Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved: One not syncing after Samsung Update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 9/18/2017: Samsung released an update this week that should resolve the syncing issue. If you haven't already, please update your phone. Thanks again for your patience and reports. 

Fitbit Update 8/24/2017: Hi everyone- Thank you for your reports. We have all the information we need at this time and our engineers are currently reviewing. Once I have further information, I will be sure to update this thread.

Fitbit Update 08/17/2017: Hi everyone -- Several One users have reported that their trackers are no longer syncing with their Samsung mobile devices since a Samsung update.

If you're experiencing issues, please provide me with the following answers to the best of your ability so I can get this information over to our Android team who is currently investigating the root cause of this:

1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)?
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)?
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)?

Please copy and paste the above questions and your answers into the response.

I appreciate you all for helping out with getting me some answers as well as your continued patience. As a temporary workaround, please sync with an alternative supported device or computer. I promise we are doing everything we can on our end to get you all back to syncing. More updates to come!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
349 REPLIES 349

September 8

Galaxy s5

Verizon

Best Answer
  1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues? August
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)? Samsung 8
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)? Android 7 (Nougat)
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)? Verizon
Best Answer
Started not syncing after Samsung update September 8. Verizon galaxy s5. 6.0.1.

Please excuse typos. Sent from my not-so-smart pocket god
Best Answer
0 Votes

I turned the Bluetooth off on my phone and tablet, and just refresh on the computer and everything syncs. even my phone with no Bluetooth. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks. I will try that

Best Answer
0 Votes

i have the same problem with mine.  sync's for two hours and then looses sync and I cannot sync again even with my computer.

Best Answer

I

@JonMarc wrote:

I've had the same problem lately. My Fitbit One will sync with my phone for only a few hours before it disconnects itself. The only way to get it to sync again is to restart the tracker. That's an inconvenient process involving plugging it into my computer. Since I don't have my charging cable with me all the time, I can only do this at the end of the day when I'm at home.

Why is the tracker disconnecting like this every few hours? A response from Fitbit support about this is pending, but I wanted to get your input, too.

have the same problem with mine.  sync's for two hours and then looses sync and I cannot sync again even with my computer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think you are right. It must be a fitbit problem with their latest update.  Not Samsung at all. If it were a Samsung issue then they would be syncing with our non Samsung electronics and it sounds like people are having problems with all types of laptops, pcs, and phones.  Fitbit, PLEASE fix the problem.  I really don't want to have to send back the new flex that you had me buy because my One wouldn't sync. 

Best Answer

I had success last night.  Google Play Store has a notice that bug fixes were in the latest release dated 11 September.  Downloaded to my phone and when Bluetooth and Location are on, all is good!  Finally!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
HiWhich bug  fix did  you download. Great that it's working 

Regards
Lucinda Remane
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just downloaded the whole app (deleted previous one).

Best Answer
0 Votes

hi

I downloaded System repair 2017 from Google playstore.  did the deep scan and my One is still not working.

Best Answer

Mine will sync using the computer with the dongle. The Samsung app (Bluetooth off) then gets its data from the computer. When I try to sync the phone with the One, an error message pops up asking to turn the Bluetooth on. Still no syncing between the Samsung & the One. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried that with no success, even Samsung couldn't get it to sync after removing and reinstalling. After being on the phone with her for an hour and a half, she admitted she couldn't fix it.

@lunchmom1 wrote:

I turned the Bluetooth off on my phone and tablet, and just refresh on the computer and everything syncs. even my phone with no Bluetooth. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Didn't work for me.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Which app did you update? I already have the 8/23 fitbit app update and
that doesn't fix the problem. There isn't a more recent update out there
for the Samsung S5.
Best Answer

Just checking in --- nothing yet on a cure?  Many thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here's the last "We're working on it"  post from the moderator on Sept. 7:

Screen Shot 2017-09-12 at 1.14.05 PM.png

Best Answer
Nothing that I know of.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Believe it when I see it. 

Best Answer