Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 won't charge

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Have had the Charge 2 for maybe 30 days.  Noticed last night that nothing was coming up and the phone said the battery was dead.  Forgot to take the charging cable to work so started charging after dinner.  Was on the charger for a bit and noticed that it still was unresponsive.  I plugged it into the phone charger for a bit and let it charge.  Still nothing.

Did some research and saw the hold for four seconds so tried that.  Got the logo, a shake and it looked good.  Clicked again and got the battery symbol with nothing so I let it sit and charge. 

Checked a while later and now the battery was full, but with hashed lines.  Reset it again and now the battery was empty again.  Repeated several times.

Tried the chat line for support and got bounced and then dropped with a message that they were closed.  Will call tomorrow.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
50 REPLIES 50

My charge 2 isn’t charging. Tried everything I could find on these blogs. Held the button down for 30 seconds. Used wall socket and kept it in charging mode overnight. Still nothing on the display. Nothing worked. It is still dead. Please help!

Best Answer
What I found is that you can ONLY plug the USB portion of the charger into your computer – NOT A WALL SOCKET. I now have several chargers for my 1 fitbit because it was never working…. But they are actually all the same. They won’t charge from plugging them into something that has amore powerful rate of electricity than a laptop computer. I also don’t think it will work with an apple computer because they have a different USB port. Let me know if this works for you and if you still think you need a new charger.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes

I should have mentioned, I tried connecting it to my windows laptop as well. Still no luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I guess it's time to complain to customer service and see if they will send you a new fitbit.  If you have already done that, ask me to give youone of my chargers....

Best Answer

I've never used the PC port, since I don't have a working PC.

I use a 2000 mAh wall charger or a portable phone charging pack

Best Answer
0 Votes
And have those 2 sources consistently worked for you in charging your fitbit?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes
No, nothing has worked so far...
Best Answer

Don't know if you ever got your Fitbit Charge 2 to charge again or not, but here is what worked for me that I didn't see in any posts on how to resolve.  I had a spare charger that I kept at work in case I needed to charge the fitbit there.  Since my Fitbit was no longer working and none of the suggestions worked, I brought it home, and on a whim tried it - and it worked - my Fitbit started charging and fully charged up.  I tried hooking up the old charger (the one I kept at home), and nothing.  So from this, I assumed that the CHARGER was the issue, not the Fitbit itself. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, Same problem.  I got in touch with Customer Service.  After verifying that I received my Fitbit as a gift, they simply said tough luck - we cannot help you.  Your Fitbit is not under warranty.  Then they offered me a coupon link to purchase another one. Gee thanks Fitbit.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yep. Fitbit has some serious hardware problems.
Best Answer
0 Votes