Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not tracking sleep stages

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Had my charge2 for a week and it won’t track the deep sleep rem and the stages it to track when I’m sleeping.   What do I do to fix it. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
448 REPLIES 448

I have had my charge 2 sleep stages work consistenly for more than a month now after I resolved the issue. I wouldnt know when it breaks again, fingers crossed but I wanted to respond to the users currently experiencing the issue.

While I am not certain I have a permanent solution. I would think logically if it has worked once for you, it has to work again and consistently at that. No matter what fitbit support says or low bp or atrial fibrillation, I see no reason to back off on that logic.

Iike I mentioned in my earlier post, you can try two things

1) Please have someone else wear it for a night ( after a reset) and see if that works for them.. if yes it means your tracker is capable of recording stages. If it doesnt, well I would try resetting again and wearing one hole looser by that someone else.

2) Wear it yourself one night and see if it resets and records yours. I believe the contact point is certainly an issue. so if it does not the first night, I am positive it would help to wear one hole looser and that should most likely fix your issue.

Hope it helps.

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Done all those things and my fitbit works on my wife but not on me. It has been like that ever since I bought it nd that was 16 months ago and it has never worked on me. I can only put it down to my atrial fibrillation. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for all the info folks

It seems (and I don't know how or why) that my Charge 2 now records sleep stages pretty consistently (6 out of 7 sleeps). It could have been an update but am happy they are back!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Definitely a software update error. I tried the “accepted solution “-will see if that fixes it. If not I expect the software team will have it fixed shortly. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for your input.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I doubt it will ever be fixed. If you have atrial fibrillation you either forget it and accept you will never get REM,DEEP SLEEP etc or you look for another brand that will give you these things. I have never had it in 16 months and my charge 2 works properly when my wife wears it so I am settling for the standard sleep graphs because the other benefits of the charge 2 outweigh this deficiency for me. Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Mikeah,

Bummer-  that’s too bad you’re having that problem with Fitbit, because mine did reset and it’s working now. Our body chemistry’s are all different, so I’m not surprised to hear Fitbit works for one person and not the other. My husband has the same problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for visiting the forums. I apologize for the delayed response and will be able to assist with your sleep stages inquiry. 

You can check the reminder @JuanFitbit shared with us on his post. This is not related with the device you use to sync your Charge 2. 

I appreciate your comments and input regarding this matter. Our team works to improve the products in order to get the proper function of the devices.

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah none of these qork

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has anyone had the issue resolved based on the inputs I have provided. My tracker has been consistently recording it with no issues so far for almost 4 months now. I only tested once that wearing it tighter disrupted the readings. 

A reset, another user for a one night use and then wearing it one hole looser was my solution. I would love to hear it worked for someone else too.

Best Answer

Mine started working correctly about 8 hours after the update; and yes, I used the suggestions you listed 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thats wonderful to know. Hopefull it works for many others too. Thanks for letting me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope, never works. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nothing has worked for me since I got my first charge 2 . That was 18 months
ago. I have resigned myself to the fact that if you have atrial fibrillation
you will only ever get the old sleep information.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried all these things and nothing works.
I have reset, moved up on wrist, tightened, losing, since Fitbit started
giving sleep scores mine just records hours slept and they are wrong.
--

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nothing has changed for me. Still extremely frustrating and disappointing

--
Karen
Best Answer
0 Votes

To Karen Paula and Mikeah, Sorry to hear it is not working the way it should.  I wanted to see if I could help you one step at a time. 

Did you try having someone else wear it for a night after doing a reset?  

Mikeah - I wouldnt know about atrial fibrillation and its impact. But same question to you. Have you had someone else try using it ?

On a sidenote, to be honest, even with the detailed stages the info is merely indicative. I have had nights when I almost didnt sleep at all and it still recorded stages. But I agree its frustrating to have something not work at all like itshould. 

For starters, we would want to know if atleast it works on someone else.

Have you guys tried having someone else wear it after a reset ? For starters we would need to have the tracker atleast get the readings once .

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Mine has also quit working for the past week. Did all your suggestions , didn’t help. I use the advanced tracking to monitor my sleep apnea, need it back please.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 2 is not doing the sleep stages now since 31 August I have re set move from life hand to right ect 

Dora bowler
Best Answer
0 Votes

I loosened it another notch and I am back on track thank you
--

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes