Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Availability and Alternatives

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Though Fitbit One is a popular product, as we introduce new products, we occasionally make changes to our product line to keep you on track with the most up-to-date health and fitness tracking tools.

As a result, we no longer sell the One. We recommend considering the other discreet options we offer- Fitbit Zip, if you prefer a clip-based tracker or Fitbit Flex 2 if you prefer a slim, wrist-based tracker. Or, take our quiz on http://www.fitbit.com/compare to see which device meets your needs best.

Please note that we will continue to support the One and, if necessary, provide replacements for devices in warranty.

We do know there are many fans of the One who would like to discuss alternatives and have created this thread for discussion and merged a few posts together. Please keep in mind Community Guidelines when posting. 

At this time, feedback has been shared on the One status and there are no plans to bring this particular tracker back at this time, we will not be able to comment further. 

We apologize for any inconvenience and hope we can continue to provide you with Fitbit trackers you love and help you reach your goals.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1,310 REPLIES 1,310

Good point on wearing it under your clothes—I wore it under a long dress when my daughter got married!

Best Answer

I agree as long as they bring a clip on replacement with the same options as the One and its accuracy.

Best Answer

I hope you have better luck with your fitbit one than I have.  In May of 2017 my one died and fitbit graciously replaced it even though it was slightly over its warrenty.  New years eve the replacement died only slightly over six months after getting it.   It never synced right but I kept track myself in paper. I didn't want to be a pain because it was a replacement.  None of the suggestions on the forumto restart have failed. Waiting for an email response.

Best Answer

I have had my One since 2013. I have had sync issues a couple of times after updates.  I plug the charger into the computer with the toggle and do a reset, so far it has resolved it every time

Best Answer

I feel the same as the rest of you. I guess I have to say goodbye to my days of fitness tracking and competing with friends. My Fitbit One will no longer hold a charge - I guess because of the incompatibility with iPhone - and my friends have all left Fitbit because of this too. And nobody wants to wear a wrist tracker. Fitbit doesn't care and doesn't plan to change their products. What used to be enjoyable is now a super pain with customer support and/or constant charging. I give up. Goodbye! 😞

Best Answer

But hold on! It sounds like a lot of people want a fitness tracker like Fitbit One and nobody is providing it. Does anyone want to try to get a product like this out there? I'd be willing to team up and find/develop that product and compete with these other trackers. Please respond if you're interested too.

Best Answer

I have an iPhone and my One is still working with it. You may have some other problem.

i agree with the disappointment over discontinue of the One. When mine dies will have to find another product as do not want a wrist style or Zip

Best Answer
Fitbit customer support has assured me - repeatedly - that this is my
problem. I will try with no app on my phone - which defeats the purpose -
for one week but I think creating a new, wanted product is a great idea and
opportunity. Rich people that want to wear expensive watches and bracelets
yet still wear a fitness tracker that isn't like an ankle monitor... how
novel!
Best Answer

Even if another company produced a device exactly like the One ... I'd still change to the Fitbit Alta in a 3rd party clip (giving up the floors feature) before I'd give up Fitbit. For now my One is still working, but I gave the Alta a try as a torso tracker too (borrowed my son's) and I was assured with its accuracy, size and other advantages. While I'm very frustrated with all this (my favorites being discontinued), at least the Alta is an option that allows me to stay connected to all my Fitbit friends and continue the Fitbit data I've accumulated throughout the years. It's not simple to just switch devices and companies ... the advantage of being one of the first companies on the pedometer scene.

Best Answer
I agree 100% with you. I moved from the zip to the one because I have become committed to fitbit and my step counting. The frustration when the device isn't working has been upsetting but when friends try to steer me towards another company I think about it for about TWO SECONDS. Not only do I like the devices (when it works) but the customer service is second to none!
Best Answer

Love to help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m interested and have an IT project management background. If you are
serious, I’m interested.
--
*LaRissa Daniels *
Best Answer
0 Votes
I'd love to talk. Do you have my email address or can I send it?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'd love to talk. Do you have my email address or can I send it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Add me to the list of people that going to dump fitbit and try to find some other tracker. I have no interest in wearing a wrist based product. I don't understand why all of these trackers, by all companies, are going to wrist based. Unless...it's product visibility, and that wouldn't surprise me at all.

Best Answer

I just hate that the One is not an option for those of us who DON"T want a wristwatch! Unless you destroyed all that were left in stock, it seems that they should be available for purchase. It's also a shame your company didn't see fit to tell us BEFORE you discontinued it, so we could buy a replacement one for when ours bites the dust. Shame on you!

Best Answer
Yes, please send me you email. CZ

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I also wanted to voice my disappointment. 

After four years my fitbit One went through the wash.  

The zip is an inferior product. 

All other options are wrist based, and therefore not an option. 

I’m disappointed to be loosing my Fitbit community. 

Best Answer

I have two words for this decision....but only the second one, "you", is printable in a polite forum.

Why in the world would you discontinue such a popular product?  You said so yourself - it's a popular product.  I was perfectly happy with my One, until I lost it last week.  

I, like many other people, DO NOT LIKE wearing anything on our wrists.  This made the One PERFECT.  Yeah, I've seen the Zip.  Zip also means "nothing", "zero", "nil", "zilch"...and that's how much appeal it has to me, after having used a One for almost 2 years.  I don't WANT to be kept "on track".  I want what I had, but I'm not paying $300 at Amazon to get one, not when that's three times as much as I originally paid. 

I guess I shouldn't be surprised...pretty much every company seems to retire their successful, popular products in favor of being "innovative" and "up-to-date" and "new and improved."  You see the same thing in shoes... I have not been able to buy the same model/style of footwear twice in a row.  There's always something "new and improved", "better", "different".  

I have the same two words for the shoe companies, as well.  

Best Answer

The One/Ultra/Classic is what put Fitbit on the map and created a whole fitness bubble. Everyone wanted the Classic. Even Apple was jealous that they hadn't started it.
Customers were wild and loyal!  Fitbit made money. Fitbit went public.
Loyalty is to shareholders who want something different that costs more.
That doesn't excuse harming and cutting off their loyal customers like you and me.

It's a dog-eat-dog world.

Best Answer