Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Availability and Alternatives

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Though Fitbit One is a popular product, as we introduce new products, we occasionally make changes to our product line to keep you on track with the most up-to-date health and fitness tracking tools.

As a result, we no longer sell the One. We recommend considering the other discreet options we offer- Fitbit Zip, if you prefer a clip-based tracker or Fitbit Flex 2 if you prefer a slim, wrist-based tracker. Or, take our quiz on http://www.fitbit.com/compare to see which device meets your needs best.

Please note that we will continue to support the One and, if necessary, provide replacements for devices in warranty.

We do know there are many fans of the One who would like to discuss alternatives and have created this thread for discussion and merged a few posts together. Please keep in mind Community Guidelines when posting. 

At this time, feedback has been shared on the One status and there are no plans to bring this particular tracker back at this time, we will not be able to comment further. 

We apologize for any inconvenience and hope we can continue to provide you with Fitbit trackers you love and help you reach your goals.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1,310 REPLIES 1,310

An improved would be great. Sur hope Fitbit comes out with such before mine dues

Best Answer

I’m hoping that since One is no longer available that the Zip will be enhanced or One will be brought back instead of the Zip. I don’t want a device on my wrist & am concerned about the time when my One no longer charges. I don’t like the Zip or the wrist worn devices. 

Best Answer

Actually, it appears you do not continue to support the Fitbit One. I needed to reinstall the Connect app for mac OS and it will no longer connect to the One. In fact, the One is no longer listed as a device that can be connected to. So, you didn't just discontinue the best product you have ever made, you purged support for it.

I am very disappointed in your lousy business practices and your insulting disregard for customers.

Both my One and Aria scale are still working and will continue to use them until they fail or something compels me to replace them. But, to be sure, I will not be buying another Fitbit product and will strongly recommend to anybody who asks they not become a customer of a company who treats their paying customers so horribly.

I am working hard to be proper and respectful in the post, but you can be assured that the words I am mumbling as I type this better represent how I feel about Fitbit. And still, that is probably more respectful than you act towards us. Only gross depravity could free you from debilitating shame for the way you inflict business on your customers.

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer

Horribly disappointed to find out that the Fitbit One has been discontinued.

I've had my One since Aug 2013, and the battery has finally got to the point where it only lasts a day or two before running out of charge. No problem I thought, I'll just get a new one ... oh there don't seem to be any anywhere ... why not? ... Its discontinued?!?!?!?!

For me the One is perfect, clipped to my trousers I never need to think about it. Often when I'm walking my arm isn't swinging that much so I fail to see how an arm based tracker would work well for me. Plus I really don't like wearing something on my arm (ankle maybe). The Zip isn't an appealing alternative.

That leaves me either getting annoyed that my One is constantly needing charging, or trying to find a trustworthy ebay seller 😞

(below bit is from my sig)

Fitbit One User, they'll only take that away when I die!
Best Answer

"only gross depravity" pretty much sums it up for me as well.  Great post!

Best Answer

While I wd probably buy an improved classic/ultra/one that's not necessary to me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@goinkle wrote:

Actually, it appears you do NOT continue to support the FitBit One. I needed to reinstall the Connect app for macOS and it will no longer connect to the One. In fact, the One is no longer listed as a device that can be connected to. So, you didn't just discontinue the best product you have ever made, you purged support for it.

I am very disappointed in your lousy business practices and your insulting disregard for customers.

Both my One and Aria scale are still working and will continue to use them until they fail or something compels me to replace them. But, to be sure, I will not be buying another FitBit product and will strongly recommend to anybody who asks they not become a customer of a company who treats their paying customers so horribly.

I am working hard to be proper and respectful in the post, but you can be assured that the words I am mumbling as I type this better represent how I feel about FitBit. And still, that is probably more respectful than you act towards us. Only gross depravity could free you from debilitating shame for the way you inflict business on your customers.

Well said

Best Answer

Bad call to do away with the Fitbit One. The zip doesn't even compare and I don't like to be enslaved with a wristband. I want a "discreet" wearing option with a rechargeable battery and more than just the tracking basics. When my One dies I'll be looking elsewhere. 

Best Answer

I am really disappointed to see the one no longer offered.  I have resorted to buying my fitbit on ebay and paying a ridiculous amount of money for a used one.  The current fitbit models don't fit my needs.  I have no interest in a slim or large watch to track my steps -- nor do the watch bands appear to be large enough.  And the new clip version is large and not terribly discreet.  I am a using my fitbit one for step tracking only and don't care to broadcast the fact that I have one or am wearing one. I have to imagine there are others out there like me who is looking for a discreet fitness tracker that is swim/water resistant/proof.  

Best Answer

I see Fitbit is following the business practices of many other companies.  No regard for loyal customers or God forbid, devices that are older.  Their aim is to sell the "newest and greatest" devices and too bad if you happen to like one that is "old".  Sounds very familiar like cable companies!

The philosophy of being forced to throw out items because they are not supported or available is reprehensible.  Maybe SpaceX will start transporting our garbage.

Best Answer

I saw some posts from a few others about the Alta, and how there are third-party clips for it, and decided to give that a try.  

