Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync problem

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
This is getting frustratin my one has not been sync correctly for 2 days. Yes reset tracker..yes reloaded app..yes restarted phone. When are they going to fix this glitch
Best Answer
133 REPLIES 133

I've had my Fitbit One for about 3 years now.  A few times it wouldn't sync and restarting the device worked.  It has not synced in the last 3 days and nothing works.  I've restarted, restarted and restarted, uninstalled the software and reinstalled.  It won't sync on my PC nor my iPhone and neither device is close to the other so it shouldn't be the bluetooth.  Is it a Fitbit software problem?

Best Answer
Yesterday evening (for the first time since the dongle update) the sync software procedure seems to have reverted to the former pathway, i.e. after syncing through Fitbit Connect the software re-directs to the Fitbit homepage and the “Login” tab. It worked smoothly again! Give it a try. Thank you for re-assuring me that the One activity tracker has a long life expectancy! I bought a second tracker just in case.

Sally
Best Answer
same here, mine has not synced sine Jan 21st. Nothing - Zip - Wrote to Fitbit & nada!
Best Answer
0 Votes

My One won't sync either. I get messages that it won't connect, I get messages that there is more than one fitbit in the area -- I live alone in a house with my dog; my dog does not have a Fitbit -- and asking me to log in. But I have found that if I just go to the dashboard, even if it says it hasn't synced, my information is there.

This is very frustrating. I'm glad to see I'm not alone, but none of us should have to deal with this.

Best Answer

I'm not sure what happened but last night it finally started syncing again - both on my pc and iPhone.  Glad it's working for now.  

I had restarted, restarted and restarted the Fitbit, uninstalled and reinstalled the software, removed the dongle and then plugged it back in.  Nothing seemed to work, then all of a sudden, it started syncing again.

Best Answer

Since the last update I have had issues as well. Now I have a fitbit that will not sync with any devices. pretty much useless... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It can be a bluetooth issue.  Including bluetoooth devices it cannot sync with.  When I got up I wondered why it hadn't synced since last night, started connect, connect had a stopped working issue, restarted it told it to sync and sync failed.

I looked at the dashboard I'd already had open, it hadn't sync'd since 10pm last night.  When someone got home, who always has bluetooth on unnecessarily, on an unsupported device.  The minute it was turned off everything sync'd normally.

So glad I didn't report without a little investigating.  So I not only think you are right about bluetooth issues, I suspect it's at the root of a majority of peoples issues, and they should remember it's not just their devices or their phones or pads, it could be anyone close to them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit is connected to my computer...it has not been synced since Wed.  This is an off and on problem.  It needs to be fixed.  It needs to be fixed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please fix my fitbit.....it needs to sync....it is an ongoing problem.  It has not been synced since Wed.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My problem has nothing to do with bluetooth. I do not have bluetooth
open on anything, I live alone in my house, so no one else has bluetooth
on.

When I click on the icon on my computer to sync it, it shows either that
it can't be synced or there is another fitbit in the area that is
interfering. However, when I go to the dashboard, my current information
is there. It's kind of ridiculous.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Do you go to the dashboard to see if it did sync? I sync mine with the
computer, and when I click on the icon, it either says it can't be
synced or there is another fitbit in the area -- which is impossible
since I live alone and no other fitbit is around.

However, when I go to the dashboard on the web site, my current
information is there. It's rather ridiculous.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I continue to have sync issues.   I sometimes sync on my iPad mini (typically works quite well, no issues), but as of about a week now I continually have problems syncing on my MacBook Pro.  The Fitbit software is apparently up to date, although I did re-download and re-install it just to be sure.  It just keeps looking for the One without finding it.  Sometimes on a third or fourth try, it will suddenly see it and sync properly.  Other times I have to do a re-set and then it works.  Very frustrating because the computer worked just fine for at least the first couple of weeks I had the One.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I finally got it to syn about 5 minutes ago.  Tried it again and now it can't find the tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes

my problem is that after the last software update, my fitbit connect implies i have no internet connection which i do & it is working since i'm obviously posting this. Cant sync my device on any laptop, ipad, or iphone (i have never used the ipad or phone for syncing).  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine just has not synced since Wed....need the pron
Blemish fixed

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @gloriaberry. Can you please check that you have indeed the latest version of the Fitbit Connect or Fitbit app installed. If you click on this link https://www.fitbit.com/ca/setup, the appropriate app to download should automatically be highlighted, with the firmware version number shown right next to it. Please jot it down - don't re-install anything just yet, just jot it down.

Then locate the app on your computer to confirm that you are indeed running the latest version of Fitbit. 

TandemWalker.png            TW             TandemWalker.png

(If this tip solved the problem for you, please mark this post solved, as this will be helpful to other users experiencing similar issues.) 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have version 2.0.1.6757 with a creation date of Oct. 30, 2015.  I downloaded it again just to be sure, but that's the version that downloads from the Mac link.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes @CMCM. But once installed, use Finder to navigate to your application folder and move your cursor on Fitbit Connect. If it says 2.0.1.6757, then you're fine. Mine didn't initially and as I stated earlier, I had to do a clean sweep and re-install.

TW

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m running the same version, however according to Finder, the October version was “modified" on 01/16/16 @ 8:02 PM.

Sally
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine stopped syncing yesterday.  I charged it even though it was on medium.  It finally synced for a few minutes and then stopped again and has not synced again since.  This is rediculous on the issues I keep having with the thing syncing.

Best Answer
0 Votes