Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 battery is draining to fast and heart rate stopped

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had my Charge 2 for 18 months, having received it as a Christmas present from my partner. The last 17 months it has worked flawlessly, always tracking my heart rate, steps, activity, sleep, floors etc and always syncing and providing notifications. 

The last few weeks I noticed the HR monitor had stopped working, I tried resetting, changing the strap tightness, letting it die and recharging and nothing worked, I figured "oh well, I can live without it" but now I've noticed my Charge 2 battery being drained from 100% to nothing in a few hours. I've tried resetting 3 times, turning off all settings that use battery (silent alarms, notifications etc), letting it die and recharging again but nothing seems to work and now I'm left with a useless Fitbit. Ive also noticed a thin black line (almost like the pixels have broken) across the screen about 1/3rd way from the top since I reset the device.

Can anyone help?!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
95 REPLIES 95

E83E6561-2CEA-42B2-BD04-FDCD12F329AC.jpeg

9E913F6C-BC57-4960-96BE-5E9964B97532.jpeg

For my Charge After the pulse quit working/displaying then the power issue the display started this then it died. You can. See the condensation behind the screen. I have notice what I believe the separation of the top display covering come off the watch. This is purely a manafacture defect. The company should do more than the 25% off. They should under good will replace these

Best Answer
I agree this is some sort of manufacture defect. All of our issues are the same. It’s not coincidence. Best I received was a 25% off discount as well.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys! @ldelapaz@Lpvancini and @StaciF, I appreciate the time you have taken to get in touch with our Support team. 

Here at Fitbit, our main goal is keep our users motivated to achieve their fitness goals, so that is why, even if your Fitbit device is out of warranty, and a replacement is possible to offer, we always try to get you back on track with different options, like in this case, with a discount that you can use towards the purchase of a different Fitbit device. 

We'd like to keep you in the Fitbit family and working toward your goals. 

If you have further comments, keep us posted! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
Sorry, you have burned me twice with defected devices. You will see my unit is no longer pinging your server. Now moving on to a replacement. But I can’t see investing back in another Fitbit.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Thanks for your response @Lpvancini! I'm sorry to hear that the previous Charge 2 that you received as a replacement, didn't work as expected. According to what you mentioned, did our Support team offer you another replacement or a discount toward a new Fitbit? 

Let me know! 

Best Answer

Yes exactly the same issues as yours,,, i hope they update soon n fix this battery drain issue:(

Best Answer
0 Votes
Speaking of which my chcharge2 didnt come with a manual. Sometimes  its easier to read a paper manual than having to wait on a internet connection. Must be cheaper to take shortcuts and not provide one. 
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
Don't do it. The market should be dictated by the reliability of the products. Fitbit is not accurate or reliable. When mine breaks I sure won't be getting another one.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
I never got or even was offer a free replacement, both of the Fitbit’s I owned was bought, both have died due to manufacture defect, on the company part. With just the watch this time only 16 months old I was offer a 25% discount on a replacement. Really that the best you can offer. If I lived in the EU, it would be free. After two bad watches would you buy a third. Even my old Casio watch latest 6 rears, only need a battery replacement ever year. I’m letting my voice get heard on my social media outlets, hoping to save someone else from making a mistake by buying a Fitbit watch. I travel for my company and visit a lot of gyms, and I also post my thoughts on the Fitbit at those locations.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I agree. Mine was my first, but I definitely expected it to last more than 18 months. Too pricey to replace that often, even with 25% off. Shoot, I think you can find them at that price point pretty regularly without having to use a discount. You’re right, even a cheap watch lasts longer. Disappointing though since when it worked I thought it was pretty good. 

Best Answer

I have also recognized these issues happening on my Fitbit Charge 2 recently.

I realized Monday that my battery was almost dead (just charged on Friday). I then charged it again on Monday to have it be very low again Wednesday night. There is also some condensation under the screen in the middle, causing blurring of the display. Also, the HR monitor has sporadically gone from a high/bright light to a low light to no light, all while wearing the fitbit. I have not had accurate HR monitoring in the last couple of weeks due to this. PLEASE HELP!! I wear this all the time (except in the shower) and rely on it heavily, especially when having heartrate issues.

I have tried restarting, letting it die and recharging it, restarting my phone, and even putting it in rice for the condensation.

I've been a Fitbit user since 2015 and this is my 2nd device. Thanks in advance!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys, thanks for your participation here in the Community! 

