Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit One pairing rejected by One

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had a Fitbit One for years. I noticed itq syncing on August 22nd 2019. I have restarted my phone, turned the blue tooth on/off multiple times, forced the app closed and restarted my One multiple times. The Fitbit app couldn't find the tracker and when I restart my blue tooth, it is showing up as an unpaired device. When I try to pair it, it says, "Pairing rejected by One". I even tried removing the device from my app and setting up a new one, but that doesn't let it pair either. Any help would be appreciated!

Best Answer
80 REPLIES 80
But it's not just Fitbit One! If you read thru the forum posts, many Fitbit
products are having the exact same issue we're having!
I'm going to do a chat on the help line to see what they have to say about
repairs to the app!! Sooo frustrating!!! Poor business/customer service!!!
Best Answer

@Rich_Laue The problems listed in this thread are all connected. Since about the 20th August 2019 when trying to sync the One via the android app I have a message coming up across the top of the app dashboard first saying "Looking for device". Then a red line goes across the screen and says "No device found". 

I suspect that the problems might look a bit different on different devices, but the stories all have the same outcome. If you finally get it to sync, it only lasts for a moment or an hour. - It takes about 1/2 an hour to get the sync happening in the first place and involves force closing the app, and force restating the device. All very frustrating.

These are all people who have been syncing the devices fine for years, indicating there is a problem with the app update provided on or around August 20th this year.

Best Answer

You summarized the situation perfectly.  What you described is exactly what I'm experiencing.

Best Answer
Totally agree!! Now to get Fitbit to do something about the problem!!
Best Answer

My Fitbit One has been syncing most of the time over the past couple of days, but now the Active Minutes won't update even though the steps are updating through a sync.  

Also, when I log into my Fitbit dashboard on my Windows PC, it says the last sync was at 8:18 a.m. (about 6 hours ago) even though I've sync'ed with my Android phone as recently as one minute ago.  

Any suggestions on how to get the Active Minutes to resume updating?

And how can I get my dashboard on my laptop to sync/update?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ZrCatherine. I have to disagree. The thread with a user trying to pair a Fitbit One to their phone through the phones Bluetooth screen. Trying to do this step is not mentioned in the setup procedure. We also have someone who feels they have always setup there Fitbit to their Fitbit account, simply by connecting the Fitbit to their phones Bluetooth. Neither of the above is possible. 

We also have had people having issues with the setup process through the Fitbit app and now people who are having sync issues. 

Of course without knowing much about the phone does not allow anyone to give phone specific help. 

We know that a few users running Android 9 are having sync issues with the latest app while others are having issues with notifications. 

To sum up the OP was about being very frustrated that they where not able to pair a One to the phones Bluetooth, with no mention if why. The reason they where not able to do this is because this can not be done. The One should reject the pairing everytime and this is expected. 

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue, most of these people have had their fitbit one for long enough that they know how to set it up and how it should synch. Those of us not very technically minded might not describe things in the correct way according to you. Also many are pretty much trying anything by now because help doesn't seem to be forthcoming from fitbit. How about you tell them how to get their trackers working again? 

Best Answer

You tell them. Collectively, we are way ahead of Fit**ahem**. And we still don't have a reliable way to get One to sync more than once

Best Answer

Thanks for the editing, or censoring

Best Answer
Thank you. Well said Rich. I have hsd my fotbit one for 3 years and have never had any problems before two weeks ago.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree, I have had my one a couple of years now and in the app it says that it can not find it. I never had a problem with that prior and it does seem like something was changed in August for so many people to have the same issue. Wish they would go back to whatever they had before the change.

Best Answer

I agree & that really makes me angry.  I have  One because I don't want to wear a wrist one

Best Answer

I'm with you.  I haven't worn a watch in over 20 years. Not starting now

Best Answer

I'm happy to see there's more like me.  They don't address allergies or the existence of hypoallergenic products so I have to stay with a clip on

Only the Inspire fits with a clip.  The HR can't be used with it.  If I have to replace my One I want more features 

Best Answer

I am also having the same issue, it is telling me that the pairing is being rejected by One. I have tried all the requisite attempts to get my One to pair, but it doesn't. I have the app on two different phones and get the same response when attempting to pair it on Bluetooth, Pairing is rejected by One. I attempt to sync in the app, and it says tracker not found, again on both phones. I will remove the app from one phone and try it again, but I don't expect any changes. If it works, I will let y'all know.

Best Answer

But you have to do it every day. So frustrated right now.  Been dealing with it since it started. I don't want a new Fitbit. I bought this one because I can wear it on my bra.

Best Answer

I took the Fitbit app off one of my phones, but the app on the other phone still "cannot find the device"(exact words). I tried to connect through Bluetooth on the phone and now it says it cannot communicate with device. I tried again from the Bluetooth on the phone, and it wouldn't find the device. I waited a few minutes, and it again says the pairing was rejected by One. Go figure. I see that there is a notice on top of the forum saying that Fitbit will be conducting "planned maintenance" starting at 10 PM PST tonight, which will "interrupt syncing, setup, and most site functions".Lets see if anything starts working after tonight.

Best Answer

I took the Fitbit app off one of my phones, but the app on the other phone still "cannot find the device"(exact words). I tried to connect through Bluetooth on the phone and now it says it cannot communicate with device. I tried again from the Bluetooth on the phone, and it wouldn't find the device. I waited a few minutes, and it again says the pairing was rejected by One. Go figure. I see that there is a notice on top of the forum saying that Fitbit will be conducting "planned maintenance" starting at 10 PM PST tonight, which will "interrupt syncing, setup, and most site functions".Let's see if anything starts working after tonight.

Best Answer

I was thinking the same thing. Grrr

Best Answer
Unfortunately, I can't get mine up and running at all. I've had mine for years, and have had similar problems in the past. I don't understand why they have trouble with updates. By the way, I don't have a bra to pin mine to, but I just don't want to wear a watch-like device! I have become quite attached to this thing over the years, sort of like a comfortable old pair of shoes, so I hope they can get this fixed!

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer