Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Availability and Alternatives

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Though Fitbit One is a popular product, as we introduce new products, we occasionally make changes to our product line to keep you on track with the most up-to-date health and fitness tracking tools.

As a result, we no longer sell the One. We recommend considering the other discreet options we offer- Fitbit Zip, if you prefer a clip-based tracker or Fitbit Flex 2 if you prefer a slim, wrist-based tracker. Or, take our quiz on http://www.fitbit.com/compare to see which device meets your needs best.

Please note that we will continue to support the One and, if necessary, provide replacements for devices in warranty.

We do know there are many fans of the One who would like to discuss alternatives and have created this thread for discussion and merged a few posts together. Please keep in mind Community Guidelines when posting. 

At this time, feedback has been shared on the One status and there are no plans to bring this particular tracker back at this time, we will not be able to comment further. 

We apologize for any inconvenience and hope we can continue to provide you with Fitbit trackers you love and help you reach your goals.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1,310 REPLIES 1,310

Hi SCrapjen B,

Thanks  for that that helpful summary.

Best Answer
0 Votes
JEH1,

I chose the Charge 2 because it counts floors—the Alta does not.
Best Answer
Sue Alan,
Thanks
JEH1

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

The Garmin Vivofit 3 has a clip that is designed by Garmin. Hence it is designed to be a clip on tracker. Do your research as I have and have posted on this forum. Any Fitbit other than the Zip and the One is designed to be worn on the wrist. Placing it in a clip is strictly aftermarket and is not designed or made by Fitbit. Once again not so with the Garmin Vivofit 3. Everyone seems to be stuck on not having floors. Call Fitbit as I have an ask how you ended up with 73 floors while on a 3 mile run and they will tell you that floors is not accurate. Asked if I was running on a busy street. Cars passing is recognized as floors. 

We we must all face the fact that Fitbit is not bringing back the One but there are other alternatives.

As always, good luck to all of us that love our One.

Best Answer
Hi RPlBR,
Thanks for your post.
If you have a minute, I have some questions .
Have you compared the Garmin sleep function to the One? Can you have Garmin “friends?” How is Garmin. for help if you have a problem?
There is no clip for the Vivofit 4 so I hope they either keep making the 3 or make a clip for the Vivofit4

JEH1
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a third party clip for the Alta and a third party clip for the vivofit 3.  When the time comes I will decide which to go for.  

Best Answer

I am road testing the Garmin Vivofit 3 and the Fitbit Alta quite literally side by side.

My plan is to see how the trackers perform over the next couple of months while I am away from home on the road...

I chose the Alta & the Vivofit 3 because they can be put in third-party clips - we are all looking for a decent clip based alternative to the One, hence disregarding the Charge.

I will post a link (although I am certain that will get kiboshed) but I run a site called Britwatch Sports so bookmark it folks and I will let you know when the review goes up so you can hopefully find it! Looking to publish something after Wimbledon as I will be walking to and from tournaments in Stuttgart, Madrid, Birmingham, Eastbourne AND the big W itself. Plenty of data to crunch!

I am comparing steps (and using my Apple Watch as a 'control' measurement) and sleep tracking. I was never bothered by floors so not having that is not a big issue for me. Likewise I didn't get my Fitbit to be more active - I wanted to track my TDEE and when I exercise I use a Polar HR monitor which I have always found far more accurate to track cals burned.

Hopefully some of those comparisons will be of use for some of you.

Watch this space!

Best Answer

The Fitbit One support has gradually become less and less with every "program" update.  After the latest update yesterday, my One no longer syncs.  I think that Fitbit should have at least told One users this would happen so they could choose not to download the update.  I continue to look at the current items, but don't find any that I really like.  I don't want to wear one on my wrist due to sensitive skin.  How can I go back to the previous version that will at least let me sync my One?

Unhappy Fitbit One User

Best Answer

I've had the same sync problem before, but it eventually gets fixed.

Best Answer

I want to add that last night I checked on amazon.  Fitbit ones' are now almost $300.00.  When will the company get the message!!!????

Best Answer
I have heard that the vivofit starts counting after 10 steps. Is this
true? If you go onto more than it takes the first 10 well into account.

I will be curious to hear how this would affect step totals.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine (vivofit 3) starts counting straight away... 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Good to hear!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

box.jpgJEH1

The sleep function of the Vivofit 3 seems to be similar to the One. It tracks deep, light and awake. Do not know have accurate it is have only used the One a couple of times and the Vivofit 3 once. Vivofit 3 tracks as sleep when sitting on my dresser but I am sure there is a setting to remedy that. I have a Fitbit Ionic as well and have never used any of them to regularly track my sleep, only a novelty to me. You can have Garmin friends, calories are tracked through MyFitnessPal but it is basically the same as Fitbit. I use a Garmin Forerunner 220 for my daily runs with a chest strap HRM. This can also be paired with the Vivofit 3. The only clip made by Garmin, and I stress not aftermarket (see picture) is for the Vivofit 3. I have never had any issues with my Forerunner 220 and the Vivofit 3 is relatively new, so I do not know how Garmins customer service is. 

Hope this helps.

As always, Good Luck to all of us that love our One.

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer

I agree!  My One no longer holds a charge for even 24 hours, and I have not been able to sync for 2 days. All of this came on very suddenly after the last program update. I've had several Ones over the years and am very disappointed that they have been discontinued and no longer supported.  I also learned that there is not a current Fitbit product that tracks calories burned, which I have been using as part of my weight loss plan.  Please bring back the One!

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
PBRBek,
Thank you for that information . I have stopped updating because of previous helpful posts flagging the same problem.
Have you tried phoning Fitbit?
JEH1

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello SPL-BR

Thanks for taking the time to give that thorough update,

the Vivofit 3 sounds like a good replacement for a dead One as I rely on the sleep data.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thankyou RFS_UK,

Looking forward to your results.

Are you also tracking sleep?

JEH1

Best Answer
0 Votes

If we're prepared to give up tracking floors (with the Alta and Vivofit 3 options), the Fitbit Flex 2 has an official pendant holder in the "Accessories" part of the Fitbit website.  That suggests to me that it would be just as accurate in a pocket or on a waistband with a third party clip (which are available on Amazon).

I need to make a decision soon since my One has been deceased for a weeks.  I'm treating the One as never coming back.

Any other opinions on:

• Alta + third party clip; vs
  • Vivofit 3 + Garmin official clip; vs
  • Flex 2 + third party clip; vs
  • Charge 2 + third party clip (for floors); vs
  • ???
Best Answer
0 Votes

@JEH1 wrote:

Thankyou RFS_UK,

Looking forward to your results.

Are you also tracking sleep?

JEH1

Hi there - yes I am (when I remember to put them in the little wristband I have!

I do need to catch up on step counts - I forgot BOTH the trackers yesterday in the dash to get stuff before my next round of trips and found myself thinking "thank god I have the AppleWatch!"

Actually so I can write the best article please do let me know folks what you want to see in the comparison - I am out and about for several tennis tournaments from Sunday and over the next 12 weeks (which I think is a decent comparison time)

Here's my current criteria

1) Clip

2) Steps, Calories, Sleep

3) Battery Life (#ohDear on a sticky wicket already!)
4) Convenience of charging

5) Accuracy (as much as we can determine with two side by side)

6) App/Ease of integration with MFP

7) Community? I don't do any challenges with anyone but would love to feature someone active in both FitBit challenges and Garmin from anyone testing it out?

Any other ideas?

Best Answer