Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Availability and Alternatives

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Though Fitbit One is a popular product, as we introduce new products, we occasionally make changes to our product line to keep you on track with the most up-to-date health and fitness tracking tools.

As a result, we no longer sell the One. We recommend considering the other discreet options we offer- Fitbit Zip, if you prefer a clip-based tracker or Fitbit Flex 2 if you prefer a slim, wrist-based tracker. Or, take our quiz on http://www.fitbit.com/compare to see which device meets your needs best.

Please note that we will continue to support the One and, if necessary, provide replacements for devices in warranty.

We do know there are many fans of the One who would like to discuss alternatives and have created this thread for discussion and merged a few posts together. Please keep in mind Community Guidelines when posting. 

At this time, feedback has been shared on the One status and there are no plans to bring this particular tracker back at this time, we will not be able to comment further. 

We apologize for any inconvenience and hope we can continue to provide you with Fitbit trackers you love and help you reach your goals.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1,310 REPLIES 1,310

Thanks for the update. I am considering this option too. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Zip doesn't count stairs and the battery constantly dies, so that is not an acceptable replacement for a One.  Also, if you are wearing something on your wrist, that is not discreet, so I'm not sure why you would recommend one as an alternative.  Please bring the One back or introduce something comparable.

Best Answer

@katfam They don't have another clip on in their current product line unless you get that dumb Zip. SO, most of us are looking at 3rd party clips for the other products. I have an Alta HR with a 3rd party clip that has been working great. The clips are on Amazon if you do a search for them and which FitBit you have. I think they have them for both the Flex and Alta products. But not the others as they are all watches. I like the FitBits and I have had great customer service, even with my problems with that last iOS update that screwed up my One. Customer service tried to work with my problems and they contacted me several times to try new things or retry things to get my fitbit working correctly. My only gripe is with the discontinuing of the One and that crappy iOS update. II bit the bullet so to say and just got an Alta HR. I didn't need the stairs since it would count flights when I didn't do any stairs at all. So, that's a non-issue for me. I am willing to buy a $6 clip via a 3rd party, and it worked out nicely. 

Best Answer

Thanks for the info!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The stair count is very important to me as is having a discreet tracker.  When my One dies, I'll give up on trackers or look elsewhere.  I've recommended Fitbits to so many people and manage an online Fitbit community, but they've lost me.

Best Answer

I've got to add my voice here.  I've been with FitBit since 6/2012.  I was an Ultra user and migrated to the One because I don't want to tell the world I'm tracking my steps.  I wear fine jewelry when I wear jewels.  Notice, I say, jewels, not plastic watches.  I love my tiny tracker and I love just sticking it in my pocket or bra where nobody but me knows its there.  So, now, after achieving all the stair badges and the top distance badge, but not the highest daily goals, with the same device I can't play with my friends anymore.  I was even so impressed with FitBit that I bought stock in the company!  (And that is an entirely different story, but showing that the company is struggling.)  Love the community but hate the current product line ... I'm a small woman and those big ol' watches would look absolutely silly on me even if I deigned to don one of them.  I actually have an Alta, but I really don't like it even off the band.  Its fatter and heavier than the One and seems to need to be charged more often.  I've never seen a company drop so quickly from smiling happy customers to sad, teary-eyed ex-customers.   

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer

Exactly.  I also have tiny wrists, so these clunky trackers would not work for me.  I dress up for work and for going out and there is no way I'm ruining my outfit with a hideous tracker. 

Best Answer

I am looking for a new "Fitbit One" and I am disappointed that the company is not offering it on their website anymore.  I found a couple of sellers online but they have more than doubled the price. I was told by Fitbit customer service that even though the Fitbit One is popular the company wants to further improve their product.  I get that, but the engineers & execs should realize that some things don't always need improving when they already do the job they are intended to do.  It's been suggested I look at some of the newer options but all the other options offered are worn on the wrist which I cannot stand the feeling of.  The only other clip-on is the "Zip" which is inferior (battery operated) and lacking the options I like on my "One" (especially sleep tracking and the silent alarm).  Its fine to have new products but continue to keep the ones that are proven to be popular also.  I hope the company brings the Fitbit One back so that it's readily available (and affordable).

Best Answer

Since it looks like people from FitBit actually read these forums let me add my extreme dis-pleasere that the One has been discontinued.  I've been a FitBit user for years first with the Zip (which despite what was said in the first post of this thread IS NOT a functional alternative to the One {battery not rechargable, no sleep tracking, no stair tracking}) and currently the One.  I have been using the One for several years now.  When I decided to upgrade from the Zip I tried a wrist tracker.  I'm a walker, not a runner, and the wrist based tracker wasn't accurate.  On my first walk with it it was almost a quarter mile short out of 2 miles.  I replaced it with a One and I have loved it.  When I unfortunately lost my One and needed to replace it I tried another, newer version of a wrist tracker.  Same result, got my current One and haven't looked back.  Bottom line I want a fully functional clip on tracker, not a wrist tracker.  FitBit this was a terrible decision.  I really hope that before I need to replace this Zip the powers that be at FitBit will re-think this decision.

