Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not getting call or text notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For some reason my Fitbit Charge 2 is no longer displaying my phone calls or text messages. I'm getting no notifications. It's as though it's not connected to my phone any longer.  It was working fine up until a couple weeks ago. Is there some setting I need to check that I may have inadvertently changed either on my Fitbit or on my Iphone? Not sure if the IOS upgrade on my Iphone or the upgrade to my Fitbit affected this some how. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey @Sallee, it is cool to see you around more often! Ok, first of all I'd like you to make sure that the notifications are ON on your tracker. To do that, press and hold the side button on the Charge 2 itself to turn them on or off. Maybe you deactivated that option by mistake. 

If you still not getting notifications, let me know. 😉 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
65 REPLIES 65

Hey @Sallee, it is cool to see you around more often! Ok, first of all I'd like you to make sure that the notifications are ON on your tracker. To do that, press and hold the side button on the Charge 2 itself to turn them on or off. Maybe you deactivated that option by mistake. 

If you still not getting notifications, let me know. 😉 

Best Answer

Notifications not working on iPhone. Notifications is on Try toresync and it fails 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much.  That was exactly the problem.  I figured I accidentally turned something off that should have be on, but wasn't sure what.  Thanks again!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem; your listed solution fixed it! Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I am wondering why I am not getting notifications example calls , texts , that type of thing let me know 

Best Answer

Hey guys! @RobEissler and @Sallee! Thanks for your reply! Sounds pretty great that your Charge 2 is getting notifications again. If you have further questions or comments, let me know! 😉 

@Lauramilne and @PrincipalMJ, if the notifications are ON on the tracker itself, but you are not getting them, please take a look at the steps below: 

WHY ARE NOTIFICATIONS DELAYED OR MISSING? 

Notifications skip or stop occasionally for several reasons that don't suggest a problem with your device or the Fitbit app.
Your phone was too far away. It must be within 30 feet of your Fitbit device to transmit the notification.
For texts, you have the conversation open on your phone. Your Fitbit device shows new texts you haven't already read.
You changed a related setting on your phone, such as turning on Do Not Disturb, Quiet hours, or Driving mode. To double check all requirements, see How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device?
You're using another Bluetooth product. If you have Bluetooth products like speakers, headsets, or car stereos paired to your phone along with your Fitbit device, you may have trouble using more than one at the same time. For example, turning on your speaker might stop your phone from sending a notification or syncing. For more information, see Is the Fitbit app interfering with other Bluetooth devices?
The connection between your phone and Fitbit device is unstable. Bluetooth signals are susceptible to disconnecting or dropping occasionally. If you have an Android phone, check the following:
- Make sure Enable Notification Widget is on. You can find this with the other notification settings in the Fitbit app.
- Make sure Always Connected is on. This improves your Bluetooth connection but also drains your - Fitbit device's battery more quickly. Turn it off and on as you prefer.
The app that should send the notification can't do so. Check all the phone and Fitbit app requirements in How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device? Your device was syncing. Syncing can sometimes prevent or delay a notification.

You just updated the Fitbit app. Restart your phone and try setting up notifications again.

HOW DO I TROUBLESHOOT NOTIFICATIONS?

If you've reviewed the list above and can't get notifications to work, try the following tasks.

VERIFY THAT YOUR PHONE IS RECEIVING NOTIFICATIONS

Make sure your phone is set to receive notifications. For more information, see How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device?

FORCE QUIT THE FITBIT APP

If notifications aren’t working, force quit the Fitbit app and reopen it to sync your Fitbit device.

Notifications should work as expected after your device syncs. If they don't, continue with the next task.

RESET BLUETOOTH

Turn off Bluetooth on your phone.
Wait 10 seconds, and then turn it back on.
Open the Fitbit app to sync your Fitbit device.
Notifications should work as expected after your device syncs. If they don't, continue with the next task.

RESTART YOUR FITBIT DEVICE

Restart your device. For more information, see How do I restart my tracker?
Open the Fitbit app to sync your Fitbit device.

REFRESH NOTIFICATIONS

From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account icon User-added imageTap Notifications.
Turn off all notifications
Restart your phone.
Open the Fitbit app and turn notifications back on.

SET UP NOTIFICATIONS AGAIN

Tell your phone to "forget" your device, removing the connection between the phone and the Fitbit device.
On your phone, go to Settings > Bluetooth and find your Fitbit device in the list.
Find an option to forget the device.
Open the Fitbit app and set up notifications again.

Let me know how it goes guys! 

Best Answer
I found that my notifications switch was off, so I turned it on, but I have an iPhone X, and it isn’t listed as capable. I am not getting notifications on my Charge 2. Is an update in the works so that I will? Thanks.

Rob Eissler
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I turned on my notifications (thanks for the guidance), but found that my iPhone X doesn't enable notifications, that I can tell.  That is probably why I am not getting them.  Is FitBit going to include the X?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Notifications are not coming to my Fitbit charge 2 only to my iPhone I’ve turned notifications etc on but not working ? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is not receiving calls and texts either did you manage to sort yours? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I get them off everyone except my Brov whose also got one ?!?!?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I will figure it out haha thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! I didn’t even know that was an option on the Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My notifications are on,,and on on my phone, still getting none on the fitbit!!

Best Answer

my charge 2 stopped receiving notifications from my messages and email....have tried all the trouble shooting tips...and still not working 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me!  I’ve been researching for days and tried everything. I can’t believe this is the only time anyone’s told us what the button on the side does. Ha ha!  I even tried that, but guess I didn’t hold it down long enough.  Thank you so much!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is explained in your Charge 2 user manual. 

Best Answer

Followed your advise to press and hold button on tracker device.  It said notification on but it still does not notify Z. I have a Charhe 2.  I noticed that this happens every time U charge.  But this time I’m not getting notifications after trying the suggestion you gave a previous user

Best Answer
0 Votes

I went through all the steps listed below and still no notifications. In my case the issue was that I moved the fitbit app to my SD card. Once I moved it back to the phone memory, the notifications started working again!

Best Answer