Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit One Not Working While Unplugged from Charging Cable

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello all, my one is all of the sudden having issues. It is fully charged, and when I go through the reset process I can get it to respond while it is in the charger. When I pull it from the charger I cant get it to respond, light up, sync, etc... are there other alternatives to reset this thing?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
182 REPLIES 182

Hello - I have experienced the same issues as above.  I have attempted a restart multiple times, but as the others say - the minute the charging cable is unplugged, no pushing of buttons on the One cause any activity.  The Fitbit shows firmware 6.64, and a full battery.  Please help!

Best Answer

I am also having these same issues. My FitBit one was working perfectly, then suddenly it wasn't. I've tried all the troubleshooting on here to no avail.

I've been a long time FitBit user and am pretty disappointed that they have stopped making the One. I am hopeful they can help me fix mine.

Best Answer

Having the exact same problem on a Fitbit One, fresh out of the box and gifted to me yesterday. Has anyone had any luck with the multiple restarts suggestions? Or received advice as to a different fix? Or just give up, bin it and buy a different product?

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for buying a new Fitbit One. Also, thanks for sharing all of those details regarding this situation. 

I'd recommend performing a restart on your One. This has helped other users in the past that had experienced the same type of situation.

@shazel22 @Akf76 It's great to see you in the Fitbit forums! Thanks for your effort in trying those troubleshooting steps in order to sort this out. Thanks for the details too. 

I went ahead and created a case with customer support in your behalf. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for next steps.

@mishkel Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for also reporting this. I'm glad you got a One as a gift. 

Don't give up on it yet! I went ahead and contacted you via PM. Please keep an eye on your Community inbox.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there SantiFitbit, I've been experiencing exactly the same issue as the previous posters. I've had my FitBit One charging for weeks and it shows that its battery is full on the device and also on the app. But when I remove it from the charging dock to complete the reset process, nothing happens. I've tried this repeatedly, on and off, over the past couple of months. Please help!

Best Answer

@RachelV Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post and report that you are also experiencing the same situation with your Fitbit One. Thanks for trying the restart process in order to sort this out.

In this case, I just want to make sure you are doing the restart steps the correct way. It is not needed to remove it from the charging dock to complete the process. You need to perform the steps while it is plugged in to the charging cable. Check the restart steps here

Try those out and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Step 4: Remove your tracker from the charging cable and press its button until the screen turns on.

That's the part that is not working for anyone.

Best Answer

I am also having the same issue, tried it many times with luck. The battery is also showing as fully charged.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has been happening to my Fitbit One as well: since a little after midnight on Monday 9/17.  With the cable into my laptop, I can get "Fitbit 6.64", then a full battery icon, then nothing.  It's dead as a brick otherwise.  Seems odd that a bunch of people are having the same problem at the same time.  Points to a software issue.

Customer Service doesn't seem to want to deal with it.  They just want to check my warranty status and move on.  I've now had a total of three FitBits crap out on me since I started using them in 2012.  

Best Answer

Same problem as everyone else... x2. 

I got a new & sealed Fitbit on eBay (I would gladly buy a new one directly from Fitbit if they were still making them!), made sure it was running software version 6.64.  Charged it for 24 hours.  Had the same problems described in this thread.  Tried to reset but no luck.

Figured it must be defective.  Returned it to the seller. 

Purchased another new, sealed Fitbit on eBay, made sure it was running software version 6.64.  Charged it for 24 hours.  Had the same problems described in this thread.  Tried to reset but no luck....

Seems like a lot of us are having similar problems - maybe something is globally wrong here?  Any recent under-the-hood software changes that could be throwing all of our Fitbits off??

Best Answer

Agreed... with THIS many people complaining about exactly the same issue, checking warranty info and sometimes offering a discount on a new one seems to skirt the actual issue, which is *something is broken in the current code*. That fitbit seems ill interested in fixing the root problem is troublesome. 

Fitbit officials, are we all wrong in askig for a code fix rather than platitudes and a 20% off  coupon?

Best Answer

I've been emailing back and forth with Customer Support about this, and they really do seem to want to sweep it under the "in or out of warranty" rug.

Here's my last message to them.

"Just to follow up again:  There are many people experiencing the exact same symptoms with their Fitbit One units at the same time.  This includes new in box units bought from eBay.  I doubt all of these units are experiencing the same battery or other hardware failure at the same time.  I would greatly appreciate it if you could escalate to your development group as it seems like it's some sort of software bug.  Perhaps it's date related?"

Best Answer
I agree 100%.

I am not interested in a discount. I am interested in what is causing my
FitBit to suddenly die, which looks like a software problem.
Best Answer

@Akf76 @kctinMA @LisaK555 I hope you're doing well! Thanks for taking the time to post on this thread regarding the situation you are experiencing with your One not turning one.

I already created cases for you with customer support. Please keep an eye on your email inbox and make sure to report every issue you are experiencing with them. That way, they can help you out in getting the best solution available.

@RivieraBigsby I hope you're doing well too! Thanks for sharing all of the details regarding your experience with your tracker. Thanks for contacting customer support. I'm sure they will be able to help you out find the best solution available. Please continue to troubleshoot with them.

@L1ttleBitFit @Ntchk Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with your Fitbit One not turning on when unplugged from the charging cable. Thanks for trying the restart steps and any workarounds in order to sort this out.

I went ahead and created a case with customer support in your behalf. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for next steps.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

My One is doing the same despite having done a restart 3 plus times.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a new Fitbit One. It is not working once off the charger. Did you have any success in getting yours to work?

@jrm27 wrote:

Hello all, my one is all of the sudden having issues. It is fully charged, and when I go through the reset process I can get it to respond while it is in the charger. When I pull it from the charger I cant get it to respond, light up, sync, etc... are there other alternatives to reset this thing?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you to the admin but I have already had a case created and been
contacted by support. Their solution was to offer me 20% off a new FitBit.
However, there is a reason I have kept my One for so long -- I do not want
a FitBit that shows. I like the One; I would buy a new one if FitBit were
still selling them.

Given the consistency and timing of the complaints, it seems you have
introduced something in the software which is causing the One to break.
FitBit, I encourage you to look at this instead of trying to get us to buy
more things that we do not want.
Best Answer

@Bruby57 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for taking the time to report that you are also experiencing the same situation. Thanks for trying the restart steps.

I went ahead and created a case with customer support in your behalf. Keep an eye on your email inbox for next steps.

@debde It's great to see you in the Fitbit forums! Thanks for also reporting the situation you are experiencing with your Fitbit One.

I'd recommend performing a restart on your One. This has helped other users in the past who have experienced the same. 

@Akf76 Thanks for your reply and for sharing your feedback regarding this matter. 

Please feel free to take a look at this thread that we created to check One Alternatives.

Also, please vote for this Feature Suggestion which is asking for a new updated clip on tracker.

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having the same issue. Could you please send me an email to see what u can do. I have restarted it multiple times with no luck. :((

Best Answer
0 Votes
Notify Fitbit as they replaced mine for me as it was under warranty.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes