Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Availability and Alternatives

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Though Fitbit One is a popular product, as we introduce new products, we occasionally make changes to our product line to keep you on track with the most up-to-date health and fitness tracking tools.

As a result, we no longer sell the One. We recommend considering the other discreet options we offer- Fitbit Zip, if you prefer a clip-based tracker or Fitbit Flex 2 if you prefer a slim, wrist-based tracker. Or, take our quiz on http://www.fitbit.com/compare to see which device meets your needs best.

Please note that we will continue to support the One and, if necessary, provide replacements for devices in warranty.

We do know there are many fans of the One who would like to discuss alternatives and have created this thread for discussion and merged a few posts together. Please keep in mind Community Guidelines when posting. 

At this time, feedback has been shared on the One status and there are no plans to bring this particular tracker back at this time, we will not be able to comment further. 

We apologize for any inconvenience and hope we can continue to provide you with Fitbit trackers you love and help you reach your goals.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1,310 REPLIES 1,310

At this point, I’m so disgusted with the attitude from Fitbit toward long-time users of the One and it’s earlier products that I will be abandoning the company when my One dies. They are clearly out of sync with their base and indignant about our real needs. Good luck, Fitbit. 

Best Answer

@SantiR @KateFitbit  Is there any news at all you can share with us about whether FItbit is considering a replacement for the One? There are so many frustrated users who feel as if Fitbit is completely abandoning them. If you could in any way indicate that Fitbit has heard our concerns and will at least consider a new non-wrist tracker, it would go a long way to alleviate the frustration and anger that are being expressed here.

Owner of 3 dead Zips and 2 dead Ones. Current FItbits: One and Flex 2. iPhone 8, latest ios
Best Answer

Wearing a pendant is not acceptable while running. Also, I wear suits to work and often pendant style jewelry does not work with my blouse or sweater. Plus, I have jewelry that I wear. I want a tracker that can be hidden so I can wear my own accessories/watches/necklaces. 

Best Answer

Just lost my second fitbit One, which i loved (both times, my fault).  went to buy another one, only to discover it has been discontinued.  why?!?!!?  the other fitbits don't provide what One had - clip-on with a stair counter (live in the city and taking the stairs is easy to do).  went to my fitbit Charge as a back-up (didn't like wearing it on the wrist, which is why it was a back-up only), while i search for another manufacturer in the same space. Wrong move, fitbit.  going to lose a customer after 3 fitbits and 4 years, who convinced friends, colleagues and family to buy fitbits as well.  

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer

As with everyone else who has posted I can not express enough my disappointment in the decision to discontinue the One.  I bought my One 4 years ago when I was diagnosed as pre diabetic.  My One was a major factor in my 96 lb weight loss.  The main reason, it was always with me, from dress up occasions, to my job at a Living History site, to my everyday workout.  As I lost weight, people began to comment and I attributed it mostly to my One making me more conscious.  As a result, I was and still am, pulling it out and showing people how discreet it is and what it can do.  I know of at least 10 people who bought Ones on my recommendation.  The Zip doesn't cut it: no steps, no sleep, no thanks.  A wrist band is not an option for me, metal allergies, not allowed in my Living History work, wearing different jewelry. 

As everyone says I will be looking elsewhere.  I have been looking elsewhere.  There's not much out there that fits the One's capabilities .  If Fitbit would reconsider they are filling a much needed gap in the market. Please reconsider this decision.

Best Answer

I purchased an Alta HR and then bought this clip from Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GNLOWLW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have used the clip with my Alta for a week now and it is just like my One! I will wear it as a watch for the sleep recording. And I think it still monitors my heart rate from my pocket! The Alta doesn't record stairs though and that's not a deal breaker for me. My One miscounts stairs a lot. 
I personally have not had a bad experience with customer service. Actually, they have helped me pretty well considering that one update was awful. So, I am sticking around!

Best Answer
I don’t swim, I climb and monitor my sleep occasionally plus count steps. Sometimes change is good but not in this case for me.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@StaceyB93 wrote:

I have used the clip with my Alta for a week now and it is just like my One! I will wear it as a watch for the sleep recording. And I think it still monitors my heart rate from my pocket! The Alta doesn't record stairs though and that's not a deal breaker for me. My One miscounts stairs a lot. 

This is good to know! If anyone is thinking of buying an Alta, be sure to check the Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals, especially at the stores that offer cash back in addition to substantial discounts.
Owner of 3 dead Zips and 2 dead Ones. Current FItbits: One and Flex 2. iPhone 8, latest ios
Best Answer

What can be determined from this thread is that what we want is:

* discreet clip-on/pocket tracker

* not worn on the wrist or in jewellery

* stairs tracking

* sleep tracking

* activity tracking

* rechargeable battery with good battery life

The One is quite literally the ONLY product that did all of this. None of your other models even come close. The Zip is laughable so I won't even go there. Your lower-end wrist models (Alta, Flex 2) could potentially be a viable alternative if taken off the wristband, but they don't count flights of stairs. To me, and many others, this is hugely important as your energy expenditure is hugely impacted by elevation, which I'm certain that you know. The other trackers are too expensive, big and clunky. I am not a fitness fanatic, nor do I play hundreds of sports that would benefit from auto-detection. I'm just a woman who walks and hikes who wants to track her progress accurately and discreetly.

It seems bizarre that when there is a whole marketplace bursting with wrist-trackers with very little to choose between them, you got rid of the one product (pun intended) that truly offered something different. You could have marketed the heck out of it to make up for its invisibility, but you didn't. Please, get rid of the old-fashioned and featureless Zip and either bring back the One or design a Two. You have a loyal fanbase here who have full intentions of being customers for as long as you can offer what we need. Once you stop, though, our money will go elsewhere.

Best Answer

Hey everyone,

You might try the app LetGo. I found a Fitbit One for sale and she had never used it. I am buying it tonight so I can have a backup in case FitBit doesn't redesign a new wearable tracker. Just thought I would mention it in case you can find one for a reasonable price in your area. 

ACE, CPT
Best Answer

I cannot believe you have discontinued the best product you offer.  The Zip is worthless. Since it's not backlit, it's impossible to read, plus it's clunky in a pocket.  Everyone I know who has a wristband device has had trouble either with the device itself -- battery doesn't last very long -- or the bands break easily.  I bragged on my One -- it fits easily in a pocket or clips onto a waistband -- and it always works. Plus it tracks sleep. Plus, I'm not stuck wearing an ugly, cheap-looking plastic wristband.  Fitbit should have "streamlined" their offerings by getting rid of the Zip, not the One.  I am soooooo disappointed. When my One dies, I guess I'll be looking for another company's device. 

Best Answer

No, the Flex2 is not a good alternative to the One.  In fact, it's no alternative at all.  Great, I can swim with it.  I don't swim.  I do, however, climb lots and lots of steps.  I like being able to track that. And who would wear a pendant when you're working out?  Talk about getting in the way!  And a wristband model -- let's see, when I'm lifting weights, it's counting steps.  When I'm pushing a shopping cart around the grocery store, it's not counting steps.  I do not understand why you would take the best product you have and think it can be swapped out with the lousy, battery-draining, clunky, hard-to-read Zip or the inadequate Flex 2?  Where's the business sense in that decision?  When all my friends complained about their wristband trackers, I always told them to get a One -- they would not be disappointed.  The ones who did were very happy with their choice.  Now we have no choice at all.  BRING BACK THE ONE!

Best Answer

I made a Fitbit Community account just so I could add my voice to others disappointed in Fitbit's decision to discontinue the One. I've bought multiples Ones, an Aria scale and multiple wearables/watches from Fitbit for family and friends over the years as gifts, and was actually looking to purchase a One for my husband today when I discovered they had been discontinued.

Since I have a One and the scale that syncs, I would hate to purchase a non-Fitbit item, but with the options being a wearable/watch (not an option, in my opinion. I tried the Charge HR and had two break within a year of owning them and I don't like wearing them) or the Zip (an inferior product for all of the reasons mentioned in earlier replies), but Fitbit has sort of forced my hand in this, and I suppose I will need to start shopping their competitors for a One equivalent product and recommending to others to also do the same. If anyone has any suggestions of a competing product that is similar to a One, I would be very interested in learning about it, as I still want to get a tracker for my husband's gift.

Fitbit, if your goal was to lose a customer base for a great product and encourage them to shop your competitors instead, then mission accomplished. Congrats?

