Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Availability and Alternatives

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Though Fitbit One is a popular product, as we introduce new products, we occasionally make changes to our product line to keep you on track with the most up-to-date health and fitness tracking tools.

As a result, we no longer sell the One. We recommend considering the other discreet options we offer- Fitbit Zip, if you prefer a clip-based tracker or Fitbit Flex 2 if you prefer a slim, wrist-based tracker. Or, take our quiz on http://www.fitbit.com/compare to see which device meets your needs best.

Please note that we will continue to support the One and, if necessary, provide replacements for devices in warranty.

We do know there are many fans of the One who would like to discuss alternatives and have created this thread for discussion and merged a few posts together. Please keep in mind Community Guidelines when posting. 

At this time, feedback has been shared on the One status and there are no plans to bring this particular tracker back at this time, we will not be able to comment further. 

We apologize for any inconvenience and hope we can continue to provide you with Fitbit trackers you love and help you reach your goals.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1,310 REPLIES 1,310

Totally agree.  Only solution is to go with a different company. 

Best Answer

@SantiR, disappointing response on the part of Fitbit.  Most of the comments are asking, negging , for an alternative from  Fitbit that is not a wrist model, that gives immediate accurate feedback (not an a bunch of lights signifying close to nothing), counts floors and is discrete so that the world is not aware that the user is monitoring their activity.  The Alta is more expensive, bulkier and really meant to be a wrist-model (yep, it is -- otherwise Fitbit would offer the case!); we are asking for an accurate pocket model (rounded edges!).  We don't want to downgrade and we are happy with the community and the updating.  

Yes, maybe the alternative is outside of the Fitbit world ... Garmin are you monitoring?

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer

I am just speculating that the fitbit one is just too reliable and we just don't keep buying the next/new product from fitbit so they need to discontinue.

The fact that there is no other non-wrist viable alternative is frustrating.  

I have had mine for around years, no issues, solid product, great customer support.  Especially when I had issues with previous models all breaking (the clip was built in).

Needless to say, I just hope I don't lose my fitbit one, but if/when it is lost or dies, I will be moving on.  

Best Answer

Very disappointed.  The perfect product would be a "one" type product that has a screen, that you do not need to wear on your wrist and was waterproof.  

Hopefully you will develop and release one for those of us that do not want to be 'wrist bound".  

Best Answer

I am so saddened by this since I have had a ONE since they came out - why have so many wrist units and not keep this clip for those faithful fans.  I will unfortunately have t o leave the fitbit community when / if my current one dies 😞

Best Answer

I loved the Fitbit One  because it was so discrete  and had all the functionality I wanted. I now have the Zip and it’s OK but it doesn’t do stairs.  I’m not into the wristband varieties at all.  It would be great if fitbit would consider another discrete model including functionality for counting stairs. Wonder if anyone knows if the TechTeam is looking at other discrete options?

Best Answer

Just adding my down vote.  When my current Fitbit One dies I'll be looking for a tracker that:

-Fits in my pocket.  Wrist tracker is NOT an option.

-Counts floors

-Is rechargeable

-Has display

If Fitbit does not have a product that fits these requirements, I'll look elsewhere.  I like Fitbit and would like to stay with them, hopefully they introduce a new product that meets these requirements before I need one.

BTW Fitbit, your responses on here are not helping your cause.  You have no viable alternative, just admit it.

Best Answer

Bring Back the one

Fitbit One Expert, Moto G5
Best Answer

What about replacing it if it was list by accident??  Ts no longer under warranty, but I still would like it replaced.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agreed! Or at least releases a new one (maybe Fitbit Two) to replace it with better features and a low cost, because everyone the wear a one wants to be able to wear it

Best Answer

Please make a new clip

I am a fan of Fitbit from the beggining because of the clips. I used to wear the zip, but after wearing the one, the zip deals old. Anyways, I lost my one (long story that's in another thread) and I'm looking for a new clip.

So Fitbit, I have some suggestions for you: 

- create a new clip, a better one. I don't know, maybe make it waterproof?

- create a second One. Perhaps the Fitbit Two. With better features, longer battery life, and maybe even waterproof. (I really like the idea of it being water proof)

- create official clips for other Fitbit surge. If so, Fitbiters (that's what I want to call it) can choose the features and where they want to wear the device

- create a two in one. For example, a device that is a watch, and a clip! (Steps and stairs on clip, while other things on watch)

Thanks

Best Answer

wow 1230 days, that's unbelievable - not sure how you do it, but I will never have that many consecutive days  

Best Answer
I said I've been a faithful user of my ONE. Hate to leave the community but will have to since I won't wear a wrist unit.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer

I got a Groupon. 9.95 for Jawbone, UP move.  It tracks steps, sleep, activities, time, stop watch, food log, calories burned.  don't know if it does flights of stairs yet. Wear as a clip or watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!  I'll look into that.

Best Answer

Thanks! Today is a Day 1253. This is why, up to now, I love Fitbit. I wear my One clipped to clothes. I don’t forget about it cuz I obsess about making my 10K every day. I made it when we had thirty inches of snow in 24 hours. I had flu like symptoms yet found myself walking around my living room while watching movies until I hit my goal. In all fairness, I have a Saint Bernard, Guinness, who requires a lot of walking. He is my faithful companion, I also know the soundtrack of Hamilton by heart. The most important part is that, once I was fully in the streak, I simply won’t go to bed until my daily goal is met.  I record the streak on www.sparkpeople.com because Fitbit does not offer maintain streaks. I also signed up with a Run the Year 2017in2017.com with the goal of ripunning....or should I say walking 2017 miles this year. I have walked 1810 so far and should hit my goal Christmas week. So, I am motivated by my streak and this can be synced with either Fitbit or Garmin on SparkPeople so, when my One dies, I probably will replace with an Alta but am researching Garmin products as well. I just can’t wear a wrist tracker. 7733E4C6-EF52-4552-A8A3-459C1806D34C.jpeg

Best Answer
I am impressed. keep it up

--
thank you

bob n
Best Answer
0 Votes

Count me among the extremely disappointed to learn about the One model being discontinued. The only other Fitbit models that support steps, altimeter, sleep tracking, LED (readable in the dark), and that wonderful silent alarm are the big, clunky wrist models. I am not interested. I prefer the slim profile of the One, which I can discreetly slip into a pocket or clip to my bra.

Offering the Zip as an alternative is ludicrous. Of the two two clip-on trackers, Fitbit inexplicably chose to carry forward the model that lacks the key features I have loved the last 4 years. I was going to buy my 80 year-old father a One for Christmas. He wears a vintage Cartier tank watch that he inherited from his father, so he would have zero interest in a wrist band or pendant.

I can’t help but wonder if the One model is being discontinued 1) because it is so feature rich and reliable that customers aren’t upgrading to a new model every year and 2) because no one can see it, so no overt brand advertising. Reliability and discretion are the whole point for me.

I am also disappointed with Fitbit’s response. People in this thread are very clear about why we like the One. There are currently NO comparable Fitbit alternatives. Unfortunately, when my One wears out, I’ll have to look at other brands unless Fitbit introduces a Two model, or something comparable to the One.

Best Answer

Completely agree. And love your site name 😊

Best Answer

I have the Flex2 and Charge HR, but the One Is so much better than the wrist tracker. The Zip does not give you FLOORS like the One. Why not get rid of the Zip and give back the One? I live in Oklahoma and wrist trackers are very uncomfortable in the hot humid weather. Maybe you could offer a ankle band for the Charge HR and the other wrist trackers.

Best Answer