Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Availability and Alternatives

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Though Fitbit One is a popular product, as we introduce new products, we occasionally make changes to our product line to keep you on track with the most up-to-date health and fitness tracking tools.

As a result, we no longer sell the One. We recommend considering the other discreet options we offer- Fitbit Zip, if you prefer a clip-based tracker or Fitbit Flex 2 if you prefer a slim, wrist-based tracker. Or, take our quiz on http://www.fitbit.com/compare to see which device meets your needs best.

Please note that we will continue to support the One and, if necessary, provide replacements for devices in warranty.

We do know there are many fans of the One who would like to discuss alternatives and have created this thread for discussion and merged a few posts together. Please keep in mind Community Guidelines when posting. 

At this time, feedback has been shared on the One status and there are no plans to bring this particular tracker back at this time, we will not be able to comment further. 

We apologize for any inconvenience and hope we can continue to provide you with Fitbit trackers you love and help you reach your goals.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1,310 REPLIES 1,310

Hmmm...I agree. The Flex bothers me because you can't read the number of steps. It reminds me of the iPod shuffle- which I never liked the idea of. I like seeing the number or steps or music for that matter on a screen. 🙂

Maybe Fitbit will reconsider. I too ,like many of the women have posted, wear fine jewelry so hence I don't wear my Blaze all the time but my Fitbit One is worn 80% of the time at work because I put it on my bra or on my waistband.

I do love my Blaze but my Fitbit One is my favorite HANDS DOWN. And it even survived getting left in a parking lot which the Blaze would not have survived. 

Please Fitbit, please come up with a Fitbit Two or the next generation of it.  People will purchase it. I need an upgrade anyway.  😉

ACE, CPT
Best Answer

@SantiR wrote:

Hello everyone! Thanks for your feedback. I know that the Fitbit One is loved. I will miss it too. 

I understand that the Zip tracker alternative may not fulfill your needs. I was thinking in what other options could work in this case and the Flex 2 came to my mind. There is a pendant accessory for that tracker, so you don't need to wear it on your wrist. Ir doesn't track floors, but you can swim with it. Check its features here. Also, Flex 2 is one of the new generation of Fitbit trackers. 

Would you consider getting a Flex 2? 

See you around! 

No, I wouldn't ever consider getting the Flex 2. I don't want to I wear it on my wrist or as a necklace. Most importantly, it doesn't track stairs and has no display.

If you want to get rid of a product, get rid of the Zip. Bring back the One. 

Best Answer

SantiFitbit, I appreciate that you're listening to your customers and hope that the Fitbit company will realize how important the One is to us. No, neither the Flex  nor any of the other trackers will work for us. We don't want something on our wrists or dangling from our necks. We want all the features we had/ have in the One. Please bring it back!

Best Answer

An original ULTRA user here.  Been using a clipped tracker since Jan 19, 2012.  When my One dies, and the battery already is, it'll be the end for me and Fitbit - since you don't offer a product that suits my needs.

I also won't be recommending any Fitbit device.

Bring back the One.

Bring back an all-in-one device (steps, altitude, sleep, alarms) that does not require a wristband or pendant, or something.  I wear a much more expensive watch - I don't need a cheap plastic device around my wrist during my waking hours, nor want it there.  You can't wear jewelry in many jobs.

Best Answer
I would absolutely NOT consider getting a Flex 2. It has no display and
again, doesn't have the same features as the One. Everyone on this thread
has done their research on your products and does not find any viable
substitution for the One.

As for the pendant -- you are the second FitBit employee to recommend this
to me. The best part of having a clip is that you can wear it and people
can't see it. I wear one necklace of sentimental value and that's it. When
I get dressed up to go somewhere fancy, I want to wear one of my "nice"
pieces of "real" jewelry (actual gold and real jewels), not some piece of
plastic. I'm also not sure how you would get anywhere close to an accurate
step count with something around your neck. Also, sometimes people can't
wear jewelry, but they can wear a clip. I could wear my FitBit One while I
was IN a wedding even though the bride picked out jewelry for the
bridesmaids to wear because no one cared what was clipped to my underpants.
Many people also can't wear dangly jewelry at work (I can't), and I don't
know many dudes who want to wear necklaces.