Best Answer

I am disappointed in the discontinuance of the One.  I posted a couple of weeks ago in this thread.  Today I was surprised to find that Amazon had a new One through a third-party seller for about $130.  I grabbed it because I really don't want to give up my One.  The next price was $199.  E-Bay also has them for close to $200.  

I'll stay with the One until they all die.  I've got three.  My original, which lost its button and now has tape holding the button in place, still works.  I charge it every couple of months and do a hard reset to keep the software up-to-date. My current One which I got when my original lost its button has been fine for the last year and a half, and the third One which will be arriving later this week.  (The third One is not my preferred color, but it IS my preferred tracker.)

I've had the Ultra, the Flex,  the Aria Scale, the Ones and the Alta.  I use the One.  I'm keeping the Alta without its wrist band as the most viable alternative to the One.  All the others have been given away; including the scale.  I also purchased and sold the stock; I took a 70% loss on that but I think that reflects the public opinion of the company.  It surely reflects my opinion of their decision to discontinue my product. 

Best Answer

@niffler  Great summation!     This is exactly what I think!  The One was the perfect tracker for those of us who walk and hike and rely upon the altimeter!  Maybe it isn't for the sports minded fitness buffs, but there are many of us who actually want what the One offered and were willing to buy it multiple times.

I truly think this was a huge marketing whiff on the  part of Fitbit.  There are major competitors to the Zip in the Jawbone Up Move and a dozen other cheaper pedometers.  The Flex 2 has major competition in the Misfit Shine - which is also waterproof, but doesn't offer a read-out either.  Dumping the Zip would have been a better move, since the Flex 2 would have been the solo base level fitness tracker.  It would have had its place in the market as the waterproof/ swim option, combined with the access to the Fitbit community, would have sold it.

In a sea of fitness trackers, the One stood alone and if Fitbit saw sales were slacking off, they could have brushed it up, and marketed it for the truly stand out combination of stand out features it offered.  The altimeter could have been the biggest selling point!  If they created an Alta that counted flights of stairs and had a Fitbit created clip option, they would basically have the One again....

I will admit, I never read the original reviews of the One when it was first released, until the past two weeks.  I kind of wanted to bop some reviewers in the head for saying it was boring, and I almost wrote to a reviewer for suggesting that it would be easier to lose--hello, I have worn a One for 23 hours a day/7 days a week for 4 years...without losing it once and in the original Fitbit clip.  Show me the owner of a wristband Fitbit who can say the same, I would be surprised.  I really, really, really hope that someone is sharing this thread with those in product development.  

Best Answer

Hello all! Thanks for your feedback regarding this, we do take your feedback seriously. Whenever an update regarding this is released, we will be posting it here. 

Right now, the only official news I'm able to find are the ones on this post@janel

I understand most of you have already seen that. However, those are the only news as of now!

I've seen some users posting some alternative solutions on this thread that seem fine! 

Thanks again for your feedback.

See you around! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

so sad to hear that the `one has been discontinued. " Which" show it as one to the most accurate regarding steps.  I loved the fact that "one" didn't require replacement batteries but could be charged (Zip - A friend has one and thinks the battery life is rubbish).  The One can be worn discretely which allows me to wear my watch. 

Best Answer

@SantiR wrote:

I've seen some users posting some alternative solutions on this thread that seem fine! 

@SantiR what alternative solutions have you seen that look fine?

Get a Zip? No floors, non-rechargeable battery, no sleep/exercise.

Get a clip for the Alta? No floors, bulkier, more expensive.

Wear the Flex 2 in a pendant or put in pocket? No floors, no external screen, expensive accessories.

I'd have to fork out for at least the Charge in order to get the same functionality as the One, whilst paying 3x the price because of all the additional functionality that I just don't want or need, without the option to wear off the wrist which is one of the main reasons I got the One in the first place.

I'm not being difficult, I would genuinely love to hear about a genuine alternative to the One but as far as I can tell, fitbit have nothing to offer.

Best Answer

Additionally, that’s a pretty snippy response, Fitbit. 

Best Answer
Actually, the only viable alternatives involve getting a tracker other than
a Fitbit.....which isn't what you intended, I think. But I fear that's
where this business is going to end up--with other companies. 😞

--
*Diane K. Deacon*
Best Answer