I want to start posting tips to make the battery of your Charge 2 last linger. Sometimes, this isn't happening because the tracker itself is defective, but because we are using a lot of features at the same time. And I know what you'll say because I put myself on the user's shoes, 'cause I'm a user too, and I say well, yeah, I should be able to enjoy all the Charge 2 features without worrying about battery draining issues, but just like any other device, remember that there are some tips that you have to take it into consideration to make it work better. And you can find battery tips at this post so please take a look and follow them. Also, if you'd like further information about the Charge 2 usage, please take a look at the Charge 2 manual. This one doesn't come along with the tracker, you can find it online. 

Now for those who already contacted our Support team, I want to thank you for taking the time to do so. I can see that they offered a discount towards the purchase of any other Fitbit device, which some of you didn't like it, and I understand you've invested in the Fitbit products however, we as any other company have policies to follow through.  While customer satisfaction remains our number one goal, the demands of running a global business require that we enforce our warranty consistently and of course the policies change, according to your country of residence as well. 

Keep me posted if you have further questions or comments! 

Best Answer
I guess your company has never heard of a one time good faith offer? Like replacing these defective watches for free? Too bad a good faith offers like that key a user to buy you product in the future. But it seem like this company is more like we don’t care.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I have the exact same problem with my Fit Bit Charge 2. It worked perfectly until last week when my battery went from a 5-7 day life span to a less than 24 h span. My heart rate monitor isnt working and there is a line through my screen. I depended on my heart rate monitor for my Medical Aid reward scheme and my perfect track record of over 18 months has now been broken because of this. Please help. My Charge 2 was bought in Jan 2017 in the USA and brought to South Africa. It worked perfectly a week ago still.

Best Answer

I've had exactly the same issues as many here - battery not lasting even a day at full charge and heart rate monitor just up and quit. It seems Fitbit resolves the issue for you if you are within the warranty period by sending a replacement (or offering a discount on a different device), but only after doing a ton of troubleshooting, as they don't believe you when you tell them you've done the troubleshooting already. Same time frame for issues popping up by the way - less than a year and a half in my case. It seems their devices don't last much longer. Luckily I live in the EU. They sent me a replacement after much, much troubleshooting. I did all the troubleshooting before myself, and they made me do it all over again over a period of weeks since they didn't believe I was having problems and were reluctant to actually resolve the issue to my satisfaction in the first place. Apparently my heart rate monitor synced one time during the period of troubleshooting (I had no evidence of this as the HR monitor still wasn't working on my end) and they were almost ready to close the case until I said this was not acceptable. They will do everything possible to weasel their way out of honouring the warranty. I will see how long the replacement lasts, but I am done with Fitbit. They don't place a warranty on the replacement and since it's sub-standard product to begin with, who says it won't fail again within a year and a half or two tops? I am not interested in spending close to $200 every 1½ years for a disposable product. If you want to avoid disappointment, I'd recommend avoiding Fitbit in the future. Seriously, buyer beware! Customer service barely stands by their product and doubts the customer at every step. When it works, it's great, but when it doesn't - and it stops working very soon after about a year of use - then it's just a huge waste of money and time. Even the strap is low quality and had to be replaced within a few months of purchasing and using the device. Talk about sub-standard on every level. If you're smart, you won't get fooled twice.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issues with my Fitbit Charge 2. I’ve had the Charge 2 since January 2018 and just last week, its battery began draining from 100% to 0% within hours (normally lasts me 5 full days). The day after the battery drained, I noticed that it had stopped tracking my heart rate and hasn’t tracked it since. I’ve tried resetting the watch, but nothing has changed. Other suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same battery life problem. Please have customer support contact me.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had this problem with my Charge 2. Customer service couldn't do anything
about it. I pouted and didn't have/wear a Fitbit for over 4 months...
before I caved and tried and Alta HR. It's sad that so many have the same
issue and Fitbit is not acknowledging the issue. Sort of how smartphones
tend to "slow down" more after 2-3 years to force you to buy the newest
model... oh well.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I ended up purchasing a new Fitbit in August/ September last year. Last week I thought I would charge the old one to see what happens and it connected fine and ran for a full week. I then switched back to my new one. I’ll keep the old one now for a back up.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am currently having the same issue. My FitBit has been been fine for the last year and a half and all of a sudden, it won’t track HR anymore and is dying within 24 hours of being fully charged. This is my third Charge in 3 years. Very disappointed and won’t be getting a fourth.

Best Answer
0 Votes