Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit One keeps turning off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am having trouble with my fully charged One shutting off during the day.  I've tried the turning it off and back one three times and that doesn't work.   Been happening for 2-3 weeks. 

Best Answer
226 REPLIES 226

O.K. Fitbit. Solve this by return or I leave. I have been an advocate for your product for three years. Why would i carry on? I'm still walking around. My 10,000+ steps per day are not being recorded. I feel very strongly my efforts are for nothing, I am being cheated. You have much more competition than three years ago. Wake up, AND HELP ME.

Best Answer

@JuanJoFitbit

@RobertoME

Complaints continue to pile up.

Why haven't we heard from a moderator?

Best Answer

I am having this same basic problem.  The past few days my Fitbit One has been sending me low battery emails/texts and when I go to plug it in it says "Fitbit 6.60" and then shows the battery is full...that is when it charges at all.  Mostly I plug it in and it doesn't charge at all.  So, eventhough it's saying my battery is full there is nothing there.  I've tried the resetting feature but that only works for a few minutes and it's back to turning itself off whether it's plugged in or not.  Is there anything else I can try or is my battery just shot?  Thanks!  Please let me know if I need to add more details.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have to join the crowd.  Love my fitbit and never had a problem until this week!!!

Battery fully charged.  Have tried resetting a few times, but  fitbit seems to stop (goes black) and need rewaking up!

Misery loves company....I am just sorry for everyone, and for Fiotbit - because they have unhappy longtime customers.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have to join this unfortunate bunch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too.  I'm waiting to hear from CS since my One is less than a year old.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem! Shows Fitbit 6.60. Worked for a day after syncing it on Android app then stopped logging this morning and time was not correct. Started logging again after a re-sync. Not sure how long that will last! Looks like this is a major issue cropping up on this product and Fitbit has no answer for it. Just giving everyone the run around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
My titbit one has been turning off several times a day for the past week. I keep rebooting it per instructions but a few hours later it shuts down again. This is extremely frustrating. Is there something else that can be done?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Please call or email customer service.  I did not hear anything when I posted here but I got a response after emailing them.  (Although it did take them 2 days to reply.)  Explain to them the problem you are having and what you want them to do to help you.  I do believe there is a system wide problem but they are very cooperative and gave me a satisfactory outcome. 

Best Answer
Thank you. I will call tomorrow
Best Answer
0 Votes
What was your satisfactory outcome?

--
Cedric Crucke
cedric.crucke@gmail.com
Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven't been able to fix the issue! It seems that there is no fix for this problem, at least one that I have come across.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Add me to the list... even after resetting and letting my Fitbit One battery drain completely, then recharging I continue to have the same issues.

Best Answer
Thank you so much for that advice. I will!

Lisa
Best Answer
My One stopped working after 13 months. Followed the reset/cleaning suggestions with no luck.

This is probably it for me as far as FitBit goes. My wife's Flex lasted 18 months, as did my daughters. I've also owned a Charge HR and a Surge. It seems like most of the product line has a 12-18 month life span. For a while, I was using both my One and Apple Watch to track my fitness. Now, with my One dead, I'm going to rely on my Apple Watch from here on out. The fitness app on the AW isn't the greatest, but it's about to get an update and have similar community sharing features. I used to be quite the advocate for FitBit, but I'm really disappointed with their expensive, yet sub-par products.
Best Answer

Just this morning my Fitbit froze. I know I had walked about 3000 steps but it showed only about 300! I re-synced it with my Android device and it then started to track again. This is after I had reset it a few days ago. My wife's Charge also keeps showing the wrong time and stops tracking every now and then. It seems that there is a fundamental problem with the devices, be it hardware or firware. Although I like my One I don't think I will replace it if it packs up because the new one will probably have the same issues after some use. I am very quickly loosing confidence in the reliability of these products, especially after reading some of the posts, and experience with ours.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am having a hard time deciding what to do. Since reading about others who
have had similar experiences, I am wary of investing in a new Fitbit and
having the same problems. That would be a waste of money- and very
frustrating! At this point, I am still "trackerless."
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, that's a real shame. When it worked, I really liked my Fitbit. Maybe
the company will get the problems solved some time in the future.
Meanwhile, I'm afraid that if I purchase a new one I will end up with the
same problems.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, I am in the same situation....not sure I will replace my fitbit (loved my One, and wore it religiously for 3 years).  It was fun to track steps and food...but, the sheer number of people with fitbit problems, is causing me to lack confidence. 
Previously -  I have praised Fitbit and been a big advocate, since my "Fitbit One" sleep data actually, along with fatigue, caused my doctor to send me for a sleep study and I now wear a CPAP machine.  Fitbit data showed an improvement....of course, when it was working, and not shutting itself off.
Best Answer

I will say it again, please call or email customer service.  I know they will not do this for everyone but my One was 18 mo old and not purchased on the Fitbit site and they sent me a new one.  I had just purchased (in the past 6 months) Ones for each of my family members and let Fitbit know that not only did I wear my One all the time i was always telling people how much I loved it and how it was motivating me to keep moving. 

Best Answer
0 Votes