Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Availability and Alternatives

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Though Fitbit One is a popular product, as we introduce new products, we occasionally make changes to our product line to keep you on track with the most up-to-date health and fitness tracking tools.

As a result, we no longer sell the One. We recommend considering the other discreet options we offer- Fitbit Zip, if you prefer a clip-based tracker or Fitbit Flex 2 if you prefer a slim, wrist-based tracker. Or, take our quiz on http://www.fitbit.com/compare to see which device meets your needs best.

Please note that we will continue to support the One and, if necessary, provide replacements for devices in warranty.

We do know there are many fans of the One who would like to discuss alternatives and have created this thread for discussion and merged a few posts together. Please keep in mind Community Guidelines when posting. 

At this time, feedback has been shared on the One status and there are no plans to bring this particular tracker back at this time, we will not be able to comment further. 

We apologize for any inconvenience and hope we can continue to provide you with Fitbit trackers you love and help you reach your goals.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1,310 REPLIES 1,310

no thank you I do not want a pendent - I want a clip in my pocket or waist - I continue to be baffled as to WHY Fitbit isn't taking it more seriously that you have a lot of ONE fans - if you want to get rid of a clip take the ZIP off the Market and keep the One.

Sigh so sad

Best Answer
Has anyone had luck with other brands? I've only had a FitBit One (worn it
every single freaking day for 4 years), so I've never tried anything else.
But mine is about to die and I'll need to go elsewhere or get used to not
tracking my life again, it seems. Which is too bad, because I'd like to
just replace it with another One, but I'm not wasting my money on any of
the other Fitbit products that don't work for my lifestyle.
Best Answer

I personally know 10 people I converted to the fit Bit life - they like the writs units I do not but was still signing the fit bit praises.  I will no longer and when and if I find a one replacement - I suppose I will get back on my bandwagon to convert my friends since we do contests weekly and without a one - I won't be able to participate. 

so sad and disappointing since I have read NO supporting REASON for this discontinuation - Again I say discontinue the FLEX instead on our ONE,

Best Answer

AMEN -

I went to eBAY to buy a one just in case mine finally gave up the ghost but my goodness everyone has gotten the message and I can't find one fr less then 200$

If anyone finds a good clip I would be interested and hope they post on here where to go - I too have worm mine for YEARS

Best Answer

UP MOVE by Jawbone looks promising. It tracks steps, food, and sleep, but it lacks an altimeter and silent alarm (which I love on my One). UP MOVE is a disc that you can pop into a clip or a wristband or just slide the disc in your pocket.

It's also really cheap (~$10), and I believe it requires no charging, as the battery is supposed to last 6 months. I guess you buy a new tracker when the battery fails. It has an app for storing data.

I have not tried the UP MOVE tracker (I still have a backup One when my current One dies), but UP MOVE is the only clip tracker that even remotely compares to my beloved One.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I appreciate the honesty from Fitbit on the discontinuation of the One, but there is really nothing that is an acceptable alternative. The Zip doesn't count stair climbing, and I don't want to wear something on my wrist. The One was a great product, it's disappointing to see it being discontinued without a comparable replacement (in form and function) being offered.

Best Answer

I totally agree about the arm movements etc.  I am up at 5am and out in the barn cleaning stalls, carrying many 5 gallon buckets of water and hefting 16 gall tubs into a trolley.  I'm all over the farm up and down steps and yet my new Alta says I have no activity and barely acknowledges my steps.  I do NOT like the Alta, and am so upset about my One breaking and unable to get another one.  It's unbelievable that two trackers can be so different.  

My routine has not changed in decades, and yet this Alta is the pits.  I am still upset over the decision to retire the ONE.  

People who live on farms and are constantly moving about are probably NOT most of the FitBit users who frequent gyms or health clubs.  We work and work hard and yet there doesn't seem like the Alta is tracking this.  

I spent 4 hours today hammering on  silver.  I'm not walking that is true, but the constant hammer work, metal forging and bending do not get tracked.  I can't wear anything on my wrists because I have to wear special gloves with the heat and hammering so I have the Alta in an Alta clip in my pocket.  

I'm sure that the price of the One will keep climbing as people find the others lacking in credibility.

