Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 battery is draining to fast and heart rate stopped

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had my Charge 2 for 18 months, having received it as a Christmas present from my partner. The last 17 months it has worked flawlessly, always tracking my heart rate, steps, activity, sleep, floors etc and always syncing and providing notifications. 

The last few weeks I noticed the HR monitor had stopped working, I tried resetting, changing the strap tightness, letting it die and recharging and nothing worked, I figured "oh well, I can live without it" but now I've noticed my Charge 2 battery being drained from 100% to nothing in a few hours. I've tried resetting 3 times, turning off all settings that use battery (silent alarms, notifications etc), letting it die and recharging again but nothing seems to work and now I'm left with a useless Fitbit. Ive also noticed a thin black line (almost like the pixels have broken) across the screen about 1/3rd way from the top since I reset the device.

Can anyone help?!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
95 REPLIES 95
Yep, sadly I moved on to another device too.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had this same issue, HR stopped working, HR sensor light very bright and blinking rapidly, lines in the display, and now my display is completely dead.  I don't see myself purchasing another fitbit given the poor reliability of these devices.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What are the other devices?

Jim 
Sent from my iPad

Moderator edit: Removed personal information 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @HeydyF 

I am also having an issue with my Fitbit Charge 2. It sounds the same as many in this thread.

I was on a hike yesterday and all of a sudden the battery drained completely. It has never done this before. When I got home I put it on charge overnight but it only got to 80% charged. I noticed that the green heartrate light was flashing brighter and constantly. Also only one of the lights are flashing most of the time. The bottom one only flashes from time to time. Very different to normal. During my walk to work (25 min), the battery dropped to 30% and has since dropped to 0.

I have reset the Fitbit 3 times. Tried to turn off the heart rate. It is syncing but the heart rate wont turn off. I have cleaned the sensors as much as i can.

Is there a way i can update/redownload the software for the Fitbit. Or is there any other option/fixes you can think of?

Thank you Benj00

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello guys! I'm here to provide assistance with the difficulties experienced with your devices, my apologies for the delay in responding. I'd like to give a warm welcome to our Fitbit Community to @Cm288349 @imauafan @Milkjet @Benj00. Also, it's nice to see you again participating @Lpvancini, welcome back.

@Cm288349 Thanks for the feedback provided, I totally understand how frustrating this situation can be for you. Regarding the battery life of your Charge 2, let me share with you that the battery of this specific model was designed to last 5 days, however, this also depends on how frequently you use its features. That said, please check our help article: Can I improve my Fitbit device's battery life? and let me know how it goes. Regarding the heart rate data that is not being recorded, I recommend you to take a look to this help article and take in consideration all the information and steps that are specified there. Same for you @imauafan, please restart your device to resolve the display situation.  

@Lpvancini Thanks for bringing this to my attention, prior moving to another device, you tried some troubleshooting steps? If not, you can give a try to the steps that were posted above and let me know how it goes. 

@Milkjet I was unable to understand your question, seems that you were replying to another user that was participating on this thread. To avoid any confusion, I recommend you to use "@" when replying to another user. Let me know if you have any additional questions. 

@Benj00 Thank you for troubleshooting this matter prior posting, your patience and effort are appreciated. I'd like to let you know that I've contacted our Customer Support team regarding your concern to receive further assistance directly with them. That said, please keep an eye to your email for their contact, they'll be in touch with you soon. In the meantime they get in touch with you, let me know if you have any additional questions and I'll gladly assist you with all of them.

I'll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RicardoFitbit I saw that article, but it is not at all helpful. I’ve had my Charge 2 for a year and a half and am using it the same way I always have been. It is an issue with the device. I fully charge it and the battery drains - sometimes before my 8 hour work day is over. I’ve tried resetting and it still won’t pick up my heart rate. I’ve been leaving it on the charger overnight and it will still be dead within 24 hours.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Perhaps my reply belongs on a different thread but I'll post it here.   I initially replied to this thread because the battery draining very rapidly was my first symptom that something was wrong with my Charge 2 and then later on the heart rate stopped working shortly before the display died.  I've read troubleshooting articles and the advice in those articles did not bring my charge 2 back to life.  The last article was to connect the C2 to the USB charging cable and the usb connection to a computer and then press and hold the button for 10-12 seconds.  I did this multiple times with no success.  The charge 2 would vibrate briefly which tells me part of it is still alive but the display is dead.

Best Answer
0 Votes
There is a great issue at hand, and Fitbit refuses to acknowledge it. Something is faulty in these devices.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue since yesterday. During a short run (8 x 2 minutes) and a walk of 30 minutes my battery died. When starting it was charged for 55%.

When I came home I charged it for a few hours, but the Fitbit would not start. Restarting my Fitbit Charge 2 did not work. It cost me several tries to have it restarted. 

When restarted the batterij was only filled for 10%. I read the tips about the battery, and switched off the necessary things (all day sync etc. etc.).

The whole night my device was plugged in to charge. This morning at 07:30 it was charged for 100%. When arriving at my work one hour later I noticed a small  exclamation mark, and noticed it was only charged for 10%. At 09:00 the device was empty again. 

