Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken connector band - Charge 4

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

SOOO Disappointed my Fitbit band connector piece snapped this morning getting ready for work.  Not fixable.  really disappointed in this quality.  This is our 3rd Charge 4 connector to snap.  My sons snapped with in 1 year and was replaced by warranty however it snapped again and then he had to buy the rubber wrist bands you put the fitbit face piece in.  He doesnt like it - feels clunky.  My fit bit charge is 22 months so Im past warranty.  Its terrible that its so poorly made they snap like this after such a short time!  I Dont want a clunky rubber band like my sons.  any other options?

Moderator edit:  updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
74 REPLIES 74

Did your replacement fitbit arrive as promised?

-----------

My band connection broke today. I attempted to glue it back toger.

Note to others. Take a photo of the broken item before you attempt to fix it.

I'm waiting to hear back what my outcome will be

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yup I’ve had the same issue. They’re a stupid design that clearly doesn’t hold up long term and you’re basically forced to buy another one. Just get another brand. Wouldn’t but Fitbit again. Their customer service is utterly useless to really rub salt in the wound. I’ve owned a Garmin for seven years still going strong. 140 quid at the time. Buy cheap buy twice sorry Fitbit your stuff is garbage

------------

Yes you will look at it for a week then do nothing and redirect me to start the claim all over again

Best Answer

Just had this happen with my Charge 4, 21 months after purchase --- the Charge 5 looks like a 'logical' replacement, but I'm extremely reluctant to purchase it now.  

( I work around equipment where we can't have anything with Wi-Fi capability, so my fitness tracker options are somewhat limited. )

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine snapped off last night.   Had tracker for just 14 months.   Now unusable.   From reading posts it looks as if this is a common problem so company have known about it for a few years.   I had an Alta tracker previously and this stopped working after 2 years.

Best Answer

Mine is coming loose.  I received a warranty replacement in August (for the same issue), and now the replacement has failed only a few months later.  Customer Service is a joke - they said they’ll email me with the resolution of my case, and when I pointed out that this is a known design flaw, they told me to end the chat.  

I’m done with FitBit.  What other tracker brands have folks tried and liked?

Best Answer

Hi looks like mine has just joined the club was new in April so still under warranty 

Best Answer

Hello JuanFitbit,

I have also just had the strap connector on my Charge 4 break.  I removed the strap to clean off dust and found that the whole connector piece had broken off the body of the Fitbit.  It's broken around the points where the two very small screws hold the connector to the body.  It seems to be an extremely flimsy design.  I have had the Fitbit 25 months.  I use it for recording walks and cycle rides, nothing very rigourous or stressful on the unit.

Is it possible to get the Fitbit replaced please?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi , mine just broke too.

Was yours still within the warranty period when it broke?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just outside warranty but contacted Amazon customer support and they got in touch with Fitbit and I have been told I will get a replacement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

They won't "it's out of warranty but we'll give you a coupon for a new one" seems to be the regular reply.

Best Answer

Same thing happened to me - 16 months after I purchased it.  Spoke with customer support, and offered 35% off a new product.  Don't think I want to drop another $100 on a product that's only going last me a year.  And the silly thing is that it's such a small thing.  The watch itself is working just fine.  A shame to make a product that has to be tossed just because a small piece of plastic isn't up to the job.

Best Answer

My Fitbit Charge 4 broke in the same way, yesterday, after 28 months of everyday use. The bits that snapped off are tiny plastic bits that hold the connector of the Fitbit band. Never before have I had a watch break down like this, so quickly, so easily. Whether it's inside or outside the warranty period, Fitbit should repair or replace the damaged devices for free, as its choices for material and design were wrong, simply not fit for purpose.
I've sent a photo to Fitbit's Support and will be waiting for their response.

Best Answer
Mine was replaced under warranty as it was only 8 months old and as they have no stock of charge 4's they have sent me a charge 5 with a completely different strap attachment which looks a lot better in my opinionCheers Jan 
Best Answer

same thing happened to me today. It's just only 17 months old, can't believe this plastic part has no repair or replacement and need to buy a whole new watch. Anyone has any other smart idea? I am trying to search for a wristband that can put the hold face plate inside but I can't find it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got off the phone with Fitbit Support - the same defect, the band clip on the watch broke, spring is gone, less than 16 months old and THRY WILL NOT PROVIDE SUPPORT OF THE KNOWN DEFECT. He actually advised me to purchase another one… I’m speechless.

Best Answer

I was fortunate as I had purchased mine from Amazon and they have a great customer service.   Got a replacement but without strap.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Complete garbage and cheaply made. I loved my Fitbit charge 4. So upset when my connector clasp snapped off. No help from the company, no fix and not excited to replace it for it to potentially happen again. I’ve been reading reviews and this seems to be a common problem. They should consider a better design. 

Best Answer

HI MakeupwithEleni

thanks for sharing, i am sorry to hear that. It happened to me too. One of my connector clasp snapped off , and the Fitbit/Google wasn't much help in providing a repair solution other than  a 35% off a new one. The charge 4 is perfect  after the display upgrade (the charge 3's screen fades to nothing after 2years of usage.  I owned two and it happened to both.) but with this breakage and the lack of solution means that its destined to be e-waste? Some thing to think about Fitbit/Google.

some workaround solutions:

https://www.lazada.sg/products/smartband-wrist-watchband-for-fitbit-charge-543-soft-silicone-smart-b...

im sure you can find an ecommerce store carrying one of these whereever you are.

Best Answer
I did find a band that would house my broken Fitbit so that it was still
useful. I am beyond irritated with Fitbits customer service and quality -
especially given this is a known manufacturer defect AND seems to be a
problem (and disappointment) for the many Fitbit owners.

I also wanted to mention the redirection to a mandatory $2 fee and then
subsequent $68 fee that Fitbit directed me to with JustAnswer Customer
Support. They are a tech support company and I am currently going through
my credit card company for refund as they fraudulently charged me for a
service that I specifically said I didn’t need before being forwarded to
them by Fitbit.

This whole experience has left me with a bad taste and the feeling that I
have been played.
--

*Pamela *
Best Answer

Me too! What is the rubber band you mentioned? Not buying a new Fitbit anytime soon as the watch itself still works.

Best Answer