Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit One keeps turning off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am having trouble with my fully charged One shutting off during the day.  I've tried the turning it off and back one three times and that doesn't work.   Been happening for 2-3 weeks. 

Best Answer
226 REPLIES 226

Exactly.  You are describing the problem I am having, and everything I have done, and problem persists.  Quite frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried deregistering the One and then registering it again. Worked for
about 15 minutes then went to sleep and hibernated again.
Best Answer
0 Votes
They must be trying to force us to buy something new... yet it's working.
I will be buying a new Garmin 🙂
Best Answer

Update to a previous update . . . I was an early poster in this thread (May 2016). My first Fitbit One was at one time put on the shelf and left for dead because of the going-to-sleep issue. I got a second one. It eventually started having the issue. I set it aside, charged up the original for the first time in 10 months . . . and it continues to perform like a champ. The original now has been operating perfectly for about seven months. Roll of the dice, maybe. My wife's One, three years old, has never experienced the problem (although it is now in possibly terminal shortening-battery-charge land). I'm sorry to hear the One will no longer be available.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I give your one five months before it poops out again
Best Answer
0 Votes

I really like my fitbit one, but after 3 with dead batteries in 1 year and a half, i'll be looking for a different brand. 

Best Answer

I have had exactly the same problem.  I think it started when the software updated from 6.0 to 6.60.  I am unimpressed with the "wrist watch" type of tracker because I do hard labor and a wristwatch simply will be destroyed by the kind of pounding I do.  When I wore a watch it was a pocket watch and I don't intend to change.  I'll call Fitbit and complain, but if they tell me that my One is out of warranty and they will give me 25% off I'm outta there.  No more Fitbit products for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Lucky you. I've had 3 in less than 3 years. And they're not available
anywhere. If you have info to refute that, please share
Best Answer
0 Votes
After 7 days of mostly staying in a hibernating state, my One seems to be
miraculously working again - at least for the last 24 hours. The only
change was that I received a pop up window on my Mac laptop (unprompted)
telling me that there was a Fitbit update with bug fixes available, and
asking me if I wanted to install. I installed the update, synched the One
directly with my laptop via the cable, and my One seems to be back on
track. I have no idea if this is a sustainable fix for the hybernating
problem. My account settings still indicate version 6.6.

I too remain frustrated that Fitbit is discontinuing the One. I am not an
expert product manager for tracking technologies, but I have managed
product teams globally for technology products and services. After some
cursory searching, it is clear that the One fills a huge gap in the
wearable marketplace for a "clip on" device that is slim and provides "real
time" detailed feedback on a screen without having to access an app on your
phone and computer to view "real time" progress. There is just no other
"clip on" device in the market that I can find with similar features and
functionality. I can understand the concept of streamlining a product
portfolio, but seriously, how many wristband options are necessary at the
expense of discontinuing a product that fills a market void for those of us
who don't and can't wear wrist devices? I am clearly missing
something......and so is Fitbit.
Best Answer

@LanuzaFitbit  Was hoping you could weigh in on this particular issue.  I too am having the issue of my Fitbit One suddenly turning off. This started a few months ago.

We'd like to know one way or another if this is:

1. A known issue with no plans to remediate since the One is discontinued
  2. A known issue due to the recent update and there will be a fix.
  3. Unknown issue and will be addressed since the problem is so pervasive. 

An acknowledgement that we aren't crazy would be helpful.

Best Answer
Mine applied an update to version 64 this weekend.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Diami03,

Just my .02 worth.  I believe I've owned 3 Fitbit Ones over the period of several years, and the problems I've had have either had to do with them wearing out, or a flaky cell phone.  I don't recall there ever being a software/firmware issue that caused it to misbehave, but I could be forgetting something.  The last one I had, which I think was a few years old, suddenly started acting very weird.  After much trial and error, I wrote it off to failed hardware.  Given that it was old and well-used, I didn't have a problem buying a new one.  The one I have now behaves just fine, never has to be reset, and has recently gotten the latest firmware update.

All of this to say, based on my recent experience, I'd say that any issues you're having with your fitbit are due to the fitbit itself, or the connection between it and whatever you use to sync.  I haven't experienced any issues with the app or the website.

I use an Android phone, Samsung Galaxy S7 running Nugat.

Good Luck!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the response. This Fitbit is less than a year old and based on the various responses to this post, it's not an isolated incident.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Very interesting!  Have you reached out to support and see if you can persuade them to send you a new one?  I know that the first fitbit I ever had got replaced free of charge, no questions asked, when I started having problems with it.  Not sure if they still do that, but if you've never had one replaced that way, it's worth a shot. That type of service is what keeps me coming back to fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
This has been an ongoing issue for a couple of years now. I've written the
fit bit company and have talked to them inn the phone. So to me it is a
known issue with no desire to resolve.....
Best Answer
0 Votes

I resurrected a One that had been exhibiting the shutdown problem, which I had decommissioned in favor of another more than 1 year ago.  The replacement had belonged to my son, but he had stopped using it.  His One never exhibited the shutdown problem, but its battery life was on the order of 4 days, instead of two weeks, like mine. When I noticed that his updated its software when connected to the desktop app, I decided to try my old One to see if the new software would solve the shutdown issue.

I've used the old One, with 6.64 software, for about a week now, and it hasn't shut itself off.  I noticed that another poster found that a long period of disuse might also solve the shutdown problem, so I can't be sure that the new software, as opposed to the long respite, has provided the solution.  One thing I do notice is that the "newbie prompts" - STEPS, FLOORS, etc., have shown up and gone away a couple of times over the week, which makes me suspect that the new software replaced the "shutdown" code with "restart" code (one way to "solve" the problem!), because those prompts have always shown up for a while after a restart.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem even when it is fully charged and has been since day and reset.  It is barely working.  Nothing works to correct the problem

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done the "reset" maybe lasts for a day then back to the same old story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've done the "run the battery down" and let it sit for a couple of months trick.  Now it won't even charge.  I'm done with this company and their products.

@MLK2851 wrote:

I have done the "reset" maybe lasts for a day then back to the same old story

Best Answer
0 Votes