Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find tracker

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When i try to sync my charge 2 to my phone, it says tracker not found. All the settings are turned on to sync and I've restarted it and nothings working. It's new and had been working fine until today. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Lissakye, the battery being low should not prevent it from syncing.  Check to see if you have WiFi turned on - if it is turn it off and then try syncing again. Some phones tend to have conflicts between Bluetooth (needed to sync) and WiFi?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
32 REPLIES 32

What changed between the time that it was successfully syncing and now, @Lissakye? What phone do you have? Did the phone's Location Services get disabled?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nothing changed that I know of. I have the Samsung s7 and I just checked the location settings and they are turned on. I am charging it now because when I restarted it, it seeyes like the battery was low. Could that make a difference?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Lissakye, the battery being low should not prevent it from syncing.  Check to see if you have WiFi turned on - if it is turn it off and then try syncing again. Some phones tend to have conflicts between Bluetooth (needed to sync) and WiFi?

Best Answer

That worked!! Thanks so much @USAF-Larry

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great ot hear, @Lissakye!  Keep on Stepping!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It worked before and now it can't find tracker. Turned off and on phone WiFi and bluetooth. Nada. Help!

Best Answer

@Rhondabird do you have your Bluetooth on and WiFi off on your phone?  That's what worked for me and i also reset my fit bit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Charge 2 was synced on my samsung S5, but quit ar 5:32am on 1/13/17.  Now everytime I try to sync it says Tracker Not Found.  Have turned bluetooth off and on, restarted phone, updated phone. Charged the fitbit. How do I solve this problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes

A restart of the tracker might be needed, if it is a hardware problem try restarting it 3 times.

Go to yhe phones Bluetooth settings and tell the phone to forget the tracker

Niw if it is a driver/hardware lockup, a complete shutdown of the phone might be needed. 

Best Answer

Have you tried re starting the tracker? Sometimes it needs a re-boot. Also some of the Samsung phones conflict when both the blue tooth and wi fi are turned on. Try Turing off wi fi but keep blue tooth on 

Best Answer
0 Votes

THANK YOU! I performed EVERY STEP that fitbit advised - probably twice. I found your solution today, and it worked! I have an android Samsung Galaxy S6. This was such an EASY solution! Thanks again*

LeAnne

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you reset the tracker? Will it loose my stats that didn't sync?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tracker not syncing

Best Answer
0 Votes

@cmwag wrote:

How do you reset the tracker? Will it loose my stats that didn't sync?

@cmwag, follow the instructions in this help article, How do I restart my tracker?   No data will be lost.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Perfect! Thank you!
Best Answer
0 Votes

My flex isn't syncing. It says cant be found. Last time synced was about 11:00 am. Wifi and blutooth is on.Restared phone different times. Logged out also.still no tracker found. I got this for Christmas. Should work better then it does.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Grandmadawn57, you don't say which phone you have, buy you might try turning off WiFi, then try syncing again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Samsung Galaxy 7 phone. Wifi was off and didn't find tracker. Turned on anstill can't find tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes