Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Always on Display with seconds

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Has fitbit finally given us an option to have the display always on, with seconds visable on the charge 2?

I know tons of nurses and EMTs that really like the fitbit software, but can't use it simply because they can't get seconds for taking vitals.

Best Answer
48 REPLIES 48

I’m a nurse and have to wear two watches to work, because the display doesn’t stay on long enough. Why not give us the power to run our own battery down as we see fit? It would make a lot of sense for the healthcare community...who may be in the position to suggest your watch as a means to better health. I think you are missing a huge word of mouth marketing niche. 

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean by waterproof, there is no legal definition since at some depth all enclosures sill fail .The terminology is water resistant to a depth of X. 

Having researched the product before purchase this limitation you should have been aware of. 

As for a watch that has a display that stays on, the Blaze has the chronograph face that was specifically designed to address the concerns of the medical comunity. 

Now considering that most hospitals do not allow wrist jewelry.. 

Waterproof: I want to be able to have my watch on and swim with it.

Hospitals: Hospitals allow you to wear a digital watch... that is not considered wrist jewelry. You need to have a sweep second so you can take pulses and respiratory rates.

Best Answer

It's infuriating that FitBit says that the LED does not stay on in order to preserve the battery when the LED is on the entire time during the 2 min "Relax" function. It seems like it's just lazy programming by FitBit.

Best Answer

I have the Fitbit Versa & it displays the seconds!

Best Answer

The corporate-approved response addresses the "Display Seconds" part of the question, but not the "Duration On" part.  Many users would like to have the ability to adjust "Display On" time.  I'm certainly one of them.  So let me add my voice to those who have made the request before me:  Will Charge 3 or other FitBits offer adjustable display time in a future firmware update or update of the iPhone app?   This would be a tremendous boost to the utility of the device.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, I just bought a fitbit that only displays seconds for 3 sec. I need to take vitals and it is impossible.I was wondering if you have found a fitbit which displays seconds for longer, in order to be able to take vitals.

Regards, Clara

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there, could I ask you, how long does your fitbit versa display the seconds for?

Regards, Clara

Best Answer
0 Votes

@clara.casanueva that would depend on what clock face is chosen. 

Fitbit has the Chronograph watch face, with its quick start always on stopwatch. This face was designed to address the medical community. 

I believe the Versa has a setting for up to a minute. 

You do not mention which Fitbit you have. 

Best Answer
Hello, Thank you for the reply. I have just bought the alta HR because a
friend told me it had seconds and because it is a small fitbit (i like the
way it looks compared to all the other huge monster fitbit that I don't
like so much). It turns out the alta HR displays seconds but only for
3-7seconds which is not enough for the medics to take vitals. So I am
disapointed in my buy 😞
Best Answer
0 Votes