Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit One keeps turning off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am having trouble with my fully charged One shutting off during the day.  I've tried the turning it off and back one three times and that doesn't work.   Been happening for 2-3 weeks. 

Best Answer
226 REPLIES 226
Thank you- I will try that.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This has happened to me more than once and it just happened again after having it since June. I've made two threads and i've gotten one response about the reset procedure. i've done it 130+ times and mine still won't work. if this is what they're all like I give up. i'll go back to calculating my calorie count myself and not reccomend Fitbit to anyone. 

Best Answer

I chatted with online support once, called twice, and filled out the survey I recieved after my calls letting the know that I was not satisfied with their 25% off a new device "solution."  I then turned here and relayed during one of my calls that clearly, I was not the only one having problems.  They completely disregarded this and kept telling me to try and reset or just buy a new one.  

There is clearly a larger issue here.  I'm sorely disappointed by the lack of response and the lack of a solution.  

Best Answer

Hi guys, I'm sorry to see that many of you have continued to experience this issue, as it was mentioned earlier in this thread, the only troubleshooting available at the moment is to restart the device and you can also try letting the battery drain to 0% and then charge it completely to 100%.

If you continue to experience this it is recommended that you continue the assistance process with the Customer Support team. The team of developers is aware of this and the information and feedback provided by you has been sent for further investigation. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

Add me to the list.  As a moderately OCD walker its frustrating to "feel" like its a software issue yet not really know what is the true issue.  Posting to keep updated on the thread and hopeful resolution.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The support doesn't care they offer 25% discount.  A product that cost one hundred dollars should last more than 14 months (in my case) and with all the reports there is a problrm that need to be addressed by the company.

Best Answer

My One is only about 18 months old and has the same problem. It keeps on turning off, even though it is fully loaded. And if I reset it, like is recommended as the only (!) option, it will work for about 100 steps before turning off completely again. If I restart it I get the 6.60 message, like everyone here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Davide,

We are all very frustrated and a lot of have stopped using our FitBits as a result of this being an issue for over 4 months now. Customer Support is not helpful and after the same reset troubleshooting only offering a discount for a new product from FitBit when our current one has fundamental issues, such as not acutally functioning as a tracker at all, is not adequate. I think it is safe to say that we all really liked the convenience and use of our FitBit Ones and would like them to function again. But as it stands, at this point, a lot of us will probably walk away from FitBit since a solution to this issue is clearly not going to be provide beyond "get a new one". 

Best Answer
Fitbit isn't taking responsibility for the problem, like a good organisation should. They seem to wash their hands off the issue and expect the users to keep on resetting their units all the time. Even if one goes out and gets a new one there is no guarantee that it will work peoperly as Fitbit hasn't been able to understand and fix the problem. Why waste one's money on a substandard product!
Best Answer
I have given up on fitbit after years of being an avid supporter.
Best Answer

august 2016, I have been away and out of wifi ir internet signal, my fitbit one shut down and lost its charge, when returning home to power up the device (flat) it works but keeps shutting down and loosing charge.

I have just reset it  and will see what happens, it may have been because it was out of sync for 5 days and ran out of charge, even though it was fully charged to start with, lets see what happens after the reset.

Best Answer
0 Votes
DavideFitbit  My Fitbit One started acting up at around the 20 month point and it's now 2.5 years old so I know that Fitbit is not going to do anything for me, beyond offering a discount on a new one that I find unacceptable for a premium device that came at a premium cost.

What does a One cost to manufacture? I'm guessing it's under $2. If Fitbit can't fix this problem, why not admit that the product has an 18-month shelf life and, at the end of its useful life, offer previous customers a new Fitbit for $25. That would be reasonable, they would still make money, and they'd keep customers happy and spreading good word of mouth. That's how you develop loyal customers. 
Best Answer

I feel like I'm in the movie "Groundhog Day" when my fitbit freezes and all of the activity for the past hour, etc. is lost and I'm back at a much lower step count.  It is very frustrating, and I'm losing patience.  Any updates on this issue?  If it is a software problem, and it is something that can be fixed through programming, I can wait.  If it is a hardware problem, and for whatever reason it can't be fixed, I'd like to know so I can evaluate the tracker market to determine whether purchasing a new fitbit makes sense.  It just seems so odd that this issue surfaces with the new version release.  Please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Update on my fitbit one that keeps turning off. Technical support now claims that the battery has (is going) bad and shuts down. They are offering me a new one at a 25% discount. I think I will pass for the time being
Best Answer
0 Votes
See comment I added to blog
Best Answer
0 Votes
I wish min late 18 months....it died at 14
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, thank you for taking the time to share with all of us the different troubleshooting procedures you've performed on the device to get it to work again, these have been of help for some of the users, but for the ones that continue to experience this issue with the Fitbit One, we don't yet have a different troubleshooting available.

All your feedback is greatly appreciated and it's been sent to the proper department so it can be further investigated. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

Update: I checked with Customer Service UK (as they also serve The Netherlands) and it fell under the warranty. So they'll send me a new One!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Shutoff problem and slow or no sync started for me last week on my ~18 month old One. Recharge and restart corrected data lost, but the shutoff probl m has re-occurred now >5 times. The battery life after the recharge has drastically decreased. Most recently charge fell to one-quarter in less than 2 days. This could be related to the software, causing rapid battery depletion. But based on progressively frequent shutoff, I believe it's the battery itself. Im contacting Customer Service with little hope of getting more than the oft described palliative response of 25% discount off list for a new device. Its looking like the product life of Ones currently manufactured may be only 18-24 months. Very very poor, Fitbit!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just had the same problem a month back in June 2016.... Fitbit One just died on us...I have tried the reset but still the same. fitbit 6.60 comes up. no steps recorded and within 1 minutes it dies on me again.

Best Answer
0 Votes