I had no issues with the heart rate function, but now my device is empty one of the sensors is permanently on. But the device is switched off because it is empty. So I am a bit surprised.

I am using a Fitbit since 2016 and had problems with the wrist band 2 times (so first I got a new one and the second time I took the offer for buying the charger 2 (instead of the charger for free which I had before with the wrist band issues). I got my new FB Charger 2 in september 2017. So I am very very disappointed that my device has the battery issue too. It seems a Fitbit does not have a long lifetime. When I read all the reaction above it seems a common problem of the battery of the FB Charger 2.

Is Fitbit working on this issue?

And is it possible to send me a link for a new Firmware version or something? 

Because a device that is empty within one and a half hour after overnight charging is not making me happy.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My only suggestion as a user is to move to a different vendor, as this company does not want to resolve the issue but to offer you to buy another one with a discount, which is more than buying one at a store. Very disappointed

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I too have had the same issue - my charge 2 went from working perfectly to not registering any heart rate and very quickly draining battery  (no matter how many times I've reset it, let the battery run down and fully recharge, and turn off all extraneous functions) - I've only had it about 8 months, so it's not that it should be that old.  Additionally, I too have a blank pixel line running down the center of the fitbit - I've included the picture for reference.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had these issues and more.  Resets worked initially, but now the device is totally dead.

Had it for 2 + years, as did my brother (Christmas gifts).  His is practically dead too.  It is funny to get "low battery" e-mails and weekly updates of my activity (with all zeros).  Other issues included difficulty syncing and crazy activity numbers (like a sudden 8,000 - step addition while I was sitting on the couch).

Most likely will switch to another device/company as someone else mentioned in this support thread.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys! I'm here to continue providing assistance, my apologies for the delay in responding. A warm welcome to our Community Forums @Sorbotrol @cuisinartkings @Pat_T109. Also, thanks for your replies @Cm288349 @imauafan @ldelapaz @Lpvancini.

For everyone who's experiencing this situation, I'd like to share that the battery life of our Charge 2 device was designed to last 5 days, however and as previously mentioned on my previous post, this also depends on how frequently its features are used. That said, please check our help article: Can I improve my Fitbit device's battery life? and take in consideration the tips that are specified there to prioritize battery life. Also, if the heart rate sensors of your Fitbit devices are not working as the way we designed them, please take a look to our help article: Why don't I see my heart rate on my Fitbit device?. If after taking in consideration both help articles the battery life and heart rate difficulties are still experienced, I recommend you guys to contact our Customer Support team to receive further assistance with your devices.

For any inquiry related to our warranty policies, I suggest to take a look to our policies here. Fitbit is always striving to improve our products and services, therefore, the feedback that is submitted on your posts here at the Community Forums is appreciated, such information help us a lot to evaluate our procedures as a reference. 

I'll be here if any of you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's because they don't actually want your existing one to keep working, this way they can sell you a new one every 1-2 years and keep making profits.  Everything I've bought from fitbit has failed just after the warranty expired and they just offer 25% off replacements.  I would rather pay more for a product that is actually going to last, so I'm looking into other brands/options, tired of fitbit's bull**ahem** products. Basically every forum I've read on this site is about trackers spontaneously quitting after working perfectly fine and it's always 1-2 years after purchase so it's after warranty has expired.  Story after story after story of the same thing.  The troubleshooting steps maybe work for 10% of people and everyone else is sent a 25% off promo email only it's stated as they were referred to the customer service team and most of the time people don't come back to say what the end result was. 

Best Answer
Yes, and Fitbit (the company) just ignore these posts.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I totally agree. I had mine for 14 months. 2 months after the warranty. They offered the 25% deal. Why would I pay more money for a device the company doesnt stand behind. At the price they are charging it should last more than a year. 

Very dissatisfied with fitbit as a company.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again, it's a pleasure to continue assisting, sorry for the delay in responding your posts. Welcome to the Community Forums @dcarney64, also, it's nice to see you again participating @dj5 and @Lpvancini..

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and personal experience with your Fitbit devices and this specific inconvenience, my sincere apologies for this situation. Keep in mind that we are always striving to improve the Fitbit experience with our products and services, therefore, the feedback that is submitted here in the Community Forums is always took into consideration and it's really important for us, therefore, thanks for the feedback that was submitted in each of your posts.

Always refer to our warranty policies for a better understand of how our Customer Support team works when it comes to a warranty-related process. 

I'll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
All I can say I have been burned twice by you customer support. To think I’m going to buy a third one is foolish on my part. Both of my Fitbit’s failed just after 13 months. Just outside you one year warranty. It funny in other countries you are force to have a two year warranty. You would think as goodwill you would have warranty these.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Lpvancini thanks for your post.

The feedback that was shared in your post is appreciated, please check our warranty policies for a better understanding of your case outcome. Also, you can contact our Customer Support team back if you require further assistance with the information that they provided to you.

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
The typical custom response

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer