Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 screen has cracked

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello everyone just wondering if anyone has had issues with the screen, i woke up and saw mine has a big deep scratch and totally bizarre unknown how! Ive been careful and vigilant of it and most certain hasnt hit or touched anything as its on my wrist and i would have felt it. Ive been told its a weak screen but this is dissapointing only had it 4 weeks. Totally puts me of it now

Best Answer
588 REPLIES 588
Totally agree with you.
Best Answer

I’ve had the same thing happen with my Charge2.  I couldn’t remember hitting it or dropping it and suddenly there was a huge Y shaped crack in the screen soon after I bought it.  I blamed myself until I happened to put a Fitbit charger in one central spot in the house that everyone in the family could use without going up to their bedrooms. It was then that I noticed that the screens of the four other Fitbit users in my household all had similar cracks. We’d purchased the trackers for the whole family and I wear mine all the time. My husband rotates watches and the kids use theirs on an off since they often rely on their phones for the time etc. Between the five of us, with our varying levels of use, I think I can safely say that we didn’t all carelessly damage our screens and earn these cracks.  I think it is some sort of stress crack.

I came to this site to troubleshoot my husband’s HR monitor which has just stopped working and stumbled across these posts.  Looks like I have to call Fitbit Customer Service too. 🙄

Best Answer
I have had my Fitbit since August of 2016. I have never hit my screen on
anything and I have been so careful with it. They won't do anything about
it except offer me another one at a discounted price. I just put a screen
cover on mine and I probably won't buy another one after this one dies.
Best Answer
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

No way would I ever buy another. My husband and I must have owned 8-10 of these. They all broke one way or another. 

Best Answer
Yes, it is a real issue. I've moved to a Charge 3, which doesn't
apparently suffer from the same problem, and I'm very happy with it. I
bought it new on eBay for $50. Don't ask don't tell.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I had mine for almost three years before it did the crack down the middle
and I knew that since mine was beyond the warranty they would do nothing
about it unfortunately. I still wear mine right now but in order to protect
it I put one of those little plastic screensavers on it. Not really sure
what else to do at this moment but I don't think I'll ever buy another one.
Best Answer
Hi, i am now on my second one also after the first one was replaced via Argos under warranty but 15 months later I find that the screen has cracked on this one also!! Really disappointed and upset so after much careful thought I have decided to run this model as long as it works then switch to a company that has more respect for their customers views and issues. To put it bluntly, I will never buy or recommend Fitbit in the future!    Perhaps there are other people who feel the same way. 
Stay safe 😘

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
Hi, like you I am upset that Fitbit refuse to acknowledge that they have a flaw in their product. I have decided not to recommend or purchase any of their products in the future, perhaps you feel the same? 
Stay safe 👍

Best Answer
I totally agree with you, and I have decided that I will never recommend or purchase any of their products in the future. 
Stay safe 👍 

Best Answer
😂😂
Best Answer
0 Votes
Get replaced, before warranty runs out!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine is 4 years old.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I noticed a crack on my wifes’ fitbit2 screen last week. She’s had it over 2 years now, so it’s out of warranty, but there don’t seem to be any ways to get the screen replaced!? 

It still works, just not legible clearly and the crack makes it susceptible to moisture etc.

Rather than promote throw-away-snd-replace culture, we would prefer to get it repaired. 

Anyone with any experience getting a screen replacement as fitbit seem quite complacent about just shoving new products down peoples throats every 4-6 months!?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine started to crack just after 1 year. I will not buy another one, since this is the second one that it has happened to. It still works, so I am using it cracked.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, I must admit that I don't know if the screens can be replaced.  My second one is cracked but still working. Despite all the messages and complaints Fitbit have never responded to say what steps they are putting in place to prevent theses cracks and breakages and I am resigned to using mine as long as possible before transferring to another make such as Garmin. 
Hope you find a solution to your question 
Julie 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It beggars belief that if claims were made in ‘16 already that they would keep the product on the market over 1 year and not take action to appease problems!? 

It’s not like we are talking about paper plates or something. Watches are hardly a throw-away “just get a new one” type of items.

Sure, straps can wear out. Happens.

But when there is a regular manufacturing quality error in such regularity, the product either needs recalling or screens need replacing beyond the standard warranty of 1-2 years.

Look at automobile companies! When Toyota realised the brake defect a few years back they recalled hundreds of thousands of vehicles! Not because they legally were obliged to necessarily in every circumstance, but because it was the right thing to do.

All that can be taken from the comments here is that fitbit products should be avoided. Goes to show that they are just a product pushing racket squeezing customers with substandard quality. 

Disappointing. 

Best Answer
Mine is still cracked and has been for quite some time. I just put one of
those clear plastic screen saver things on it and it's been ok.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Been there - I worked through two of them. Get a Fitbit Charge 3. You
won't regret it. I bought a new one on Ebay for $50 and also needed to buy
a strap. Much better than the 2.
Regards / Derm
Best Answer
0 Votes

And... it has officially been replaced by something a lot more capable with (most likely) better support. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes