Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Availability and Alternatives

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Though Fitbit One is a popular product, as we introduce new products, we occasionally make changes to our product line to keep you on track with the most up-to-date health and fitness tracking tools.

As a result, we no longer sell the One. We recommend considering the other discreet options we offer- Fitbit Zip, if you prefer a clip-based tracker or Fitbit Flex 2 if you prefer a slim, wrist-based tracker. Or, take our quiz on http://www.fitbit.com/compare to see which device meets your needs best.

Please note that we will continue to support the One and, if necessary, provide replacements for devices in warranty.

We do know there are many fans of the One who would like to discuss alternatives and have created this thread for discussion and merged a few posts together. Please keep in mind Community Guidelines when posting. 

At this time, feedback has been shared on the One status and there are no plans to bring this particular tracker back at this time, we will not be able to comment further. 

We apologize for any inconvenience and hope we can continue to provide you with Fitbit trackers you love and help you reach your goals.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1,310 REPLIES 1,310

Very funny post! And I agree with you completely. I don't know if you're a female, but if you are Ryka shoes (for women only) have been my best shoe for the last 10 years or so. They change the colors but it's the same shoe - and very cheap, too!

Best Answer
0 Votes

With everyone who is upset, me being one of them, it makes me sad that Fitbit doesn't care. This is how company's go under. If I'm forced to get a wrist tracker, it will no way be a Fitbit. I refuse to do business with a company who does not care about what the customer wants. From #1 to #10. That's Fitbit 

Best Answer

This is disappointing at best.  Seriously, I can see why Fitbit stock is tanking now and I’ll be selling mine off if they don’t bring an alternative to the One that is basically identical.  Call it the Two, whatever.  I’ve purchased 20+ Fitbits over a span of 5 years and convinced a dozen friends and family members to jump on the activity bandwagon with me, and they all did!  The One is by far the most accurate step counter, which is why I wore it with my Blaze for a year, and wanted to wear it with my brand new Ionic (which is counting 30% less steps-I’m trying to win challenges here!).  

Thanks for bringing our family of 6 + many relatives together only to pull the rug out from under us since my kids are out of the family competitions bc their One’s stopped working, just as mine has, and they aren’t allowed to wear jewelry in Athletics.

Why didn’t they give us a warning so we could buy extras or release a clip on alternative BEFORE getting rid of the One?  (No, none of the other products come close as an alternative.).  

Boo on you Fitbit!

Best Answer

I know it's impossible to read through all the prior posts - which is why I'm posting again my little experiment with the Fitbit Alta, which I did find to be very close to the One. Similar in size and price, it's really only missing the "floors" function. It does track sleep ... in fact it auto-tracks it (you don't have to start/stop or input times manually). Also auto-tracks exercise. It has the silent alarms, display, rechargeable battery. I wore it in a 3rd party clip on my bra next to my One, which is still working for now and found the step count to be quite close, so I'm on board with its accuracy. 

Here's a link to a little blog post I did which has pictures and numbers ... http://jenbsjourney.blogspot.com/2017/12/fitbit-one-done-alta-alternative.html

Fitbit SAYS their products should only be worn as intended (Alta on the wrist) ... but trying as a torso tracker worked for me. That's going to be my route once my One is done. I was going to grab my son's Alta and try it again on my waist to compare step count. He hadn't been wearing it over the holidays, but he had it one today, so ...

@RS044 our stories sound SO similar! I've been with fitbit since 2010 and have gotten so many friends and family on board. I had an Omron pedometer originally, and still wore it when I got my One (and they were pretty close, so it made me trust the One for accuracy). I did want to try the heart rate function so I got the ChargeHR (and just recently the Charge2) but still wear my One and my Charge/wrist tracker is substantially less (and I went through three different devices and they all tracked similarly, missing many steps every day). 

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer

Thanks, Jen, to you and others that have recommended the Alta as an alternative.  Though I'm very seriously considering ditching Fitbit entirely, thanks to this ham-handed approach to "marketing innovation" or whatever the current buzzword is, I may give it a try anyway.  

Anyone know the "magic words" to say to customer service to get offered a "bribe" (discount on a tracket) to stay with Fitbit instead of going to the competition?  I tried via customer service chat yesterday, but maybe when I accused the rep of being a semi-clever computer script instead of a real person, I ticked him off... 🙂 

Best Answer

Very disappointed to read the one is no longer available. I had spent ages researching the best fitness tracker for my needs (I did not want a wrist one). Having decided on the Fitbit One I looked into buying it it was then that I discovered you have discontinued it in favour of the Zip which only has basic features. 

I cannot comprehend that you have dropped such a popular product for reasons that I don't understand. In doing so you have lost a great many customers who will be looking at alternatives with other manufactures. There is a bit market out there for trackers that are not wrist worn.

Best Answer

Very disappointed to read the one is no longer available. I had spent ages researching the best fitness tracker for my needs (I did not want a wrist one). Having decided on the Fitbit One I looked into buying it it was then that I discovered you have discontinued it in favour of the Zip which only has basic features. 

I cannot comprehend that you have dropped such a popular product for reasons that I don't understand. In doing so you have lost a great many customers who will be looking at alternatives with other manufactures. There is a big market out there for trackers that are not wrist worn.

Best Answer

I doubt that anyone at Fitbit is reading these messages. I hope I’m wrong, but contacting them directly via email, FB messenger, or posting on their FB page might get their attention better. I tagged them in a Twitter post, but received no response, so not sure they’re reading those either. Again, I hope I’m wrong. 

I have a back up One, that I purchased from Kohl’s online, so I’m not looking for another tracker right now. But I’ve been reading the comments about people using third party clips for the Ulta. How do those clips hold up? 