Best Answer

I bought an Alta HR and went out to AMAZON and got a $6 clip for it. Works like a charm! The only thing it doesn't do is count flights of stairs. But my One counted a flight every time I got in and out of my lifted Jeep Wrangler. So I am NOT missing the stairs. They were wrong every day anyway! The magnet is great and it fits in my pocket. I had always worn the One inside the pocket and I do the same with the Alta HR. I believe it even keeps my HR in my pocket! HA! Not sure it's really reliable. I have worn it on my bra (between the girls) and it kept up with the step count just as well as the One in my pocket. I do wear the Alta on my wrist for bed though. So far, it's been as accurate as my One. While I'm upset about the discontinuing of the One, I have found a replacement I can live with. I personally have had great customer service with this company with my One, so I will stick with the brand. I even bought replacement clips for my One from Amazon since it was A LOT cheaper than the clips on the FitBit site! 

Here are pics of my $6 clip for my Alta HR I found on AMAZON.

Best Answer

Reading this thread is very dissapointing.  I love my one but the battery life on my phone and ipad are suddenly being drained and now I know why.  I have even removed the app in the hope of reinstalling it might help, but no, now I cant't find the app in the app store.

I am a cook and my hands are contantly in water so wearing a wrist device does not work for me.  I generally clip my One onto my sock to count my steps.  Tracking my sleep is also important to me.  If the One is no longer available then maybe its time to look at another brand.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I could have written the same post. 

I'm really unhappy and it appears as if my one has bit the dust. 

I don't know what to do.

Best Answer

I know how you feel-I am so sorry.  The only thing I can think of is to find someone in your circle of pals, and see if they are still using theirs.  If they are not, maybe you can make a trade.  Someone on here said try 'let go'.  I'm not in a very metro area, I'm way out in the middle of beyond.  

We can all only hope that FB decides to listen to us and create a FB 2.  I noticed someone looking for one on some rogue site for $33.  It was based in NC.  I emailed them and asked some questions but they never replied.  When I read all the reviews and checked on the phone # it was a scam site with a shopify site.  Bugger.........

Dinah

Best Answer

The Withings Pulse 02 looks like a decent alternative to a One and has a clip and wrist option.  It is only $50 on Amazon.

Best Answer

So I’m not the only one. I deleted the Fitbit app on my iPad and can’t find it so.....I can only sync on my iPhone. I’ve been getting messages to update, heck, no!

Best Answer

Please reconsider the discontinuation of the One product. I want a small device that I can wear clipped to my person (not on my wrist) and will count steps, stairs, sync over Bluetooth and track online. The One is the only device that meets these requirements. I am not interested in the oversized Zip, with limited features. 

I will just use my phone app, till a device comparable to the One is available.

Best Answer

I am very disappointed to find that the fitbit one is discontinued. It was my favorite tracker for some time now..... I can't wear a tracker on my wrist. I knit and the stitches are counted as steps so they aren't accurate. I tried the zip once, I zip-ped it back to the store. I didn't like it. If the one won't be offered anymore and the zip is all i have to choose from, then when my fitbit finally dies, I guess I will have to find another brand or none at all...... disappointing to say the least.....

Best Answer

@Mcwheltle wrote:

So I’m not the only one. I deleted the Fitbit app on my iPad and can’t find it so.....I can only sync on my iPhone. I’ve been getting messages to update, heck, no!

@Mcwheltle Fitbit doesn't make an iPad app, but you can use the iPhone app on your iPad--just change the filter to "Supports: iPhone only" when searching for it.

Owner of 3 dead Zips and 2 dead Ones. Current FItbits: One and Flex 2. iPhone 8, latest ios
Best Answer

I bought my Fitbit One from Fitbit a month ago.  It won't syn to iPhone or iPad.  Now I read you are not selling it!  Why was I not told when I ordered it?!

Young Grandma of 11
Best Answer

You recommend the Zip, but for some strange reason, on sites like REI.com, it shows as no longer being available.  But when I went to the FitBit store just now, I was able to purchase one for $59.95.  I assume this is a sale price to flush out the inventory? 

Not to be as negative as some others, but this makes me wonder about FitBit's plans going forward.  I hope what I'm buying doesn't wind up being unsupported before the warranty runs out.

Best Answer

I am afraid that the information that is One will continue to be supported is false. I am disappointed that the One is no longer supported.  I have enjoyed my Fitbit, but when a firmware update became available, my One no longer syncs with my phone or anything else.  It is basically a pedometer at this point.  I talked in a chat through the Fitbit website and all I got was a code to give me a discount on a new one.  That doesn't help when I want to just use the one I already have and have it sync properly.  

Best Answer
I got my Zip for $35 from Walmart. I was told that they are discontinuing this model as well. 😞

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes