Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit One keeps turning off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am having trouble with my fully charged One shutting off during the day.  I've tried the turning it off and back one three times and that doesn't work.   Been happening for 2-3 weeks. 

Best Answer
226 REPLIES 226

Add me to the lengthy and growing list.  I've been a long-time Fitbit user (nearly 5 years) and am finally giving up.

My last Fitbit was purchased in 2014 (I'd purchased before as well that and convinced a lot of other people to buy too).  In 2015, it experienced this problem and was replaced under warranty.  Now it's doing it again and Fitbit won't replace it under warranty and offered a 25% discount on a new one. 

I am not willing to see only 12-18 months of life out of this product.  It's a systemic bug that affects a lot of people.  The firmware isn't being updated (it was at 6.60 last year too).

Fitbit Support used to be awesome.  They're not anymore and they're losing me as a customer.  I'm sorry to no longer be part of the Fitbit family.

Best Answer
I have also given up on Fitbit! Mine is gathering dust somewhere now and I
have no inclination to replace it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@ewilts wrote:

Add me to the lengthy and growing list.  I've been a long-time Fitbit user (nearly 5 years) and am finally giving up.

Fitbit Support used to be awesome.  They're not anymore and they're losing me as a customer.  I'm sorry to no longer be part of the Fitbit family.

I fully retract my statement.  Fitbit Support came through and offered me a one-time exception to the replacement policy and I'm getting a new tracker.  I'm happy again!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just posted about this issue in a different thread and decided to add to this one as well. I'm having the same issue others have described - One randomly shuts off. Plugging into the charger will initiate a reboot and the screen displays FITBIT 6.60 followed by a full charge (don't believe it). Remove it from the charger and it will stay on and work for a few minutes then turns itself off again. 

I contact Support and was advised that it's out of warranty and they sent me a 25% off coupon on a new device. 

Methinks someone [Fitbit Support] may be in denial about what's really going on here with so many folks having the same issue. Just sayin'

Spoiler
Spoiler
Man Indifferent
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm happy for you but I'm aligned with your original statement. It sounds like they won't admit that there's a real problem and I won't buying another one. If I felt as though the unit was just needing to be replaced because I had worn it out, yeah.... but to have this issue just pop up randomly and see that so many others are affected by it and to have it not taken seriously by Fitbit leaves a bad taste in my mouth... I'm looking at other options to determine my next steps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Add me to this sorry list. Started going wrong in july. Did the resets. Gave up. Just tried it again, 4 months later, same problem as everyone else:

* goes to sleep/turns off, doesn't track while off.

* have to press and hold on button for a few secs and get the fitbit 6.60 message

* now it shows 'steps', 'flights' messages for longer

* time will also be out - presumably the time it turned itself off

* resetting simply doesn't help

* I am now extremely unhappy with my One, having been very happy with it and encouraging other people to get them.

* I'm about to try customer services but if I get the same treatment as other people on this thread (just a 25% discount on a new product) I will be really cross and will never buy or recommend Fitbit products again.

* I will also be looking to post reviews on review sites so others are aware of this.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Good luck. Is it out of warranty?

I understand your frustration. I actually purchased devices for 4 other
people. Never again.

I was on the fence about purchasing another. I just ordered a new one today
because one of my coworkers asked me to help motivate her to lose some
weight and we are long term Fitbit friends. She guilted me into buying
another 😂

I have a new Pebble watch coming soon and don't expect to use my Fitbit
afterwards. This really has left a sour taste in my mouth for Fitbit. This
isn't a good look for them.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine did the same for 2 days, now it will not even turn on. It is fully charged. Pluf it in to usb and press for 12 seconds to reboot. If i remove from usb it is totally unresponsive.  If i leave it attached, it will show the fitbit 6.6 the shows charging. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Join the family 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

I posted almost a year ago about the issue of my Fitbit going to sleep, repeatedly, as so many others have described. Then . . . strangeness. I eventually set that Fitbit aside, and started with a new one my wife had bought because she thought she'd lost hers. (She hadn't.) About 10 weeks ago, the newer Fitbit, after 10 months or so of use, began having the goes-to-sleep issue, quickly worsening. The old Fitbit was still on the shelf, dead as a doornail for almost a year. I recharged it, reconnected it with my Fitbit account and . . . voila! It is now working perfectly. I have no explanation . . . except that it goes with the classic tech-support solution: When all else fails, unplug the **ahem**ed thing for a few minutes. In my Fitbit's case, unpowered for 10 months! (And I now have a backup on the shelf that will have been unplugged for months.) I don't know it this will help anyone . . . but I wanted to close the circle with my original post.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Keep us informed a to how long this fitbit remains working. I may try this
when my current forgot quits
Best Answer
0 Votes
Frankly, we have given up on the Fitbit devices. Too much bother and keep playing up.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Join this list to show our frustration.   It happens to me this two weeks and it is out of warranty!  Reset does not work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Add yet another one to the list, started about two weeks ago.

Best Answer

I noticed something interesting, but it may only be a coincidence. Looking at my history to figure out when this started happening, it started around May 3 for me.

Something struck me as I was looking at the history, though: this was exactly to the day when I stopped using the sleep tracker. I have always worn it in the cloth wristband when sleeping and used the sleep tracker (i.e. long press of the button). I stopped doing this on May 3 because the cloth wristband is falling apart, and I don't want to lose the tracker in my sleep. So now I just put it down on my nightstand (without activating sleep tracker) when I sleep.

So last night I decided to turn on sleep tracker before putting it on the nightstand. When I woke up it was off and needed to be turned on, so I figured my theory was blown. And it turned off again during a run this morning. But it's been on ever since (about five hours), which is unexpected (normally doesn't last more than 20 minutes or so). So I'm going to keep going with this experiment to see if it continues improving.

So maybe the firmware does some housekeeping only when in sleep-tracking mode, and by depriving it of that it's causing it to crash?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine started a couple of weeks ago, intermittently. Now it happens regularly. Frustrated. Used to love my Fitbit One. Also not inclined to replace it with another Fitbit, if the company is willing to ignore all of us this way.

Best Answer

Add me to the list of One users with this problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Just updating my post from a couple of months ago (and a history that goes back more than a year).

After recurring falling-asleep issues, I let my original Fitbit One go completely dark – completely drained of power – for about 10 months. Three and half months ago I fired it up again and it has worked perfectly since. I can only speak for my own experience, but there was a similar post much earlier in this thread. So, it might be worth a try. Just let the One completely drain of power, then charge it again like new. (I have to occasionally reset my fancy Bosch oven electronics like this – just completely cut off power.} Good luck . . .

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the reply. I'll try it!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

This trick did not work for my fitbit one. I left it unused for a year & recharged it. It made it about 12 hours then went back into the same issue of the 6.60 reset. 

Best Answer
0 Votes