Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 replacement face

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I need a new face cover for my charge 2. Cracked the old one. Where do I purchase one?

Best Answer
38 REPLIES 38

My fitbit cracked last week and Fitbit has not been helpful what so ever. Those of you who have gotten replacements how have you done so? I have chatted in several times and called and been told "normal wear and tear" isnt covered and that "impacts" are not covered. I have had my Charge 2 for just over a month, I work a desk job and have not impacted it on anything, I woke up last week and had a cracked screen. I have really lost faith with this company and their products and the only answer I have received is we want you to spend more money with us. Very frustrating!

Best Answer
My Fitbit was just 4 months old when I cracked it tapping it with my fingernail. I called the support number and they sent me a new one which arrived today. I was very happy with their customer support. I had to send them a photo of the crack. They were very helpful.
Best Answer
The same scenario for me too. Great customer service.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm just back from a two week holiday, whilst there my screen cracked due to the change in temperature. I emailed customer services and explained this, making sure they knew it was the heat and of no fault of mine as nowhere on there site does it say anything about temperature. So I presumed it was safe to wear. They emailed back saying this is a common issue. Anyway, they are sending me a new one, I've e just had confirmation that it's been dispatched. During the email conversation they did offer me 50% discount on another product or a replacement. Now I'm wishing I had chosen the discount after reading all the comments

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too had a cracked face on my charge 2 Fitbit.  I worked with Fitbit thru on line chat and they replaced it for free.  I sent a picture of the crack and its my belief this may be a manufacturing defect since all the cracks I've seen are very similar.  They were very helpful and made no attempt to place blame. Customer Service was great.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I originally had the charger hr I got for Christmas 2 years ago and the band broke was happy they replaced it but the replacement one I had just under a year and it just stopped working I was finding also that the screen between the light sensor for me on both cracked when I contacted them about it I was verry pleased that they replaced it with the charger 2 because the hr was discontinued I have only had this charge 2 under 6months and it just started to vibrate nonstop and unfortunately I was told that they would not replace it I truly loved the charg2 becaus of the heart rate I had  a heart attack 2 years ago at 30 and other problems wich cause my heart rate to rise and it was nice to be able to monitor it.

I did get offended a small discount for the flex2 but it's just not the same and as a single mom of 3 I could barely manage having to get that one 

But over all I really love Fitbit and would recommend them to everyone 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately mine has done the same. I contacted support team and they informed me that they weren’t going to replace it but gave me a 25% discount on getting another one. I really loved the charge 2 Fitbit but don’t think I’d get another as I see this is a common problem.

46B9BEC2-806F-41FF-9EB3-6450ED5B6CF5.jpeg

Best Answer

What is the customer service number?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

1-877-623-4997.  You need to send phots of your broken part so they can look at the damage 

Best Answer

Thanks so much....I called and followed their instructions and a new fitbit is on it's way at no charge.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yay!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing happened to my Charge 2. Screen was cracked vertically on the right side (and the band suddenly broke and popped off my wrist.) I called the support number 1-877-623-4997 and followed their instructions to write down the case number, photograph the damage in both cases (screen, band) and since I was still in the warranty period (bought in July 2018, broke in April 2019) they are sending me new ones.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My Grandkids bought me my Fitbit for my birthday last year ,I’m an pretty active 62 year old , I’ve cracked the face in two places & wonder if I could purchase an replacement face ? Instructions on how to replace the face would help as well , Thanks . Best Regards Jim Mc Donald
Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't even find a way to contact fitbit. My charge 2 isn't even 2 years old and the screen cracked about 4 months ago, now it won't even charge at all. And I wasn't even wearing it when it cracked. I put it on the charger for the night and when I got up in the morning there was a long crack down the center. If they don't do something about it this will be my last fitbit and I will blast this all over social media. Not a happy customer!! Did you end up getting anything resolved and where can I find a number to call??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here's the number I called 1-877-623-4997. I was in the first year when mine cracked. I followed their instructions and they sent me a new one. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nope nothing resolved, they informed me I wasn’t able to get a replacement and they could only give me a 25% discount on purchasing other one

Katrina White
Best Answer
0 Votes

The same has happened to mine, 😢

Best Answer
0 Votes
This is sad when they don’t replace anyone’s face because every defect is the same and they only replace when warranty exists and they KNOW this is a manufacturing defect and are selling them still the customers without informing the public of the manufacturing problem!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I have just noticed today that my Fitbit's face has cracked from top to bottom. While it's tempting to consider a new purchase or to see if FitBit would offer a replacement, I'm trying to be more ecologically-minded in the light of the climate emergency. FitBit, how will you respond to our combined humanitarian duty to lessen plastic and electronic waste? As I write this, the G7 are meeting in Cornwall, with leaders welcomed by this sculpture of electronic waste: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-57406136. It certainly makes a point.

If I am to continue investing in FitBit (and I've had three in the past, plus I have bought two for my husband) I am going to want to see a commitment to recycling, replacement parts and ideally a move away from non-biodegradable plastics. Can you give us such a commitment?

PS for other UK residents landing on this forum, googling has taken me to a third party screen replacement service for the cost of £40. Not cheap, but still cheaper than a new piece, and better for the environment?

Best Answer