Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit One pairing rejected by One

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had a Fitbit One for years. I noticed itq syncing on August 22nd 2019. I have restarted my phone, turned the blue tooth on/off multiple times, forced the app closed and restarted my One multiple times. The Fitbit app couldn't find the tracker and when I restart my blue tooth, it is showing up as an unpaired device. When I try to pair it, it says, "Pairing rejected by One". I even tried removing the device from my app and setting up a new one, but that doesn't let it pair either. Any help would be appreciated!

Best Answer
80 REPLIES 80

@Jeffmmusser then please read the community guidelines and stop yelling at us by typing in all caps. Users who understand the guided lines will flag these posts. 

Users may use bold, italics, or change the color to get attention. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I updated Fitbit last nite and sync'd successfully this morning without
resetting!
Best Answer

You lucked out. It looks like they didn't get it fixed for everyone, though. I'm still blind.

Best Answer

I'm not sure why this is shown as being solved. The "solution" still shows it not working less than a day later? This is very frustrating. Does anyone know of a different tracker that will track floors climbed and preferably not be a wrist worn tracker to replace my One with?

Best Answer
I agree!! I've lost trust in Fitbit! A respectable company would NOT treat
it's loyal customers this way!!
I, too, would like to know of another tracker that is NOT worn on the
wrist. I will switch in a heartbeat!!
Best Answer
What do you mean by update? What did you do?

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
When I went to look at my stats on my Fitbit app, I was forced to download
the updated app to continue. Since then, my app won't sync and I keep
getting a message "no device found". Very frustrating!!
Best Answer
Exactly what happened to me. Very disturbing. I have had my One for 4 or 5 years, and this is not the first time I've had a problem with an app update screwing up the works. It has been a couple of years since the last one, but had a couple of issues before that one. No matter how much I hounded them, it would take a month or so before the problem was fixed. At one point, I put it in the drawer and walked away. In a few weeks it would magically start working again. So, I'll throw it in the drawer for a couple of weeks and see what happens.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer

I've been having this issue on my galaxy S8 but the latest fitbit update has just fixed it!! Yay!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been having this issue on my galaxy S8 but the latest fitbit update has just fixed it!! Yay!

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer

Hallelujah! I deleted my updated Fitbit app, went into Google Play and downloaded the app again. Then I reset my One tracker. When I  opened the app, it looked like the warm and fuzzy old app, the tracker synced, and all was good with the world. I don't plan on updating the app anytime soon. If you can, set your phone so it doesn't automatically update apps! My app is now version 2.57, so the apps store didn't have the latest version. Or else Fitbit scrubbed their latest app. YAY!

Best Answer

@dfentzlaff,  I'm on Android 5 and my playstore is currently offering version 2.75.1 I thought I was going nuts as I am using 3.3.1.  Wondered why I wasn't being offered 3.4.

Tell you what else is odd, I had mine on my sd card by mistake and could get the test call on notifications now it's back in the phone the test call doesn't work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having 2.57.11 in our Play store is what saved me tons of grief. When the new version (3.31) was sent out is when my One stopped working, with all sorts of syncing problems. I ditched 3.31, downloaded the older version, and I was back in business immediately. After 3 days of no service! I like the older version better, anyway. Sometimes you shouldn't mess with something that ain't broke! 

Best Answer
3 days ago I got updated and the app is 3.5
This morning when I opened it it immediately synced
Maybe!!!

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just uninstalled my Fitbit app from my Android phone and then installed the latest version from the Play Store.  So far so good -- hope it keeps working properly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The following is an explanation as to why a marked solution does not work. 

@mallory.a.starr let's look at why a solution gets marked solved, and by who it is that decides the solution. 

Are you still getting the message that the One rejected your attempt to pair the tracker? If this is not the problem you are experiancing then you have posted in the wrong thread and why the solution does not work for you. 

The original poster was having trouble pairing the Fitbit One to their phone when trying to pair through the phones Bluetooth menu. As mentioned many times in the last 4 pages of this thread, a user will not be able to pair a Fitbit tracker this way. 

The solution is to use the Fitbit app to setup the tracker to their Fitbit account. Then if the app needs to pair the tracker to the phone, the app will do the pairing. 

The marked solution simply States that the tracker needs to be setup using the add tracker procedure found in the Fitbit app. 

If your still having an issue pairing your tracker to your phone through the phones Bluetooth menu then this is why your problem isn't solved. You must do the setup process through the Fitbit app. 

Now if you are trying to setup the tracker through the Fitbit app, then you have responded to a post that has hijacked the thread. 

If you are having a sync issue and find the solution not helpful then you are responding to the second hijacked subject. 

Please be aware that the solution is for the subject of a thread. 

When a thread gets hijacked with a question unrelated to the subject, then most likely the solution will not work for the now hijacked thread. 

The reason for your confusion is because most of the posts in this thread have nothing to do with the subject. 

The solution is for users to post a new thread with their problem rather than jump onto an solved thread and asking question that has nothing to do with the subject of the thread. 

By the eighth post this thread had been hijacked. They mentioned having a sync issue which has nothing to do with the tracker not being paired to the phone. Many sync issues have been fixed simply by removing the tracker from the phones Bluetooth. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Go to the app store and do the update it works

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I did that, and I am back up and running, as you said. I checked, and what was in the app store and what I downloaded was an older version, 2.75.11, I believe. But, it works just fine, and I actually like it better than the new version. Thanks for the heads up, and all the hints from all you in the Community!

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue,  thank you for another lecture on what we are all doing wrong.

Maybe the reason so many threads are getting hijacked is because so many people have had so many problems that have not been addressed on other threads. So someone with a synch problem ends up posting on any thread that mentions a synch problem whether or not it is to do with their particular app version, tracker model or phone. It's people casting wide in desperation seeking actual help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The problem with casting wide or cross posting is that it makes it impossible to give help to anyone, and the trees quickly becomes a can you too what is not working on my tracker, with no way for anyone to give one to one help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes