Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 screen has cracked

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello everyone just wondering if anyone has had issues with the screen, i woke up and saw mine has a big deep scratch and totally bizarre unknown how! Ive been careful and vigilant of it and most certain hasnt hit or touched anything as its on my wrist and i would have felt it. Ive been told its a weak screen but this is dissapointing only had it 4 weeks. Totally puts me of it now

Best Answer
588 REPLIES 588
Glad to hear it. It's all very smooth while you're under warranty. Let us
know when the new screen cracks.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit is also cracked down middle what can I do to get this resolved?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Chris, I'm responding to a post by someone who has said that they have had their Fitbit for less than 10 months.  I understand that you are upset.  And I agree that they really should do something to compensate people who are out of warranty that have broken screens because of a faulty product.  Or extend the warranty for a longer period of time.  But in this case, yes, mine was under warranty and I am trying to help someone whose product is probably still under warranty as well.  I'll be sure to let you know when the new screen cracks.  

To NanaPatry, I think that maybe, once they know your email associated with your account, they can check the serial number of the device and determine when you registered it.  

As a side note, some credit card companies offer extended warranties.  If any of you with older devices bought them with a credit card, it might be worth looking into.  

https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/the-official-nerdwallet-guide-your-credit-cards-extended-warranty-po...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine did the same in a Florida theme park checked the time it was fine pushed the stroller to a show checked the time again and large crack on the left side of the screen but the display part is fine so it’s not impact it was literally from it facing the sun for the 20min trek across the park.  Was told by customer service there isn’t any problem like that even though there seem to be issues in the community forum mine is 1 year 8 months terrible warranty but they did offer to upsale me a new one with a small discount.  I doubt I’ll be buying from Fitbit again.  My band fell apart in the first 6 months but at least it was replaceable.  The original charge and surge bands also fell apart but couldn’t replaced.  It seems they make products to only last up to a he end of the warranty.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems I was a bit hasty in extolling the virtues of Fitbit customer support

I received my new tracker which was waiting for me when I returned from my holiday, but it will not pair with my phone, despite the fact that the previous one of the exact same model worked just fine with it. 

On contacting customer support, they tried to fob me off firstly saying my phone was not a compatible device, secondly that because I didn't buy the tracker directly from Fitbit I couldn't have a refund (well I never asked for a refund, I just wanted a working tracker, but this latest one certainly DID come directly from Fitbit)

I am currently trapped in a never ending round of emails where they constantly waffle and use very positive and apologetic language but they never actually offer to DO anything. 

I am at a loss as to what to do next - I'm still using my cracked Fitbit as it still works OK although it looks a mess, but I have a shiny brand new one sitting there unable to be used as it will not pair to my phone!! Infuriating doesn't come close!

Best Answer
0 Votes
@cagsd
Regarding your inability to pair with your phone. You can ask for the free wireless computer dongle and sync with a computer instead. I don’t know if you have a computer but this method works fine.

My thought on why you could previously pair with your old device is they upgraded software on the new device and now you’re not compatible. With all the required updates on phones and devices it’s a wonder any of this stuff keeps working. If my theory is correct they aren’t being difficult there just isn’t anything they can do for you. They SHOULD have offered you the dongle and explained this to you. Either that or you have to upgrade your phone to a compatible one — likely expensive alternative.

Hope that helps you and good luck!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Oh great that definitely is not good. I’ll keep you posted to what happens when I get my replacement. I did not buy my current one from Fitbit either.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
They are sending me a new one

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same exact thing.  13 months, crack from top to bottom.  Band broke several months ago.  My wife had the exact same issue, even timing.  Thats not accidental.

Best Answer
0 Votes

WOW! I have a crack in mine as well!  Not sure how it happed either. Especially since I wear mine facing inwards.  I guess I am glad to see others with the same problem.  That sounds weird doesn't it?

I think I bought mine off Amazon, and quite a while ago, so, I doubt they would ever honor some kind of warranty with mine.  I did put a screen protector on it and that has made me feel a little better about it at least. Still wondered what I did to crack it though.

Wonder why they don't just fess up to the flaw?  You know, like an operating system upgrade.  They tell you what it fixes or replaces. I would be so bothered about it, and would not have returned mine, however, a heads up would have been great. Still love mine, but gosh, guys.

Best Answer
Contact them and customer service can determine when you connected your Fitbit. Luckily mine was still under warranty.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys, I appreciate you are sharing your comments, experiences and feedback. Please note that we take them all into consideration. 

I understand that most of you are feeling a little concerned about this. Please note that our team is aware of this and always taking your feedback into consideration. But also, keep in mind that Fitbit warranty applies in many cases. Your options change of course, depending on how long have you had your Charge 2 and your country of residence, but our team always try to look for an option that might help you out and get you back on track. As you have been told, the discount applies towards the purchase of other Fitbit product, which is also another good option for you to try. 

I'm sorry to see that some of you have decided to leave the Fitbit family, but if you have further questions or comments, don't hesitate to contact us back. 

I'll be around folks! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

The discount offered on a new one currently matches the same discounts available from the big box stores ala Walmart, target, and Best Buy.  That doesn’t make those of us that have bought into the Fitbit products any less upset at the paultry warranty and the devices failing in the same fashion just outside of said lousy warranty.  As the consumer we shouldn’t be charged to beta test and durability test Fitbit’s products.  I still have my original pebble Smartwatch it still works, and you know what the band has never had a single issues falling apart like several Fitbit models have and the display has not even a scratch let alone cracking while pushing a stroller in a theme park.  And yes I know Fitbit has purchased pebbles tech so they should be producing a product on par. The apologetic language and pitiful discounts in the store for the same products that fail just outside the warranty is inexcusable.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks I got my replacement and was able to connect it with no problem. I appreciate the excellent customer service given to me.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

If Fitbit really cared about their image they would extend the warranty period for this specific issue to two years.  Offering a "discount" toward what a person with this problem clearly understands is yet another potentially "defective" product is not helpful (irritating really), and honestly, it makes those of us who do not have the problem (yet anyway) not want to trust the company.   I've recommended the Charge2 to several friends who bought it on my recommendation.   IF this problem is limited in scope -- as I've read others from Fitbit post -- then it's cheap Public Relations goodwill.  So far my screen has been fine.  However I'm getting concerned about my battery life.  Two years is my reasonable expectation on any electronic device less than $200.  I have an old iPod that is 7 years old and while the battery is no longer stellar it does reasonably well -- larger battery and more expensive product but that's my gold standard.  2 years for a Fitbit Charge 2 isn't to long to expect.   Come on!  Help us help you!  Happy customers are repeat buyers and WE SHARE our experiences!  (not just on this thread!)

Best Answer

My fit bit did the same thing. It has a scratch down the middle and I don't remember hitting anything. I just noticed it when I was in the sun and my wrist was a certain way.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Proudmomof2ab Welcome! It's nice to have you on board! 

As mentioned before the Support team will replace tracker that are within the Warranty but if your device is outside this period they won't be able to replace it. Still the discount is offered to help users but it is up to you to make use of this. 

@NanaPatry really happy to hear that you got a replacement from Support!

@Proudmomof2ab the best thing to do is let our support team know about the issue so they can assist you with this. You will get an email from them.

I'll be around!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This happened to me a few months ago looked like a scratch then it cracked all the way down put a plastic protector on it and it has kept it waterpoof-ish. I did contact them but they said that it was accidental damage but obvs it is a manufacturing issue, apart from that in 13 months I am now on my 4th bracelet my first 2 broke within 6 months I purchased a leather one but unfortunately it is plastic inside and it broke today and it fell off my wrist and for how expensive they are the pink leather wore off very quickly. Previously had a flex which I loved but because charge 2 has a watch thought it would save me wearing both but unfortunately cant see the display in the sun.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Honestly, I feel bad for the FitBit employees that have to deliver these
absurd messages. Most people in customer service want to help the
customer. But a business decision has been made that FitBit will make more
$ selling upgrades than it will lose by a deplorable customer treatment.
Maybe more of a gamble than a decision.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Too true if it was an unusual issue there wouldn’t be so many posts in this forum.  It’s yet another design flaw.  The charge, charge hr and surge all had bands that failed around the year mark and weren’t replaceable.  The charge 2 also had a band that split at the device, somethings don’t change.  The common response was that it’s not an issue your using it wrong don’t cook while wearing it.  If multiple people have the same usage defect it’s not that everyone should deny their experience because Fitbit is this utopia and does no wrong.  We should be able to expect a minimum of 2 years out of a wearable barring of course damage caused by smashing the device.  Several devices with the same mode of failure is not user error or user destruction but yet another design flaw. And Fitbit keeps saying we offer a discount we offer a discount.  After 1.5 years I shouldn’t be expected to buy the same device knowing it will fail in this fashion a little over a year later.  Or buy another device again with a small discount and take a gamble that it’s even larger display won’t have the same issue.   Wait user misuse, they don’t break in the box just when worn and facing the sun.  It’s not like it’s a watch or anything.

Best Answer