Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit One keeps turning off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am having trouble with my fully charged One shutting off during the day.  I've tried the turning it off and back one three times and that doesn't work.   Been happening for 2-3 weeks. 

Best Answer
226 REPLIES 226

Having exact same issue. Tried the 12 second reset multiple times, but didn't fix it. Still shuts off, the clock changes to another time and all my data disappears or resets, one or the other. Just bought this a week ago and hasn't worked right yet. Any other suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well this is quite disappointing to hear. And Fitbit seems to be ignoring this thread.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately, I think fitbit has either intentionally bricked the One via firmware or simply no longer is supporting the model & thus not pushing any firmware updates or patches to fix it with their end goal to get people to upgrade to newer device.

Best Answer

I have been having this problem for several weeks despite doing multiple resets. It happens often at night even when in sleep mode. And today I got up and ran but the tracker thought it was 445.... 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have given up on all Fitbit products! Don't use any anymore.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I love my Fitbit One. I've only gone through 2 of them in the past 3-4
years, and the last one went strong right up to the end. Hoping that when
the one that I have now dies, they still make the One, as I don't like
wearing things on my wrist.
Best Answer
That's why I keep going back to the One myself. But I have gone through 3
in less than 3 years...
Best Answer
0 Votes

my One started exhibiting this problem this week...  now after resetting it, it shuts down in 4-5 minutes...  currently it's not even a good paperweight...

Update:

plugging into the charger, displays a full battery, disconnect and it shuts down.  Restarting multiple times does not work, it always shows a full state of charge.

does any item made by Fitbit have a replaceable battery?  or is it all just expensive throw away planned obsolescence?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah. I'm done. This is my 3rd One in 3 years. And now the One can't be
found anywhere. Maybe they are improving it. I'm switching to Garmin. Too
bad cuz I love the App
Best Answer
0 Votes
If you call they will give a new one at a reduced cost.....that was not
enough for me
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes they've done that twice already. Still just a pain in the **ahem** and it
looks to me like The One has been discontinued. It cannot be found anywhere
Best Answer
0 Votes
looks to me like The One has been discontinued. It cannot be found anywhere

Unless you want to order it directly from Fitbit. It shows up as a valid
product, and I can place one in my cart.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Zanarchist wrote:

Unfortunately, I think fitbit has either intentionally bricked the One via firmware or simply no longer is supporting the model & thus not pushing any firmware updates or patches to fix it with their end goal to get people to upgrade to newer device.

This is exactly what happened. Fitbit decided to "streamline" the selection of products they offer and have ditched the One, the only discrete non-wrist wearable. I'm extremely unimpressed. The One did everything I need and the wrist trackers are less reliable and less accurate.  It is even more ridiculous that they have apparently bricked existing Ones.

Best Answer
I pulled the straps off a Surge and use it and will continue to do so until
it weird.....then I will go elsewhere
Best Answer
0 Votes
Only problem with that is they use different algorithms depending if
they're on your wrist or close to your body
Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree. It's usually short according to my calculations, but it's close
enough for my purposes.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree that Fitbit has bricked the One.  Bad for existing users.  I have had the exact same problem with my One spontaneously going to sleep as described by all others.  Resetting does not fix the problem.  I am also VERY DISAPPOINTED that the One has been discontinued.  I don't wear wrist devices and the One was the only slim option.  Major Bummer!

Best Answer
yep - I am done with fitbit for this reason as well.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Who says they bricked them? Mine works fine.
Best Answer

I'm having the same problem.  I've tried all of the suggestions and still doing the same thing.

Best Answer
0 Votes