Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Availability and Alternatives

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Though Fitbit One is a popular product, as we introduce new products, we occasionally make changes to our product line to keep you on track with the most up-to-date health and fitness tracking tools.

As a result, we no longer sell the One. We recommend considering the other discreet options we offer- Fitbit Zip, if you prefer a clip-based tracker or Fitbit Flex 2 if you prefer a slim, wrist-based tracker. Or, take our quiz on http://www.fitbit.com/compare to see which device meets your needs best.

Please note that we will continue to support the One and, if necessary, provide replacements for devices in warranty.

We do know there are many fans of the One who would like to discuss alternatives and have created this thread for discussion and merged a few posts together. Please keep in mind Community Guidelines when posting. 

At this time, feedback has been shared on the One status and there are no plans to bring this particular tracker back at this time, we will not be able to comment further. 

We apologize for any inconvenience and hope we can continue to provide you with Fitbit trackers you love and help you reach your goals.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1,310 REPLIES 1,310

Well that just bites !!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did not realize that my phone wouldn't support the one anymore. I thought there was a problem with the blueray or something.  Luckily I can still use my laptop to keep track.

I am very sad about this whole thing.  I love my one and think this is a really great site and community.

Best Answer

I can’t even sync it on my computer. Glad you can still do that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Zip is a poor quality product.  After  a while it starts to eat batteries.  I know someone who had  a zip and by the time the warranty was it was requiring more frequent battery changes (up to daily).   The Zip offers few metrics and will cost you a lot in batteries!

Best Answer

This is very disappointing.  The one is a great option for those who don't want a wrist based device, or to use when they don't or can't have a wrist based option (ie playing soccer, or being dressed up for an occasion).  I have known those who have had a Zip and have read reviews that it is just not the same.  There are battery issues and the metrics offered are not as extensive, for example, no sleep tracking.  I see there have been some battery issues with the One since the latest update especially with syncing with apple products, and shortly after the update they discontinue the product???? I have been the using the one since my original ultra broke and love it.  Disappointed that it was discontinued, should be discontinuing the zip instead.  I will continue to use my one until it no longer works and then likely will leave fitbit as I have a gps watch for tracking runs anyway.

Best Answer

Just thought I would add in my two cents in some hope that Fitbit will reconsider their decision to discontinue the One. Sure, discontinue the only useful clip on tracker that allows you to track while still wearing a fashion watch and on your bra when wearing a nice dress. Good idea!!! Please notice the sarcasm.

The first tracker I ever bought was a Charge and was immediately annoyed that I couldn’t wear my existing luxury watch anymore and even more annoyed that I couldn’t carry the charge in my pocket or turn off the HR monitor. I went out and bought a One and now wear that every day for convenience, and it’s own WAY more accurate than the watch. 

I liked it so much that I bought my mom a One as well so she could compete in challenges with me (and always win).

Now my mom’s One has bit the dust and she has asked for a new one for Christmas and I cant offer her anything! She refuses to wear anything on her wrist for the annoyance of food prep and hand washing. So thanks Fitbit for making me tell my mom she cant have what she wants for Christmas and also for taking away our camaraderie of being on weekly challenges together. 

Ever thought of offering your customers choice?  Seems like a key market differentiator. 

Best Answer

I was interested in the newer trackers as they came out ... purchased the Charge and liked it but STILL WORE MY ONE. I couldn't give up the convenience of it clipping to my bra. I just set up a second account to sync my Charge to. I can't sleep with something on my wrist, but that's okay because I have my One. Until it inevitably dies ...

I can't believe you are not offering the ONE anymore. It's the closest to the original Ulta Fitbit. I believe it to be much more accurate than the wrist ones. Having two accounts and wearing both Fitbits (the One and Charge) and can attest that my Charge is not counting steps nearly as well (comparing estimated mileage to my treadmill readout).

The One is an almost perfect product! Mine has been giving me a little trouble (I have to do a soft reboot once a week when it stops syncing) and now I'm totally stressed as I can't replace it if it goes out. 😞 The Zip is not nearly the same (not tracking sleep, nor stairs, and while some like the replaceable battery, most prefer the recharging option) and it's more bulky than the one (wouldn't wear the Zip on my bra strap!). I've looked into the Alta option (buying an after market clip) but then you are forcing customers to pay $50 more (than the $99 One) for the HR option they are not using ... and it doesn't count stairs. I want my ONE!

Best Answer
You are lucky that it is still syncing. Mine quit syncing totally a month ago.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes
I am hoping that Fitbit is paying attention to all the posts about the ONE Tracker being discontinued. I have been sent so many responses to my post on this topic.
Fitbit, please consider a TWO so that your customers will stay with your company.
Best Answer
Totally agree. And I have no idea why they would not at least give us an alternate clip. So so sad

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer

Sorry the Zip is the poorest suggestion for the One replacement.   I can't wear a wrist unit and am hoping beyond hope that your researchers come up with a One 2

Best Answer

this is the last I can find that FitBit communicated about this:

"At this time, feedback has been shared on the One status and there are no plans to bring this particular tracker back at this time, we will not be able to comment further. 
 We apologize for any inconvenience and hope we can continue to provide you with Fitbit trackers you love and help you reach your goals."
We apologize for any inconvenience really - wow - could you have asked BEFORE discontinuing this product - If My one dies, not only will I not have my activity tracker - but will lose the community and the ability to join in the challenges with my friends.  So Sad and mad at the same time.  One's on eBay are now over 200$ when before this announcement I could get one for 70$
Best Answer
Totally agree. I haven’t worn my One for a few days now and I feel lost without it. Unfortunately it will not record my steps, sleep and now the alarm won’t work.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Great post

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

As a Fitbit moderator, surely you've by now realized that a wristband is not acceptable to a sizable portion of your market.  And disguising it as jewelry is not an alternative, either.  What people want is a tracker that tracks steps, stairs, calories and distance, is not obvious, and clips somewhere to clothing.  In short, the One.  But since it's being discontinued, what alternative can Fitbit offer that makes sense?

Best Answer

Strangely my phone is synching again!!  My laptop died so that is no longer an option.  I found a clip for the alta at AliExpress for around 5 dollars.  I might go that route when the time comes.  It would then be possible to use it like I use the one, which I LOVE!!!

Do you hear that fitbit?  I LOVE my one!

Best Answer

I concur with the  lack of a replacement for the One. have been using for years. It is perfect for my needs.

I don't need the bells and whistles of the upgraded models that you can only wear on your wrist. If Fitbit doesn't step up and provide a replacement, I am confident a Chinese manufacturer will enter the market.

It would not cost much to coninue an existing line. I am sure Fitbit wants users to upgrade to more expensive models, but it is an issue of function in the upgraded model, I do regularly watch the number of flights I do daily, and unsure if any of their replacements provide this function

Best Answer

I have been a Fitbit user and advocate for 5+ years (Ultra replaced with a One).

But if there isn't a non-wristband replacement by the time my One dies (garbage like the Zip doesn't count) then I guess I'm done with Fitbit or recommending anything from this company.   Man Frustrated

Best Answer

I have had a classic then a Ultra Now a One. I bet they come out with something. We just need to wait and see

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

I'm not happy to find out this has been discontinued either! GRRR! I work in healthcare and we aren't allowed to wear watches or bracelets, etc....as we need to be 'bare below the elbows' because of infection control...I love my fitbit and this is just shocking that they don't have choice for clip on devices. Disappointed.

Best Answer