Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit One keeps turning off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am having trouble with my fully charged One shutting off during the day.  I've tried the turning it off and back one three times and that doesn't work.   Been happening for 2-3 weeks. 

Best Answer
226 REPLIES 226

Hello. I have a FitBit Alta that keeps randomly turning off aswell, I went to the 'help' section on the fitbit website and requested a chat. the wait wasn't too long and I explained my problem. The agent asked me a few questions regarding the purchase (date of purchase, retailer, etc...) and offered me two options: 1) Getting a 50% discount on another model or 2) getting a complementary replacement of the same model. I chose the second option. (Please note: There is a 365 day warranty, I did this the day I received the device but you might have to call if it has been longer than a year.) I am supposed to receive a new one soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fit bit one keeps shutting off. Very frustrating I did everything from resetting it to recharging it. I’m ready to call customer service. Nothing is working. I work our and all that’s recorded is a few hundred steps when I know I have walked thousands. I check this fit bit and  it **ahem** itself off! 

Best Answer

Thanks I’m pretty sure I will be getting a new one on my own. I have had this for several years now. However, I feel that a recent update that I did was the start of all my problems. It was fine until then.  

Thank You again

Best Answer
0 Votes
Calling customer service id's like talking to a brick wall. The best you
might do is get therm to give you a discount on a new one.... then you will
have same problem in a year or so.... good luck
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit One has started this behavior of shutting down until I do a restart too. Sounds like Fitbit's solution is for everyone to spend more money purchasing replacement devices instead of their addressing the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This happened to me two months ago but I contacted customer service and they sent mea new device within a week free of charge, without requiring me to send back the difunctional one.

Best Answer
0 Votes
You are one of the few lucky ones... Congrats
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SantiR I have ran into the exact same issue. When plugged into my computer my Fitbit One will flash the firmware 6.64 code then show a full battery. The second my Fitbit comes off the charger it refuses to turn on. I have gone through all the trouble shooting guides with no solution. How do I fix this issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! Thanks for your continuous participation on this thread regarding the Fitbit One suddenly turning off.

I'd recommend trying the following if you haven't done so already:

If non of this works, the best thing to do is to contact customer support (as some users have recommended on this thread).

If you'd like me to help you contacting support I can create a case for you! Let me know if you need that!

@aforrest Welcome to the Fitbit family! I moved your post to this thread which is about the same topic. Please check my suggestions on this post.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

This may work for you, it may not. I did what everyone else has done and switched mine off (put it on charge and hold the button for at least 12 seconds to switch it off). Before removing it from the charger I started the Fitbit app on my PC and clicked "Sync". I took the Fitbit off charge and switched it on. The app found it almost instantly and completed the Sync process. I did this 20 minutes ago (it was switching off almost immediately after switching back on) and so far it looks like it's back to normal.

Hope this helps

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good luck, they discontinued the Fitbit one. I’m sure Fitbit is messing with software to force upgrade some are even brand new so it’s not a device issue..

Best Answer

Most of the time it's ok. Occasionally it still shuts down but that's mostly  when it hasn't been synced for a day or two. Mind you, I think the battery is beginning to fail as it seems to need charging more often these days. Like you I'm convinced Fitbit design these to fail quickly in order to get you to buy a new one. It's called built-in obsolescence!

Best Answer
I've given up on Fitbit and do not use one anymore!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ashleynanette Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for your feedback. Please see this thread for our statement on the One, there you can also join the conversation the One availability and alternative ideas.

@JP-Y It's great to see you in the Fitbit family! Thanks for sharing your experience and feedback. Please check these tips to maximize the battery on your One. This should allow you to get the battery to last longer. 

@Panchk I hope you're doing well! Sorry to see you go. Did you contacted customer support or tried any troubleshooting steps?

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer

The battery died last week. The same thing happened with the first one I bought (two years ago) but fortunately within the warranty period so I got a free replacement - I assume you don't replace the replacements free! It seems to be a recurring theme with Fitbit products so I'm unlikely to be buying a new one of any description unless they come with at least a 5-year warranty.

Best Answer

@JP-Y Thanks for your reply and for your feedback. Yes, replacements apply for the original Fitbit device only. You can check the warranty here.

Hopefully, you'll be back with Fitbit again soon. Feel free to check the newest products. You can now add a 2-Year Protection Plan with Accidental Damage Coverage when purchasing at the Store.

See you around! 

Best Answer
Mine will actually restart if there is to much movement, I noticed this the
other night I was tapping it because it had seemed to freeze and then it
restarted itself
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ashleynanette Thanks for your reply and for providing those details. 

I went ahead and created a case with customer support in your behalf. Please keep an eye on your email inbox.

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer

I agree! I think it is Fitbit themselves and updates that are messing with the One. Since One is now discontinued I all of a sudden start having issues? I have had my One for years and NEVER had this issue. Now all of a sudden it keeps turning off. I lose all my steps! 

Best Answer

I've had a One since 2014, and since that time, my wife and son have started and stopped using theirs, and bequeathed them to me.  Two of the three have the shutdown issue; the third, which I think is the newest, but which is still at least four years old, behaves perfectly.

Best Answer
0 Votes