddenly I'm banned by Fitbit when I hadn't violated any
terms of use...

Any suggestions?
Best Answer
Hey there.. here is a screen shot of the fake profile that has reported me
when I did nothing wrong.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Amy_wb4632_0-1594919750713.png

here is the guy that reported me.  This guy has a fake profile on fitbit and reporting legit users.

Best Answer

What a nasty piece of work he is! 😡

Best Answer

@Amy_wb4632 thank you for your reply.

Where did you see this? Where was it reported? As mentioned before you are in the Fitbit Community and aren't banned here? Did you see this on the Fitbit app? If this is correct then you are talking about the Community Feed which is different from the Forums. 

Just confirm this so I can continue assisting you.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
This was reported from the Fitbit App, not from the community. I've not
been banned from forums, only from replying to messages from friends on my
app.
Best Answer

He sure is, Tanya...

The scammers know that when they're called out that all they have to do is report us for "harassment" and Fitbit auto-bans us and they can continue to scam others.   Something really needs to be done.  It's simply not fair that we're being falsely reported, restricted access because of these leeches.

Best Answer

@Amy_wb4632 thank you for your reply.

Since this is with the app you will need to reach out to our Support team for assistance as we don't handle the Community feed here in the forums. I noticed that you already have a ticket with them so please let them know all these details so they can help you.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
Absolutely! Thank you!
Best Answer
Hi. I am not really sure what to suggest but maybe, you could message
fitbit community moderator as they are the one who has power to do anything
from you being banned. Yes i agree this is so unfair for legit users. I
believe they should do something about it as soon as possible as the
community is growing so fast. And scammers as well lol
Best Answer

I absolutely do not understand it.  I was banned before for letting a scammer have it verbally, got banned, the permissions restored.. I followed EVERY rule when reporting this last scammer, provided a link for the REAL pic and the scammer reporting site,  and just because the scammer gets his panties in a twist because he's been found out and those he friended were then notified that his pics were of someone else.. I'M THE ONE THAT'S banned.. 

I fail to see the logic Fitbit.  Help us out here.. help us take Fitbit back.  There ARE vulnerable people looking for SUPPORT and Motivation.. they WILL get that from a scammer, then get their wallets and hearts broken.  

Best Answer

No doubt, Odyssey13...

They're not all from Nigeria.. they're world-wide and even domestically... the point is, when we report and the scammers get us banned, it absolutely insane.  Fitbit makes NO effort to address my/our emails, look at the report with the detail we provide and scammers are SO easily seen just by looking at their profiles...  yet WE get our permissions banned.. it's ridiculous. 

I've called Fitbit, wrote them an email, provided the scammer link proof, never said anything harassing or untold in this instance, simply informed those whose pic it really was and this guy was scamming.  The result is .. yes.. I'm banned again.

Best Answer

@Amy_wb4632  you have Fitbit Moderator @AlvaroFitbit 's attention and assistance. Remember that the community forums aren't the same as the community feed. I post mostly on here and not the feed from the app. Guess I miss a lot by not being there, but I'm most at home on the forums.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
@Odyssey13 Alvaro was very helpful... unfortunately the moderator's hands
are tied as it relates to this issue.

Would be nice if they had more permissions to resolve things like this.
They seem to be a lot more in touch with what's going on.
Best Answer

Very well said.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I understand where you are coming from lol I just had some post banned for speaking out

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Thank you

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Oscardoghiggy  we're all guests of this forum and the rules are written - click to read them. I've had posts removed and the Moderators have their jobs to perform, which include removing, merging or editing posts as needed.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes
Oh, man! It's ridiculous how those of us who have legit Fitbit accounts and
Fitbit trackers get crap for reporting, blocking, or just plain ignoring
scammers. 😑🤦‍:female_sign:
Best Answer
I agree with you, Tanya. And Support STILL has not addressed my direct
questions regarding this.
Best Answer