Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Availability and Alternatives

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Though Fitbit One is a popular product, as we introduce new products, we occasionally make changes to our product line to keep you on track with the most up-to-date health and fitness tracking tools.

As a result, we no longer sell the One. We recommend considering the other discreet options we offer- Fitbit Zip, if you prefer a clip-based tracker or Fitbit Flex 2 if you prefer a slim, wrist-based tracker. Or, take our quiz on http://www.fitbit.com/compare to see which device meets your needs best.

Please note that we will continue to support the One and, if necessary, provide replacements for devices in warranty.

We do know there are many fans of the One who would like to discuss alternatives and have created this thread for discussion and merged a few posts together. Please keep in mind Community Guidelines when posting. 

At this time, feedback has been shared on the One status and there are no plans to bring this particular tracker back at this time, we will not be able to comment further. 

We apologize for any inconvenience and hope we can continue to provide you with Fitbit trackers you love and help you reach your goals.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1,310 REPLIES 1,310

I will say that when my One died a few months ago, it was out of warranty and they did provide me a discount to buy a new fitbit product. Might be because I had complained publicly on social media tho 

Best Answer

Thank you,jouia260.

that encourages me to try. Doesn’t fix the problem though.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:
<<  Fitbit did post on the help website they were discontinuing the one and
that they will provide a replacement if your device is not working and has
warranty on it. >>

Not many people look on the help site until they need help, of course - and by now it's far too late to be useful. My understanding is that they don't even have Ones in stock for the few people who did buy them less than a year ago. Fitbit has betrayed a core component of its clientele with this badly judged move.

Bryan M.
Best Answer

I believe some of the other Fitbit detach from the wrist band.  Can fitbit provide a clip on holder for them?

Best Answer

I want a tracker with the following features, all of which were available on the One:

- Clip-on function

- Altimeter

- USB Charging

- Ideally, longer battery life (my One could go more than a week without recharging)

Currently, none of the models that have clips available (through Fitbit or a third party) have an altimeter, which is very disappointing. I don’t like the watch-style trackers, and the Zip is a little too basic (plus having to replace batteries is expensive and a hassle).

Best Answer

@Quella71 wrote:

I believe some of the other Fitbit detach from the wrist band.  Can fitbit provide a clip on holder for them?

I know that there are third party manufacturers that make clips for the Flex and Alta; however, unlike the One, those trackers don’t have an altimeter.

Best Answer

Well my One finally bit the dust.  I'd look through the drawers and find the One my wife doesn't use anymore but I discovered that leaving the fitbit ecosystem isn't as hard as I imagined what with other trackers playing nicer with the Apple Healthkit.  

