Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Availability and Alternatives

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Though Fitbit One is a popular product, as we introduce new products, we occasionally make changes to our product line to keep you on track with the most up-to-date health and fitness tracking tools.

As a result, we no longer sell the One. We recommend considering the other discreet options we offer- Fitbit Zip, if you prefer a clip-based tracker or Fitbit Flex 2 if you prefer a slim, wrist-based tracker. Or, take our quiz on http://www.fitbit.com/compare to see which device meets your needs best.

Please note that we will continue to support the One and, if necessary, provide replacements for devices in warranty.

We do know there are many fans of the One who would like to discuss alternatives and have created this thread for discussion and merged a few posts together. Please keep in mind Community Guidelines when posting. 

At this time, feedback has been shared on the One status and there are no plans to bring this particular tracker back at this time, we will not be able to comment further. 

We apologize for any inconvenience and hope we can continue to provide you with Fitbit trackers you love and help you reach your goals.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1,310 REPLIES 1,310

What did you end up doing?  I am looking for steps stairs waterproof if possible readable display. Haven't found a good solution yet.  Looking for ideas.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello RFS_UK
Went to the website . Will your comparison be under the “fitness” section?
JEH1

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
This is a great idea, thanks for doing it. I'd like to see stair climbing (altimeter) in the survey. I think that's important to many of the One users.
Thanks!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

@JEH1 wrote:
Hello RFS_UK
Went to the website . Will your comparison be under the “fitness” section?
JEH1

Sent from my iPhone

Hi yes it will be... a friend and I are really hoping to build up that side more but as I am about to embark on covering the clay and grass court season, I decided to make myself a bit of a guinea pig for the trackers while my friend focuses on other apps for fitness 

of course we can’t do anything about lack of altimeters on either of those trackers, but my guiding principle is clip based tracker alternatives to the One. I don’t think even my Apple Watch does stairs to be honest... 

Best Answer

@maryclaire3 wrote:
This is a great idea, thanks for doing it. I'd like to see stair climbing (altimeter) in the survey. I think that's important to many of the One users.
Thanks!

Sent from my iPad

Was this for me? Unfortunately I think the Charge counts floors (not stairs) and from what I read in the forums even that is flakey. Also I can’t see any clips available for it as a third party product. Because I don’t need my HR measured by my Fitbit (I use a polar HR monitor for specific exercises) I only got the Alta and not the Alta HR (then again that doesn’t count floors either!)

Best Answer
Counting flights of stairs is a critical component of the One for me.

Sent from my Windows 10 phone
Best Answer
Hi RFB-Uk
I think this post from green-is about the stairs is for you
JEH1

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@green_iis wrote:
Counting flights of stairs is a critical component of the One for me.

Sent from my Windows 10 phone

Then prepare to be disappointed. The Alta and the Garmin don’t count floors (which is what I think you mean). I *think* the Charge does but there does not appear to be a third party clip for it. I am looking at clip based alternatives for the One that counts steps, measures TDEE and tracks sleep. My comparison will point out that altimeter function is missing-for me the trade off for having a clip based tracker is losing the floors (that tbh I never bothered much with anyway so for me it is no loss) 

That being said... I had a quick peruse in the Charge forum and there are a LOT of complaints that floors are not being counted properly... in fact to be honest there seem to be a ton of issues with pretty much everything in the current stable! 

Best Answer
Hello RFS_UK,
Everything in the current stable except the One which we hope is only
temporarily out of the barn.😊
Best Answer
0 Votes

I love The One tracker. It works best to have a clip. Please continue to provide steps, sleep, water, weight, and food calorie counter. I use all those functions and don't want another watch or plastic strap.

Best Answer

@RFS_UK wrote:

@maryclaire3 wrote:
Thanks!

Sent from my iPad

Was this for me? Unfortunately I think the Charge counts floors (not stairs) and from what I read in the forums even that is flakey. Also I can’t see any clips available for it as a third party product. Because I don’t need my HR measured by my Fitbit (I use a polar HR monitor for specific exercises) I only got the Alta and not the Alta HR (then again that doesn’t count floors either!)

Thank you, RFS_UK.

Best Answer

Bring back the Fitbit One.  

I love it as I can carry it on my clothes and Not my arm.  I already have a watch that I love.   Please bring it back!!!!??

Thanks

Best Answer
@green_iis

Floor count for the Charge 2 definitely is inaccurate when worn on the wrist. In my previous post, I described how I have ‘converted’ the Charge 2 to a ‘clip-on’ with a stainless steel mesh magnetic band. Worn that way, it is as accurate as the One. Yes, there are times when the count is off—but not that often or that much.
Best Answer

The Zip is garbage - it doesn't count stairs, activity or sleep, it's difficult to use because you have to tap the screen. And it's not rechargeable.

All the wrist models are not accurate with regards to counting steps -  moving arms to brush a dog or play a musical instrument or when walking while you're carrying something in your arms or dragging / pushing a cart.  Most of the model are huge!  I'm a small women.  Lastly, a lot of people can't or don't want wear wrist objects, either because of work or skin reactions.  I haven't worn anything on my wrist since 1970's!

When my One dies, as I know it will, I will delete my Fitbit account and be done with a company that so blatantly disregards the simple request of customers who's patronage built your company.  Bring back the One - it was as close to perfect as a tracker can get.

Best Answer

No, I would not consider a Flex.  My friend has a flex and her Flex only counted 10 steps all the way through O'Hara Airport because she was dragging her luggage behind her.  No wrist option is accurate.

Best Answer

Hello 4481

Well you can still

get a One if you want to

pay $200plus.

If they were trying to

drive the price up, it worked.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I look forward to reading your reviews.  One question I would have is whether the step counting works by hand movement or like the One.  If we are thinking about converting a wrist device to a clip that would be important.  One of the great things about the One is its accuracy even if pushing a grocery cart or stroller or not swinging your arms.

Best Answer

@laurebabus wrote:

I look forward to reading your reviews.  One question I would have is whether the step counting works by hand movement or like the One.  If we are thinking about converting a wrist device to a clip that would be important.  One of the great things about the One is its accuracy even if pushing a grocery cart or stroller or not swinging your arms.

That is a good point and I am kinda using my Apple Watch as a control because there are times I simply forget to put the trackers on my belt (duh!) and as you say, when playing supermarket sweep or as over the next 12 weeks lugging my suitcase around the place....  When I get to Stuttgart I will go over some of the data and share it here. 

Best Answer
At this point I have not come up with any alternative. I'm hoping my One will hang in there for a while longer.
Best Answer

My One has suddenly stopped syncing properly. (Actually, it hasn't been doing that in quite a while; it only syncs with my phone now.) But the stats aren't even showing up on my desktop. What's going on? Has anyone else experienced this?

Bryan M.
Best Answer