Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 cracked screen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My screen has cracked on my fit bit. At 1st I thought I was imaging it but now it is pretty evident.

Tried to upload a photo but not able too.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Best Answer
0 Votes
28 REPLIES 28

Hi there, mine too. It started cracking about 2-3 weeks ago, in the heat of the bank holiday weekend, and is now cracked all the way up the screen. Looking online it's apparent that this a fault that has happened with a fair number of charge 2s. I believe if yours is less than a year old you should be able to get a replacement. Mine is 16 months, so I'm going to contact them but not holding out any hope.

Best Answer

Both of you, contact Customer Support.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi

Yes mine is less than a year old. Contacted Customer service as was advised. They were great. Asked to send in photo with ref number. They have said they will replace it.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue and am losing the will to live with the customer support. I stated clearly the issue re the screen but got asked to send a photo of the half loaded screen, then a photo of the damaged band. Then asked twice for my email address having already supplied it! Then asked again where I lived and where I bougt tracker. They just seem to be asking for the same thing over and over to avoid making a decision on the issue. Not impressed so far. 

Best Answer

@Hillsgirl Welcome! Thanks for being part of our Community! Sorry to hear about your damaged Charge 2 screen and your issues with support. Since you are already in contact with Support I can only ask that you provide the information they are requesting. Usually is to determine your warranty status so they can provide options for you. I would also like to know if they were able to you help you?

I look forward to your reply!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just wondering if they were able to help you? I have a cracked screen as well any my Fitbit Charge 2 is 13 month old. Their suggestion for me was that I buy a new one. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, yes they have replaced it in full. Took a bit of repetitive emails but got there eventually. 

Best Answer

Thank you!

Best Answer

I called the service support again, had to email them a picture of the crack and they approved a full replacement. Thank you for your help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Hillsgirl happy to hear that Support was able to help you. 

@AshaD thank you for the update and for letting us know that Support reviewed your case and issued a replacement for you. Hopefully you will be back on track in no time!

I'll be around!

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I bought a Charge 2 as a gift for a friend..  The screen cracked and the fitbit is only 5 months old.  I called customer support, they asked multiple questions and were avoiding answering my questions.  I sent in pictures of the cracked screen and the linked email address. 

Because this is a gift they want to send the warranty link to my friends email and are expecting my friend to follow up with fitbit.  I've asked them to work with me, and they are refusing saying I'm not the owner of the fitbit even though I'm the person who paid for the item.

I'm very frustrated with my customer support experience.  DO NOT BUY THIS ITEM AS A GIFT!

BH

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 2 screen also cracked within 4-5 weeks of use.  I didn't bump it or do anything unusual.  I see this is a pattern with the charge 2.  Some people are getting good responses from fitbit and some seem to have to be really assertive about the problem.  I otherwise love everything about fitbit and the charge 2.  I hope that I won't need to abandon fitbit due to poor service.  I started my case with them and sent pictures, so I will see.

Best Answer
Hello, it's really unfortunate hat such a great product is not designed to
last longer. I had to fight to have mine replaced as the warranty just
expired and I was a very lucky that they did replaced it but it wasn't
easy. If your Charge 2 is under warranty than you should not have any
issues as Fitbit is good with honouring their warranty. Generally, the
screen cracks for no particular reason, some say because of hight
temperatures but that that's not quit true, as I was wearing mine during my
vacation in Mexico in May and it was totally fine but then two month later
it cracked and where I live we don't have extremely hot summers.
Good luck and I hope you get your new device in no time.
--
*Joanna :)*
Best Answer

Hello @lzim, it's nice to have you in the Community for the first time!  Sorry to hear about your damaged Charge 2 screen. As @AshaD mentioned it is best to let our Support team know about the issue so they can provide options for you. Hopefully they will be able to help you.

Keep me posted on the outcome!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you! My replacement arrived yesterday. Very smooth process.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@lzim sorry for the delay in my reply. Really happy to hear that you got a replacement from our Support team and thank you for letting us know that the process was easy to follow as this may help other members in the same situation.

I'll be around!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was recently on holiday in sunny Spain, during the holiday the screen in my Fitbit 2 developed a larger crack running vertically through the whole screen. Is it a coincidence that a friend of mine had the exact thing happen to her Fitbit 2 whilst in holiday in Cyprus?? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My screen is cracked and crazed. Can you get replacement screens? J

Best Answer
0 Votes

They were excellent with mine replacement arrived today. 

Best Answer
0 Votes