I wonder if FitBit thinks they will sell more FitBits if they're visible --
but after I got my One, 9 people in my family bought one too because I
thought it was so cool and couldn't stop talking about it and showing
people. Make a good product and it will sell itself. It seems that FitBit
will lose a major customer base, many of whom were some of the original
FitBit customers, by discontinuing the One.
Best Answer

So disappointed - longtime One lover for all the same reasons others have stated -- I am not going to wear a pendant or anything on my wrist, and I loved being able to tuck the One into a pocket. Stairs are a major motivation for me so I really liked that option was willing to pay more for it. I'm treating my One (which is almost 3 years ago) very gingerly now because when it dies, I'm done if there's no other tiny, unseen, stair-tracker available. Whyyyyyy Fitbit, why?

Best Answer

I believe it is a marketing mistake to discontinue the One.  Too many people want a tracker that is NOT on their wrists, and one which does more than track steps.  You simply have no alternative to the One.  A customer will have to buy a tracker from another company.  Luckily, I have an extra One which I will use and hopefully, Fitbit will see the light and offer the One for sale again.

Best Answer

As a choral director (yes, computer geek AND choral director) a wrist tracker does not work for me. I have tried wrist trackers, and on days when I have choir rehearsal, I get a LOT of extra steps from waving my arms. Not acceptable. The zip doesn't track sleep (that I'm aware of). The One fits my needs.

I have noticed that Fitbit thinks that people only want wrist trackers or headphones. Bring back the One or something similar that goes in the pocket and can track sleep, and I'll stay with FitBit. Otherwise, when my One completely gives up the ghost, I'll be moving to something else. The jawbone Up Move can be worn on wrist or clipped on and tracks sleep. Looks a lot like the Zip. Non-rechargeable battery like the Zip, but tracks sleep, unlike the Zip. Hope my One keeps working for a long time. 

Best Answer

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Don't discontinue the One! Some of us LOVE it and don't want something on our wrist! 

Best Answer

Have you upgraded your Fitbit One to version 64?  I just did that, and my One battery life improved significantly (I, too, thought it was on its last breath).  

Best Answer

How does one do that?

Best Answer
Woohoo!! I just updated mine, too. I thought it was on its last leg as
well, since it's 5 years old! Hopefully it will now last much longer, or at
least until we convince FitBit to sell them again!
Best Answer
They are sending out the updates in waves to customers. I just got mine last night. It showed up when I synced with my phone.

Bill Cubbage
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
@SunsetRunner did you upgrade successfully?! Lucky you as there are many reports from people loosing the possibility to sync after they upgraded! Did you upgrade from the app in IOS11 or by other means?

I am myself completely scared at the idea to upgrade . At the end my sleep quality is now nearly decreasing due to this ;p...
Best Answer
I did it last night and so far it seems to be working fine.

Bill Cubbage
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@phv I am running iOS 11.1, and yes, I upgraded my One after the Fitbit app notified me.  I just placed my One next to my phone, and let it upgrade.  It takes 5-10 minutes.  I've had no issues, and the battery performance seems much better. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

When you open your Fitbit App, it will tell you that an upgrade is available.  They are sending out the updates in waves - if you haven't seen it yet, you should soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What a  shame  that  you have  no loyalty  to the  customers  that  Love the  Fitbit  One ...  There  is  no  adequate  replacement  -  The  ZIP  is  crap   &  II  along  with many others   don't  want  a  wrist  band  product...  Sorry to  say  when  my One  Goes     so  will  I...  very bad decision  on your  part

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer

The One is the only fitbit I would use. It does exactly what I need and is discreet in my pocket. I depend on it to motivate me to be active and get good levels of stair climbing. It tracks my sleep and I like to look back at patterns of sleep. Please seriously consider a product that does what so many people depend on.

@SantiR wrote:

Hello everyone! Thanks for your feedback. I know that the Fitbit One is loved. I will miss it too. 

I understand that the Zip tracker alternative may not fulfill your needs. I was thinking in what other options could work in this case and the Flex 2 came to my mind. There is a pendant accessory for that tracker, so you don't need to wear it on your wrist. Ir doesn't track floors, but you can swim with it. Check its features here. Also, Flex 2 is one of the new generation of Fitbit trackers. 

Would you consider getting a Flex 2? 

See you around! 

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
No, I would not consider that a viable alternative--not in the least. The
pendant is expensive and no one wants something flopping around their necks
when they run/walk. Also, tracking floors is important to many people.

At the moment, I'm looking around for a tracker that will do what the One
did--and if Fitbit doesn't have a comparable alternative, another company
will get my money.

--
*Diane K. Deacon*
Best Answer