Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit One pairing rejected by One

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had a Fitbit One for years. I noticed itq syncing on August 22nd 2019. I have restarted my phone, turned the blue tooth on/off multiple times, forced the app closed and restarted my One multiple times. The Fitbit app couldn't find the tracker and when I restart my blue tooth, it is showing up as an unpaired device. When I try to pair it, it says, "Pairing rejected by One". I even tried removing the device from my app and setting up a new one, but that doesn't let it pair either. Any help would be appreciated!

Best Answer
80 REPLIES 80

Exactly my experience!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did they acknowledge they have an app problem? Are they working on a fix?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes exactlly the same.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer

There are a couple other threads on this as well.  I've tried all the SOLVED suggestions, and they APPEAR to work, but then I have to keep repeating the steps to reconnect every day.  I wish Fitbit would fix this for real.  I'm on a Galaxy smartphone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No -- the support person who helped me was not aware of a broad issue with the app. even though I mentioned that several users on the community forum were experiencing the same issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mallory.a.starr if you are trying to pair the tracker through your phones Bluetooth screen. You should receive the message of "Pairing rejected by the One". No Fitbit tracker can be paired to a phone this way. 

The users sets up (connects) the tracker to there Fitbit account. Then if the Fitbit app needs the tracker paired to the phone, the Fitbit app will do the pairing. 

The Fitbit one does not have to be listed in the Bluetooth menu for the tracker to sync. 

Best Answer

So, for the last 4.5 years it was working wrong? Any syncing issues have always been fixed by turning off bluetooth and turning it back on.

Please read the comments and the issues. These devices worked for years and now an update came out and the devices don't work anymore.

Best Answer
Exactly!! I've NEVER had an issue with the app finding my device until this
update!! It HAS to be the app!!
And what really gets me is Fitbit has everyone's contact info from when you
set up your device. Since the problem started Aug 20, NO communication from
them acknowledging that there's an issue. NO message that they're working
on it! Come on Fitbit!!
Best Answer
I totally agree with you. I haven't had a problem with mine for 3 years but now I do.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer

Turning Bluetooth off/on restarts the Bluetooth drivers and often fixes a sync issue. The other step that often works is to remove the tracker from the list of Bluetooth trusted devices. Now if for some reason there is a hardware mockup on the phone then a complete shutdown (hard reset) may be needed. 

None of these has nothing to do with upswing the Bluetooth screen to attach the tracker. 

Confusion is happening since this thread has been hyjacked with sync issues, some responses have to do with setup, some with the pairing of the tracker to the phone, while other posts are about a Fitbit app update that has affected a few phones running Android 9, and not about any single type of tracker. 

Best Answer

Really frustrated by all of this. I've been using a Fitbit since 2013. I've tried all the "solutions" listed. Uninstalled and reinstalled the software. Bluetooth on/off. Fitbit reset. In all combinations. It works for one sync, then it's back to resetting the Fitbit to get it to sync.

Obviously Fitbit changed something in mid August and I think it's also obvious they're not going to fix it. They want to be done with the One.

Does anyone have recommendations on another tracker? I don't want to wear a watchband. Tried MisFit and that wasn't a good alternative.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue Are you familar with the Fitbit One tracker? It is just a step tracker that you clip to your waist band or pocket. I have had one for 4.5 years. I have always used my bluetooth screen to pair it. If my phone app (had phone for 3 years now) couldn't find it then I would shut off my bluetooth and turn it back on. Now, when it tries to sync, the app says the device can't be found. 

Maybe the newer Fitbit devices that sync with your texts and calls use the app, but that is not how the One has worked while I have owned it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the exact same problem. Started around August 25, 2019. Have done everything suggested and nothing works. Ready to leave Fitbit and move to Apple. No help from Fitbit!

Best Answer
I have a One. Have had for 6 years (I think this is my third). The One is
no longer snycing.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@hokiefit I am looking for a replacement. On Amazon the Fitbit Inspire (HR or regular) can be worn as the One is worn. Amazon has different clips to buy for your waistband or pocket. That seems the best option for me as I too don't want a wrist one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry @cjschwer you have never paired the Fitbit One to your phone through its Bluetooth screen. I can say this because it can not be done. The Fitbit can only be setup through the Fitbit app. Then the app does the actual pairing. 

Yes having had an Ultra, One, Flex 2, Force, and a few more trackers. I'm looking at my One right now. I am very well acquainted with the process and I also am aware that the Fitbit One does not need to be paired to the phone for the tracker to sync. 

@Cyn2222 saying you have the exact same problem when 3 possibly 4 unrelated problems are mentioned above, gives us no hint of what your problem may be. Also it would be helpful to include the device you sync through. 

Better yet it would really be helpful if yo had started a new thread about your unique problem. 

Best Answer
Thanks for the heads up. I'll look into those options. But I hate to keep
giving Fitbit my business/money.
Best Answer
0 Votes
That's the way I feel. Why support a company who will not support us?
Best Answer

All of those issues are related to the sync problem that surfaced in mid August. We're all just trying to help each other out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you asked customer support for help @Cyn2222 I'm not sure if you have awake your fellow Fitbit users for help. By the 4th post this thread was hijacked, making it nearly impossible to help anyone. 

Best Answer