Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit One Not Working While Unplugged from Charging Cable

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello all, my one is all of the sudden having issues. It is fully charged, and when I go through the reset process I can get it to respond while it is in the charger. When I pull it from the charger I cant get it to respond, light up, sync, etc... are there other alternatives to reset this thing?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
182 REPLIES 182

@Tricia11 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for letting me know that you are also experiencing this situation. Thanks for trying the restart steps in order to sort this out.

I went ahead and created a case with customer support in your behalf. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for next steps.

@debde Thanks for your reply and for sharing your experience to help other users on this thread. I'm sure your suggestion will be very helpful for other users too.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine stopped working suddenly as well. Fully charged and working day prior. Not the next. Plugged it in and was told it was fully charged. Unplugged it and then it became unresponsive. Tried restarting it numerous times to no avail. Never had a problem with it. Battery life up to then was still around a solid week and a half. Don't understand this. Please rectify this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Karutha Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for taking the time to report the situation you are experiencing with One. Thanks for sharing all of those details and for restarting it.

I went ahead and created a case with customer support in your behalf. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for next steps.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same thing happened to me.  I bought two new Fitbit Ones from ebay earlier in the year, after I found out that Fitbit is no longer making them.  My old Fitbit One is still working but has occasional issues (restarts itself) so I wanted to have a backup device.  I charged the new One, then took it off the charging cable, and nothing happened, the screen was black.  I tried restarting more times than I can remember, charged it for days, and no luck.  The exact same thing happened with the second new One that I bought (from a different seller).

If anyone has any suggestions on how to get them to work, please share.

Best Answer
0 Votes

At this point, I suspect the batteries are dying.  The battery appears fully charged, but it doesn't supply enough voltage to operate it.  That's just a guess though.  eBay is not an authorized dealer, so there's no warranty.

I don't want a wrist unit, and I don't want to replace an expensive Fitbit every two years (I've had three four fail since 2012: Ultra, One, Flex, One) so I'm going with the simple cheapos off Amazon.  I got a 3dTriSport, which is bigger, but still fits in my coin pocket.  It's $20, so if it breaks, it's no big deal.  No bluetooth, but is pretty accurate in step counts.  If you gently stroll, it doesn't count the steps, so you have to walk with purpose to get it counting.  I prefer a unit to under count rather than over count though.

If the Zip was $35 or $40 instead of $60, I'd probably get one.  I just don't trust the reliability at this point anymore.

Best Answer

My One was doing same.  Its a few years old. So my cousin sent me a brand new one in the box and same thing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Pfiga @tkelley11 I hope you're doing well! Thanks for reporting that you are also experiencing this. Thanks for trying some steps in order to sort this out.

@RivieraBigsby I hope you're doing well too. Thanks for sharing the experience you have had with your One. Thanks for your feedback.

Have you tried these tips to improve the battery on your One? That should help you on getting more battery power.

Best Answer

I am having the same problem. I have tried re setting it multiple times, but as soon as I take it off the charger, it is completely unresponsive 

Best Answer

Seems fairly clear to me that this is due to something introduced in the latest software update, since the timing is consistent, and it is happening with old and new devices. Fixing this would not require new devices (since they would fail again).

It doesn't seem FitBit cares much since our beloved devices are no longer really supported, and they'd rather sacrifice loyal customers than just fix it. 

Best Answer

I'm pretty sure that this is simply a battery age issue.  All batteries have a finite lifespan, and it appears that even 'new old stock' Fit Bit One units have expired batteries.  The units that still work are probably from later manufacturing runs.  When I have a spare few hours, I'm going to try the battery replacement procedure documented by another One owner in another thread, just to see if it works.  They're glued shut and not easy to get apart!

Best Answer

I agree 100%. I believe the issue itself is the result of a update. And of note, it doesn't seem to affect the other trackers. Just the ones you'd wear around your waist. How convenient. I personally just think the purposely did this so everyone would get on board and buy a new device or at least the same kind meaning one that you wear on your wrist. I was offered a 25% discount (on certain units) that struck me as more of a token gesture than a real effort on the company's part to make sure I was happy. Shame. I really really enjoyed my one too. 

Best Answer

Did you get the same product and does it work?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I opted to not use the discount offered. All the trackers outside the flex 2 which can also be used in a pendant are all wrist based units. Because of my occupation I'm not able to utilize them. I would've taken another fitbit one but alas, they're no longer available. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My One is having the same problem.  I tried a restart multiple times with no luck.  Fitbit people: please help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MPartney Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for reporting that you are also experiencing the same situation. Thanks for trying the restart steps in order to sort this out. 

I went ahead and sent you a PM. Please keep an eye on your Community inbox!

@Akf76 @RivieraBigsby @Karutha @justjulie1968  I hope you're doing well! Thanks for sharing the experience you have had with One and customer support. It's unfortunate that Fitbit One is not available anymore. If you plan on using any kind of discount provided by customer support; feel free to check the new generation of Fitbit devices here.

@EricG62 It's great to see you in the Fitbit forums! Thanks for reporting that you are also experiencing this. Thanks for trying the restart steps.

I went ahead and created a case with customer support in your behalf. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further assistance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've done it three times.  It shows it's fully charged.  It says fitbit 6.64, but when I take it off the charger, nothing.

It's 2 years old.

Best Answer

I believe a full refund would be more appropriate rather than spending more money on something that is not guaranteed to work.

Keeping profits on a defunct item is not acceptable for me.

Best Answer

@Dy1007 Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for trying the restart steps in order to sort this out. Thanks for sharing all of those details regarding the situation you are experiencing.

I went ahead and contacted customer support in your behalf. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for next steps.

@justjulie1968 Thanks for your reply and for sharing your feedback and thoughts on this thread. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
They’ve had me send mine into them. They’re supposed to replace it. But since I sent it and they received it, I had tracking, no further response. I sent a query last night.

Tina Kelley
Best Answer
0 Votes

@tkelley11 I hope you're doing well! Thanks for sharing the experience you have had with customer support so far. I'm glad they are sending you a new unit. 

If they already received it; they should be sending your replacement right away. Thanks for contacting the, back regarding this. I'm sure you will get a response soon with details about your replacement.

Once you receive your replacement unit; please follow these replacement set up steps for you to not loose any of your previous data.

Best Answer
0 Votes