Best Answer

Add a pocket clip for the guys. I'm not into pendants. Also might ad back the stairs count.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've had a fitbit since 2012.  Had to buy quite a few.  They did not handle the washing machine very well (haha), Sometimes they just got old.  Love my fitbit.  Motivates me to MOVE!!  I could tell lots of stories, but that is not why I am writing.
I am writing because I want you to consider bring back the fitbit one.   Why?   Because for many people, it meets all their needs the best.  How do I know this?  Because right now, if I want to buy a fitbit one ... I can get one, but it cost far more than it's original price...$150.00 minimum!!  The other clip tracker is too large and does not measure sleep.
I can explain the why it's best for a lot of people.  For many people the wrist version does better at measuring wrist motion.  People that talk with there hands become super exercisers.  This would not happen with fitbit one.  The fitbit one can be placed anywhere... in a carry device, pocket, shoes, socks, t-shirt. belt etc.  It can be placed where the owner knows it will best measure the owners steps.
In my case, for example, I do a lot of activities.  I hike, bike, sail, run, walk, dance, garden, zumba, yoga, weights.  I can put the fitbit one in a location where I know it will measure my activity best.  When I bike, my upper body is fairly still.  I need to put the one on my shoe.  When I sail my little sunfish, a hip pocket is best, as i flip from one side of the sail boat to the other.  When I ballroom dance, where my upper body is very still, putting the one on my sock is best. 
I'm obviously not one of few that feel this way.  If I was, I'd be able to but old fitbit ones for $50 or less, not $150 or more!
So when I thought I threw my fitbit in the washing machine this morning (luckly I did not), I spent some time deciding what to do next.... would my new counter be an app on my iphone, who else is making step counters, do the old mechanical ones work better then they used too?  It did not occur to me to consider a fitbit, as I knew the wrist ones would not work for me...and the bulky ugly other fat thing that you sell, that is not easily chargable and does not do sleep and a few other things, was not even considered. 
Please reconsider you decision.  I would go way out of my way to continue to be a loyal fitbit customer.  You have been great!  I'm sure with my email you can see all my activity, the groups I have joined (1951 Birth Year, Jersey Fitbits) etc.  
What else do you need to know, to consider reconsidering the fitbit one decision?
Thanks!!
Pat Heller
Love the fitbit one!
Best Answer
I've had a fitbit since 2012.  Had to buy quite a few.  They did not handle the washing machine very well (haha), Sometimes they just got old.  Love my fitbit.  Motivates me to MOVE!!  I could tell lots of stories, but that is not why I am writing.
I am writing because I want you to consider bring back the fitbit one.   Why?   Because for many people, it meets all their needs the best.  How do I know this?  Because right now, if I want to buy a fitbit one ... I can get one, but it cost far more than it's original price...$150.00 minimum!! I can get a 'refurbished' one for only $130.   The other clip tracker is too large and does not measure sleep.
I can explain the why it's best for a lot of people.  For many people the wrist version does better at measuring wrist motion.  People that talk with there hands become super exercisers.  This would not happen with fitbit one.  The fitbit one can be placed anywhere... in a carry device, pocket, shoes, socks, t-shirt. belt etc.  It can be placed where the owner knows it will best measure the owners steps.
In my case, for example, I do a lot of activities.  I hike, bike, sail, run, walk, dance, garden, zumba, yoga, weights.  I can put the fitbit one in a location where I know it will measure my activity best.  When I bike, my upper body is fairly still.  I need to put the one on my shoe.  When I sail my little sunfish, a hip pocket is best, as i flip from one side of the sail boat to the other.  When I ballroom dance, where my upper body is very still, putting the one on my sock is best. 
I'm obviously not one of few that feel this way.  If I was, I'd be able to but old fitbit ones for $50 or less, not $150 or more!
So when I thought I threw my fitbit in the washing machine this morning (luckly I did not), I spent some time deciding what to do next.... would my new counter be an app on my iphone, who else is making step counters, do the old mechanical ones work better then they used too?  It did not occur to me to consider a fitbit, as I knew the wrist ones would not work for me...and the bulky ugly other fat thing that you sell, that is not easily chargable and does not do sleep and a few other things, was not even considered. 
Please reconsider you decision.  I would go way out of my way to continue to be a loyal fitbit customer.  You have been great!  I'm sure with my email you can see all my activity, the groups I have joined (1951 Birth Year, Jersey Fitbits) etc.  
What else do you need to know, to consider reconsidering the fitbit one decision?
Thanks!!
Pat Heller
Love the fitbit one!

@KateFitbit wrote:

Though Fitbit One is a popular product, as we introduce new products, we occasionally make changes to our product line to keep you on track with the most up-to-date health and fitness tracking tools.

As a result, we no longer sell the One. We recommend considering the other discreet options we offer- Fitbit Zip, if you prefer a clip-based tracker or Fitbit Flex 2 if you prefer a slim, wrist-based tracker. Or, take our quiz on http://www.fitbit.com/compare to see which device meets your needs best.

Please note that we will continue to support the One and, if necessary, provide replacements for devices in warranty.

We do know there are many fans of the One who would like to discuss alternatives and have created this thread for discussion and merged a few posts together. Please keep in mind Community Guidelines when posting. 

At this time, feedback has been shared on the One status and there are no plans to bring this particular tracker back at this time, we will not be able to comment further. 

We apologize for any inconvenience and hope we can continue to provide you with Fitbit trackers you love and help you reach your goals.

Best Answer
I so know how you feel. This morning I missed my one, which is ALWAYS in my
pocket. I called my husband in a panic and asked if he would please check
the laundry basket.

Later I found it in my jacket pocket. I had transferred it together with my
keys. It was very confrontational. What do I do when my one is gone????
Best Answer

@Pamala wrote:
 What do I do when my one is gone????

You put on your happy face, be a good little sheep consumer, and buy what Fitbit has deemed to be the only thing worth making:  A wrist-worn tracker.  How dare you question their wisdom and marketing smarts?!?!?!  (Yeah, they make the Zip, but it's a pedometer with delusions of adequacy.)

Or, you vote with your checkbook, and do some research and see if any of Fitbit's competitors have something that might fit your needs.  

Best Answer

I'm bummed about how Fitbit has handled this consumer sector:  Folks who want a clip-on device that tracks steps, stairs, sleep, and charges with a USB plug.  Their other clip-on is inadequate and requires a battery change. Blech. 

I cannot wear this on my wrist. I'm a pianist!!

It's to the point where my current two Fitbit Ones don't even sync properly, forcing me to look elsewhere for true fitness love.

Best Answer

KateFitbit wrote: << At this time, feedback has been shared on the One status and there are no plans to bring this particular tracker back at this time, we will not be able to comment further.  >>

Their minds were made up long ago, with no input from actual customers, and they clearly have no interest in us or what we need.

My advice, if (like me) you really need a clip-on, is to hit eBay or a similar marketplace, and try to find one to keep in reserve. Then we just need to pray that they actually do support it.

Bryan M.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes!  Do you have any suggestions as to a replacement?  Mine is currently have trouble syncing, and I am more and more frequently resetting.  I have not yet checked any other brands out, but I will!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Vivofit 3 vs One.jpg

My new go to clip on tracker (when my One dies) Garmin Vivofit 3 in belt clip accessory by Garmin (not aftermarket). Does everything the One does except stair count. Is waterproof. Can be paired with chest strap HRM. See Message 777 page 39, Message 718 page 36 and Message 604 page 31 for additional information.

Good Luck to all of us that love our One. 

Best Answer

There's really NOTHING out there like the Fitbit One - it was a unique product. It seems all the companies seem to be focusing on wrist trackers 😞

Options people have discussed here are

• Fitbit Alta in a 3rd party clip. About the same size/price as the one (if you go with the nonHR version) but no stairs. Auto-recognition for exercise and sleep is a step-up from the One though.
  • Garmin Viofit in a 3rd party clip. Seems to be the least expensive option. No stairs.  
  • Motiv ... it's a ring, not a clip-on (but not wrist-worn). More expensive ($200) and data isn't as detailed. Still no stairs. Does have Heart rate and sleep in addition to steps.

My One is still working fine for me ... but I'll move to the Alta in a clip when my One eventually gives out, unless a better Fitbit option comes out (I don't feel like I can leave Fitbit, I like the continuity too much. All the friends, previous data, connections with MFP and other apps).

Best Answer

Hello Pat Heller,

Thanks for writing such a great email!!

it occurs to me that maybe more users will join this groups as there Ones gradually die.

I have a bit of a panic when I can’t find mine.

thank goodness for the bright blue clip I bought!!

Best Answer
When my One started to fail, I wanted to get another—and found they were discontinued. One of my must-haves is stairs and that limited my choices to wrist trackers by Fitbit or any other company. I gave in and got a Charge 2 (even though it’s way too big for me and is inaccurate when worn on the wrist). I also hated the plastic look of the band and bought the following from Amazon:

Fitbit Charge 2 Bands Small & Large for Women Men Girls, hooroor Milanese Loop Stainless Steel Metal Bracelet Strap with Unique Magnet Lock, No Buckle Needed for Fitbit Charge 2 (Silver, Small)

Sold by: hooroorDirect $9.99

I undo the loose end (with the magnet), wrap it around the bra strap and tuck the Charge 2 into the bra. Worn that way, it’s as accurate as the One. At night, I re-do the strap and wear it on my wrist to track sleep.

Perhaps Fitbit could come up with a clip-on for the Charge 2 to accommodate those who cannot or will not wear a wrist tracker.
Best Answer
Hello SueAlan,
Thank you for that information.
Why did you choose the Charge over the Alta?
JEH1
Best Answer
0 Votes