Best Answer

@Bill_Cubbage@KateFitbit@DMF_wa

SAME!!!  Oh my gosh- how can we talk with the "powers that be" that there is a customer base that LOVED the ONE and there is a place in the crowded wearables market for the One and all of its functionality and size and shape- and this customer base is not interested in a wrist tracker.  Some people can't wear wrist devices due to allergies, work rules, safety or just because wearing something on the wrist is annoying in daily activity.  Others just do not want to announce "look, I'm counting my steps" because there is a cohort of people who still want to be privately working on their health in this age where everyone "overshares", and the One was a perfect discreet option. 

I just learned on another thread that when you don't move your arms walking, like when you are pushing a shopping cart, carrying a load of laundry or holding a leash, a wrist tracker may not count your steps - this is 75% of my daily activity. Reading a thread from 2016, when the new Flex 2 came out, there were lot's of requests for a clip made and sold by Fitbit for the Flex 2, but Fitbit did not make that happen - the Flex 2 shopper's rationale for a Fitbit clip over a third party clip was the feeling that a Fitbit product would be superior in quality and security over a third party option.  The Flex 2 in inferior to the One, in terms of a full display and a lack of altimeter, but it is waterproof and able to be used in the pool.  I would prefer to keep the One, but I would be intrigued by a Flex 2 clip option, if that were our only option.  

I'm holding out a weak hope, that the "powers that be" re-think this decision and chooses to re-market the One as the perfect tracker that it actually is!

Best Answer

This sucks. Consider an original user gone.

Best Answer

Well, crap! I am glad you posted this. I had no idea that the Zip wouldn't count stairs. Boo!

I have been a daily Fitbit One wearer since its birth since 2010. I adore it. I do have a Blaze but I do not wear it every day. I prefer a clip on. And I agree. Even with the Blaze, my step count seems a lot lower when I wear it at work compared to my One.

I am so disappointed Fitbit has retired the One. I can tell my One is on its last leg. Not sure how much longer it will last. I am surprised Fitbit didn't release an updated Fitbit clip device before retiring the One. Really a huge disappointment. Please make a newer clip on device, Fitbit. Please! It seems after seeing this thread, the One has a huge following. 

ACE, CPT
Best Answer

Please start selling the One again.  Right now the only option for people who dislike wristbands or who cannot use them is the Zip, which has limited features and seems to run through batteries constantly.  

Best Answer

I am very sad the one has been discontinued. It is perfect for me!!!!  Please reconsider!!!

Best Answer

I fully agree -- bring back the One!   The Zip is an inferior product that does not do as much as the One. It is also not as sleek, making it cumbersome to wear under dresses etc. I am not interested in a device I have to wear on my wrist -- I wear a dress watch and brackets at times.  The wrist devices interfere with that. And please don't reply with there are dressy bands.  They are not dressy enough, and I have yet to see one I like. They look like they are trying to dress up a FitBit.  

Best Answer

I vote to bring back the ONE!  Please.

Best Answer

Hello everyone! Thanks for your feedback. I know that the Fitbit One is loved. I will miss it too. 

I understand that the Zip tracker alternative may not fulfill your needs. I was thinking in what other options could work in this case and the Flex 2 came to my mind. There is a pendant accessory for that tracker, so you don't need to wear it on your wrist. Ir doesn't track floors, but you can swim with it. Check its features here. Also, Flex 2 is one of the new generation of Fitbit trackers. 

Would you consider getting a Flex 2? 

See you around! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SantiR I actually have a Flex2, and it doesn't in any way compare to the One. I hate not being able to see the number of steps on the tracker. I hate wearing something on my wrist. And it is not even close to being as accurate as the One. I find it to be far inferior to the One, and I can't believe you're trying to convince us that it is an adequate replacement.

Edit: And not only is your pendant hideously expensive, but I can't imagine actually wearing a pendant like that while working out. I've already had to buy a third-party band because the band that came with it kept coming loose in the middle of the night when I wore it to track sleep. I got it for water aerobics and to have a backup when I was having to charge my One every day, but MobileTrack is far more accurate than the Flex 2 as a backup, and again, not being able to see the step count except on my phone is a deal breaker for me. Not to mention that it doesn't count stairs.

Owner of 3 dead Zips and 2 dead Ones. Current FItbits: One and Flex 2. iPhone 8, latest ios
Best Answer

No, I wouldn't consider a Flex. It doesn't track stairs.  I'm not sure how much more direct we can be, but we want a DISCREET tracker.   A pendant is not discreet.  A wristband is not discreet.  Also, that pendant is hideous.  Why would I wear a hideous pendant or wristband instead of my fine jewelry?  I also don't need a pendant smacking me in the head when I'm in down dog.  I mean it sounds like you've just written us off as customers for whatever reason.  This is a luxury item.  We can take our money elsewhere.

Best Answer

Neither of these are viable options for  me. A pendant will not give an accurate reading, IMHO. The One was the best wearable device, again IMHO...just so disappointed that it has been discontinued and not sure we will ever understand this business decision. Maybe there is a new One type device that will be even better! Waterproof? One can hope...pun intended! 

Best Answer