So far, I'm pretty pleased.  It's not a perfect alternative to the One, but it's not bad.

It comes as a tracker on a wristband, true.  But, it's easy to remove the band (which won't go to waste - I'll use it for night time), and there's a number of choices for a clip.  I'm trying a magnetic one, brand name Henoda.  So far, I'm not terribly pleased.  While the magnet appears to be strong, I actually almost lost my new Alta when I clipped it in the pocket of some sweatpants (thick material), and went for a run.  Maybe it'll just take some getting used to, but I'd rather not be taking chances with a $100 gadget.  

While I'm still not happy with Fitbit as a company, and I'm still not happy about the One being discontinued, I still like their product and their app.  We'll see how it goes. 

Best Answer

Just bought an Alta today. Not overly impressed w/it. All the features they pump up to get you to buy must be turned off if you're having battery life issues. I've turned off all of them. We'll see what my battery looks like in the am.

Also, for those that care (mostly ladies that clip their One in their bra like me), check etsy for handmade cloth bra bands. 

Best Answer

I have the Alta hr and I use it in my wrist but most of my family has or had the fitbit one. I decided to give one of the clips sold on Amazon and it was ok. I did think I would go through the clips quickly taking it in and out to charge. The clip I got was more towards the one style clip rather then the magnetic. I was afraid of it losing the magnetic due to clothing since,I was thinking of where my husband would wear it. Right now my husband doesn't have his one anymore it is lost. We are waiting to see what happens on if they bring back a newer version of it since tjat is wjat he really prefers. 

@LosingItFast wrote:

I saw some posts from a few others about the Alta, and how there are third-party clips for it, and decided to give that a try.  

So far, I'm pretty pleased.  It's not a perfect alternative to the One, but it's not bad.

It comes as a tracker on a wristband, true.  But, it's easy to remove the band (which won't go to waste - I'll use it for night time), and there's a number of choices for a clip.  I'm trying a magnetic one, brand name Henoda.  So far, I'm not terribly pleased.  While the magnet appears to be strong, I actually almost lost my new Alta when I clipped it in the pocket of some sweatpants (thick material), and went for a run.  Maybe it'll just take some getting used to, but I'd rather not be taking chances with a $100 gadget.  

While I'm still not happy with Fitbit as a company, and I'm still not happy about the One being discontinued, I still like their product and their app.  We'll see how it goes. 

Best Answer

@LosingItFast wrote:

The one big difference is the fitbit one can last week's without needing a charge and the Alta won't last that long. That is one of the reasons my husband isn't going out to try the Alta with the 3rd party clip that was like the one.

Best Answer

Has anyone tried Garmin's Vivofit3? It has a clip, it is waterproof so you can wear it swimming, and it has a year battery life and costs $60 less than the Alta (and thus $80 less than the Alta HR). It doesn't count stairs, however, but then neither does the Alta.

The new Vivofit4 has always-on display, which is irrelevant when worn in a pocket, and it doesn't yet have a clip. I asked their support if it was going to, and they didn't know. But it does a whole lot of things the Alta doesn't do and is definitely less expensive, again with a year of battery life.

Owner of 3 dead Zips and 2 dead Ones. Current FItbits: One and Flex 2. iPhone 8, latest ios
Best Answer
Fitbit offered me the 50% off because my One is dead after six months. It's time to make a decision and I'm having such a hard time. Do you have any data on One on your body and Alta on your wrist. I wouldn't want the Alta on my wrist all the time but during workout time and everyday activities it would be ok. I've never found two devices an affordable choice ( and I don't have family members who don't use their fitbits) so I'm wondering how accurate the Alta will be in my wrist or switching it up! Any advice would be appreciated although I'll probably be even more confused.
Best Answer

I have the Alta hr. I like it and if you go to amazon you can find a clip for about $8 to put it in for those time you don't want it on your wrist. 

If I am going to be using my hands for something like washing windows or mixing it will add steps that you doesn't really do but I just move it to some where else. For walking and running it works great. 

@Mammason58 wrote:
Fitbit offered me the 50% off because my One is dead after six months. It's time to make a decision and I'm having such a hard time. Do you have any data on One on your body and Alta on your wrist. I wouldn't want the Alta on my wrist all the time but during workout time and everyday activities it would be ok. I've never found two devices an affordable choice ( and I don't have family members who don't use their fitbits) so I'm wondering how accurate the Alta will be in my wrist or switching it up! Any advice would be appreciated although I'll probably be even more confused.

When I go on eliptical I have to put it on my bra so I don't get the heart rate bit I get my steps. 

I only checked put the clip because my husband doesn't want it on his wrist it at all. 

Best Answer

The Garmin Vivofit3 is looking extremely attractive to me right now, I am giving it another look.

Even having to buy the clip separately, it is still a few dollars cheaper than a One would have been brand new (had it not been discontinued).

If Fitbit doesn't come out with something equal to or greater than the One soon, I believe that I will be switching to the Vivofit3!! 

All I wanted was a One...

Best Answer

My one has not died. I have the Alta ready in the wings and have purchased a third party clip. I will throw away the bracelet and only use it on a clip

Best Answer
Will this tracker have inter face with our smarts phones? Can we invite friends?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes