Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 screen has cracked

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello everyone just wondering if anyone has had issues with the screen, i woke up and saw mine has a big deep scratch and totally bizarre unknown how! Ive been careful and vigilant of it and most certain hasnt hit or touched anything as its on my wrist and i would have felt it. Ive been told its a weak screen but this is dissapointing only had it 4 weeks. Totally puts me of it now

Best Answer
588 REPLIES 588
Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I bought mine through Amazon (still registered with Fitbit), and is no longer under warranty. If you buy your Fitbit from another source, it is my understanding that you are SOL. I could be wrong. I have been a really long time Fitbit customer and user. I would think that my record as a Fitbit owner would count for something. Oh well!
Best Answer
Agree 100%

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just a simple question:  Why is the Europe warranty 24 months and the US only 12?  Also wonder if you are paying attention to this reoccurring issue and plan to reconsider the policy.

Sometimes what you have in place isn't in the best interest of your consumers and doesn't reflect the true useful life of a product. 

Through direct customer feedback you must realize that as a company it may be prudent for Fitbit to make some changes.  After all you do want customers with good experiences and brand loyalty don't you?

As consumers we are able to recommend a product.  If you are not willing to listen to the mounting feedback about this issue with the Charge 2, those in our circles will.

I do acknowledge that within the 12 month warranty period you have stood by your products.  I have had a tracker replaced that failed about 10 months in.   I also have had another not replaced that failed about 13 months in.  

Now I have another failed tracker that has passed the 12 month warranty (purchased 27-Oct 2016).  Not from misuse or normal wear and tear but, from my perspective, a design flaw.  That Fitbit is not willing to acknowledge (consider?) this is disappointing and the canned/scripted responses don't address the issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cannot believe a company does not manufacture parts for their produces.  So many of us have the same issue and all we get is a sorry or buy a new one.

Someone needs to take ownership in this defect and not have to consumer pay the price.

Best Answer
You are absolutely right.  I can not say much they have been removing my posts.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is a VERY common occurrence and i believe a design flaw. After a year i believe Fitbit washes their hands of any sort of full free replacement. Fitbit offered 30% off a replacement ($199), go fly a kite.

Buy it through Staples, they offer a two year plan for $39 cdn in my case. if ANYTHING goes wrong with it, like it, take it back to the store you bought it from and they will exchange it without any fuss. You must have the printed warranty. When you get the new unit, they will offer the protection again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m afraid that is untrue. My charge 2 is still within warranty and they are refusing to replace. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Posted it and they removed my post.  I have a note saying they have been awareOf the problem and trying to fix. But, tough s__ht for those of us who currently have one.  They play the warranty card.  Not warranty issue, but flawed unit.  Will not stand behind product.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am not in the habit of lying they have emailed me bk this morning with a link to replace identical or change to a different one and pay 50%

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
Was it still under warranty?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was responding to this from the moderator:

As mentioned before the Support team will replace tracker that are within the Warranty but if your device is outside this period they won't be able to replace it. Still the discount is offered to help users but it is up to you to make use of this.

My Fitbit is still within warranty and I am only being offered 25% off a (3rd) replacement. I think that it is unacceptable that they are not standing behind their obligations to customers. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes that's why they are going to replace it now

Best Answer
0 Votes

My sister in law had the vertical screen split as well.  Top to bottom, as if the screen had been pressurized from the inside and cracked.  How did it happen?  She went for a run.  Never hit it, never abused it, did not trip or fall or bang it on a door or anything.  Went out, it was fine - finished her run, and it was cracked.

This and the dozens of other stories exactly like this have made me very leery of Fitbit.  The app is great- the hardware is lacking.  I have a Zip - and I was hoping to find a more advanced tracker to upgrade.  But it seems I cannot trust Fitbit.

The worst part is that Fitbit refuses to admit there is a problem.  After Soooo many cases with exactly the same failure, it seems obvious.  Step up and win our trust again Fitbit.

For now, I am shopping elsewhere.  😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit have now accepted that my charge 2 is within warranty - BUT -  they say they have “concluded that the crack is not a manufacturing defect which our warranty policies are only limited to.” Seriously? It has not been dropped or knocked. So many other people have had this issue. 

Best Answer
This is why I won’t be buying Fitbit. They refuse to acknowledge an
obvious problem. I just can’t trust them!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Apparently they are denying some and warranty others with the same issue — even under the warranty period.

Take what actions you feel you must. Any post they don’t like they delete but that can’t be done on other sites. Just be honest. Mine hasn’t cracked (yet anyway), but I’m severely disappointed in this heavy-handed removal of posts — including my last two and likely this one. How a company handles their mistakes tells you “everything” you need to know about them.

This is my last post on this matter.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Good product, but a giant quality mistake, my guess they make it right or are done.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
This whole thing should have been handled differently. I wish I ran Fitbits Customer Service Dept! I have the experience to back that up BTW. Yes, my last post as well. Time to change the channel. On to a happy weekend!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Agree

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry to hear how you have been treated. I have the long verticle crack on the right side of my Charge 2 screen. I bought a screen protector for mine. I know this is not acceptable, however, it's working for me.
Best Answer
0 Votes