Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Availability and Alternatives

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Though Fitbit One is a popular product, as we introduce new products, we occasionally make changes to our product line to keep you on track with the most up-to-date health and fitness tracking tools.

As a result, we no longer sell the One. We recommend considering the other discreet options we offer- Fitbit Zip, if you prefer a clip-based tracker or Fitbit Flex 2 if you prefer a slim, wrist-based tracker. Or, take our quiz on http://www.fitbit.com/compare to see which device meets your needs best.

Please note that we will continue to support the One and, if necessary, provide replacements for devices in warranty.

We do know there are many fans of the One who would like to discuss alternatives and have created this thread for discussion and merged a few posts together. Please keep in mind Community Guidelines when posting. 

At this time, feedback has been shared on the One status and there are no plans to bring this particular tracker back at this time, we will not be able to comment further. 

We apologize for any inconvenience and hope we can continue to provide you with Fitbit trackers you love and help you reach your goals.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1,310 REPLIES 1,310

And no more rechargeable battery! Why not?

Best Answer

Grandma of nine, I'm shocked-well maybe that's too harsh a visual - that FitBit has not answered this question!  Have you received an acceptable reply yet?

Dinah

Best Answer
not really - the reply basically is sorry about your luck we made our decision and if you want a clip it won't be ours 😞

Its I'm going to miss all the forums on here too and love the app on my phone -

oh well
Best Answer

so, i have a product that was working perfectly well, an update broke it, and now you're telling me i may have to buy a new product. call me cynical, but that seems poor practice to me.   

Best Answer

Just got One 5 months back, n you are telling its been discontinued. 

But had syncing issues, clip breakage issues.

Please help me with replacement.

Best Answer
Mine was perfect until the update as well!!!!!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
That is exactly what I thought!
Best Answer

Hi,

I am incredibly upset to learn that the Fitbit One has been discontinued. I have been a proud owner of a One since 2013, and I am very happy with its simplicity, size and reliability. I do not wear  a watch, nor do I want to start wearing one. So the ability to discreetly monitor my fitness and sleep is really important to me. The Fitbit Zip is simply too clunky to fit the bill. I'm sure I'm not the only loyal One user out there, so I hope that enough of us keep letting Fitbit know how much we want to see it returned to the product line. In the meantime, I have to hope that my current One keeps on tracking, and sadly, I'll have to look elsewhere for my fitness tracking needs.

A deeply disappointed Fitbit One Fan

Best Answer

I returned my new Alta today for a refund.  I did not like it for a variety of reasons.  My dear sister sent me back my original One and I was beyond thrilled.  It will last as long as it lasts, hopefully for a long time, and then I'll be on the list of disappointed, disillusioned FitBit owners that clearly are less important than the bottom line for the company.  

Oh, and as far as leaving a review FB-something that you repeatedly asked all of us-well--------REALLY??

I can leave one but I'm fairly certain you will be less than thrilled about our opinions.

Best Answer
Nope😞
Young Grandma of 11
Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit One on Amazon.com is selling for $220. Several of them on sale for twice as much as they originally cost. Craigslist is also listing a few Fitbit Ones for more than the original sale price. What does that tell you?!  That tells you that Fitbit has made a very bad business decision. I won't be putting a silicony rubbery thingee on my wrist. I won't be using a tracker that doesn't track sleep, flights of stairs, and steps. And I won't be using a tracker that requires uploading to a cell phone in order to see my progress. The cell phone app has proven untrustworthy. I've already found another company that makes a great tracker that does what the One does, and I'm going to switch to that once my One gives up.

Best Answer

Sq,

What is the name of that tracker?
🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

What is the tracker that you have found? 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Please share the tracker you found!

Sent from my iPad
Young Grandma of 11
Best Answer

Please bring back the One.  I don’t want a bracelet - I push a stroller.  I want the alarm and the altimeter and the accuracy of the One.  I liked the idea of some of the fashion options offered for the Flex and Alta, but the accuracy is more important to me.  I’m using an old zip until i give on on the One or a comparable tracker being offered, since the unresolved firmware/battery issue makes my One useless.

Best Answer

It's sad when a company loses sight of it's roots.  Fitbit (the company) was born producing actual clip-able fitness trackers (aka fitbits!).  The company is Fitbit not Fitband.  Or at least it was Fitbit.

Clearly the people in charge have fallen in love with the higher priced watch-like products.  If they wanted to keep all their loyal early-adopters and bit-lovers they would have introduced a replacement for the One before completely discontinuing it.   Companies don't completely exit a market they intend to remain in.

This from a company that physically hurt many of their users with the first "band" products they introduced (and then had to recall).

On top of this they are breaking your current remaining Ones with bad software updates.

I know there are much bigger issues in the world, but I'm still disgusted by this.

Best Answer

Totally agree.  It’s also a worry reading that people are buying Ones from Amazon etc. at inflated prices.  You would have to think they probably wouldn’t work either 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well I guess you can count me out then.  Loved the One, don't want a stupid wristband and the Zip doesn't have the functionality that the One had.  So long, Fitbit!

Best Answer

Fitbit didn't even value their customers enough to send an email alert about the discontinuance of Fitbit One. Those of us who don't want to wear a wristband but do want a rechargeable device are, effectively, now told to go take a flying leap. Thanks a lot!

Best Answer

My FitBit ONE battery died again after less than 24 hours.  This time, instead of going through the frustration of reporting the problem to FitBit and receiving no help or an acknowledgement that there is a known problem with the product, I have retired my ONE to the trash can.  I can no longer support a company that will not listen to their customers about discontinuing a good product (ONE) in preference for a crappy one (ZIP).  I have also learned that I don't need a tracker to motivate myself to get my steps in each day.

So long FitBit.  I will miss seeing the millions of steps I have walked the past 4 years but this morning, I feel surprisingly free.  I no longer NEED a tracker and I certainly don't need FitBit and their myriad of poor company decisions and poor customer service.

Best Answer