Best Answer

I am very disappointed in the discontinuation of the one....I have had one since 2013 (Well more like 4) but I love it.  I hate the ones on my wrist.  My hubby just bought me the ionic in early December for my birthday and I got 135 active minutes wrapping Christmas presents (because it was on my wrist).  I want it to be accurate and the wrist ones just aren't.  The ionic would say you need 250 steps in the last 10 minutes and then when I would do it, the steps wouldn't register.....The only thing I actually liked about it was the sleep tracking because it was more detailed than the one.

Best Answer

I was quite impressed with the 3rd party clip for the Alta. It is very similar to the One and its clip. I must admit I only wore it for three days (as my One is still working for now, and I was stealing the Alta from my son, he wears it on his wrist when he wears it ...) I know I've gone through a few One clips over the years as they've bent out a bit or lost the little tip (leaving the sharp metal pokey there). Just had to replace my son's Zip clip as it caught on the seatbelt as he got out of the car and that pulled it apart. When I've had to replace clips (for the One/Zip ... and bands for Charge/Blaze/Alta) I've generally gone with 3rd party ones. It's nice that they are an easy option now (as well as replacement chargers and such). Fitbit did replace a few over the years for me too.

In addition to my One I do wear a Fitbit on my wrist too ... unlike other commenters, I've never noticed extra steps from arm movements. I've only noticed not getting credit, even for the most simple exercises, like walking on the treadmill. It's always substantially lower than my One. The only thing that does seem to shake it up is the lawn mower ... then the Charge gets more steps than the One.

Fitbit doesn't seem to pay any attention to these forums in my opinion. I've never seemed to get a response on a FB post, but they did seem to notice getting tagged on Twitter. My best bet has been dealing directly with customer service for issues ... but alas the poor customer service people don't really have any say in actual products.

If Fitbit could just add the floors feature to the regular Alta (it doesn't have the heart rate feature, it seems like there would be room for an altimeter in there!) it really would be a good One replacement. In my limited experience, the Alta was more accurate on the torso than when worn on the wrist. I do need to experiment more and would be interested in other people's tests. Someone else indicated it not being that accurate when worn at the waist. If my son stops wearing his, I'll do some further "trials" 😉

Best Answer
Thank you for all that information! Many people are looking for a decent
replacement for the One, and your experience helps all figure out what to
do next.

--
*Diane K. Deacon*
Best Answer

I'm glad you mentioned the differences between the One and the Ionic! I was using the One when I was on the treadmill because it seemed like it was counting more steps. Glad to know it wasn't my imagination.

A warning to people who may to to ebay to find one. I bought one from a guy who lives in China and when it arrived it didn't work. Dead. Won't turn on even though charged. I have been going back and forth with him and either he really doesn't get the concept of "does not work" or is stalling. I had to get eBay involved and our issue is still being resolved.

Best Answer

Jill, I totally agree. Had I known, I would have purchased another One. In fact, I found out the One was discontinued when I came to  the site to buy another! Still not understanding the reasoning behind this...

Best Answer

I’ve tested the One against the Charge 2. One always counted more steps by a long shot. Charge 2 over counts sleep generally by about 2.5 hours 

Best Answer

I think trackers are like scales...they're all a bit different.  I don't imagine many or even most of them are exactly accurate, but I like keeping a generallized watch over my steps and stairs.  As for comments about contacting Fitbit, I'd say they probably aren't watching our comments here.  I sent a direct email to them and got a rather canned response that conveyed the message to me that either they don't care what anyone says or thinks, or they've just decide to drop the One and that's it.  We're the ones complaining on these forums, and there seem to be a lot of us complaining, but what we can't know is how many people were buying the One...or not.  Ultimately, it would all be about their sales of the One.  Maybe not enough people were buying the One compared to their other trackers, and that is behind their marketing decision to drop it.  I would perhaps consider buying a backup One if I could locate it at a "normal" price (people are price gouging the available Ones out there), but I think the issue might be more than Fitbit isn't going to support the One and all the new OS versions that come out.  If a brand new One doesn't work with the software of a phone, it will be relatively useless.

Best Answer

I don't think we are the only ones complaining.  I've gone onto other forms for the band and wrist trackers and similar people are asking for a clip device they can hook into their bra, belt or pocket for formal events or when they can't wear anything on their wrists.  So it is not just the One message board, others are asking for something that clips or a way to convert a wrist to a clip for certain occasions.

Best Answer

Unfortunately for many people who loved the One there is no Fitbit alternative.  In addition to accurately counting my steps the two other critical items for me were the facts that it counts flights of stairs and I could put it in my pocket.  I don't want to wear a device on my wrist.  The Zip does not provide the information I want to see.  Quite honestly I don't care about the sleep part of the One.  That was a novelty at first but I stopped using that early on.

If you don't bring back the One then please give us another option that can be worn in the pocket or clipped to the waist and will count flights of stairs as well as steps.  I loved my Fitbit One until the battery gave out.  Please don't make me go to another company to find what I want.

Best Answer

Hello everyone! Thanks for all of your comments on this thread. 

By checking the Feature Suggestions Board and I was able to find a couple of interesting ideas pointing to the future. The first one is to release a clip-on accessory for other Fitbit trackers. The second one is to make a future clip-on tracker with more features. If you haven't done so already, vote for these ideas. The more votes the better.

Also, if non of those ideas really represent what you need, you can always create a new suggestion for a future Fitbit product. 

Let me know if you post! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

I would love an improved clip-on tracker 

Best Answer
Tried to "Vote" but couldn't. The fitbit page said "node not found"
whatever that means.

--
*Diane K. Deacon*
Best Answer
0 Votes