Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved: One not syncing after Samsung Update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 9/18/2017: Samsung released an update this week that should resolve the syncing issue. If you haven't already, please update your phone. Thanks again for your patience and reports. 

Fitbit Update 8/24/2017: Hi everyone- Thank you for your reports. We have all the information we need at this time and our engineers are currently reviewing. Once I have further information, I will be sure to update this thread.

Fitbit Update 08/17/2017: Hi everyone -- Several One users have reported that their trackers are no longer syncing with their Samsung mobile devices since a Samsung update.

If you're experiencing issues, please provide me with the following answers to the best of your ability so I can get this information over to our Android team who is currently investigating the root cause of this:

1. When did you begin experiencing these syncing issues?
  2. What make and model mobile device do you have (Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note 6, etc)?
  3. What Android OS are you currently running (go to this link from your phone's internet browser to find out)?
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)?

Please copy and paste the above questions and your answers into the response.

I appreciate you all for helping out with getting me some answers as well as your continued patience. As a temporary workaround, please sync with an alternative supported device or computer. I promise we are doing everything we can on our end to get you all back to syncing. More updates to come!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
349 REPLIES 349
Problems began August 21 if i recall correctly, may have been August 28. Could not sync very next day after Samsung update. Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Samsung Galaxy 5.

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Syncs with computer. Won't sync with samsung s5 still.
Best Answer

Tried pairing after the update installed last night...but back to waiting mode.

Best Answer

Fitbit is replacing mine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, sorry to sound like a broken record, but this issue is still outstanding and our team is working to get this fixed as soon as possible. We do hear you. Also, keep in mind this thread is on syncing issue affecting Android Samsung users, this should not be affecting iOS users. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

I'm soooo happy!  With the new Samsung S5 update 9.13.17, my fitbit one is syncing!  After over a month of having to sync by laptop, it WORKS! Thanks to Samsung and Fitbit!  

Best Answer
I cant get my phone to connect for an update. Will keep trying.

Best Answer
0 Votes

September 13 - 2 p.m. ET - After downloading the new Android update, my Fitbit app is syncing on my phone.  Looks like it's finally fixed, after a month.

Best Answer
Hot diggity!! Finally works again.

Best Answer
Is it an app update, a Verizon update or a Samsung update? And, how do the
rest of us get it?
Best Answer
Its a phone/samsung update.
Go into your settings, last choice is update. It took me hours of trying to get it to connect, but once it update i could sync to my phone.

Best Answer
Yes, finally!! I did the latest Samsung Update, even though I did not
receive any message that an update was available. It syncs, all the way
back to August 6th, the last day it worked. So do the latest update, even
if you haven't been prompted.

Happy!!
Best Answer
I'm happy for you. I still can't sync.
Best Answer
Neither can I.
Best Answer
I have the same questions.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I get message that my Samsung is up to dat - no update necessary at this
time. Not sure what to do now.
Best Answer
I had a Fitbit app update today, but same issue. Says tracker not found. I
can only sync with my Fire.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the info. Just went into Settings on the Galaxy S5 & scrolled all the way to the bottom to System Updates. Had it check for an update & Voila!  Yes, there was one. Checked online as to what the update would do:  Fixed an issue where device was unable to connect and pair with some Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) devices.

Downloaded the update, logged into the app & it synced the first attempt. Hopefully, this update fixes the BLE problem.

Not all users need the update; only those of us who are trying to use BLE devices. Hope you're able to update soon. This last update was:  G900VVRUZDQH2

(The one that messed with us was G900VVRUZDQF2.)

Best Answer
I haven't tried syncing on my Fire. I'll give it a try.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Samsung S5 update 

Best Answer
0 Votes