Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 won't charge

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Have had the Charge 2 for maybe 30 days.  Noticed last night that nothing was coming up and the phone said the battery was dead.  Forgot to take the charging cable to work so started charging after dinner.  Was on the charger for a bit and noticed that it still was unresponsive.  I plugged it into the phone charger for a bit and let it charge.  Still nothing.

Did some research and saw the hold for four seconds so tried that.  Got the logo, a shake and it looked good.  Clicked again and got the battery symbol with nothing so I let it sit and charge. 

Checked a while later and now the battery was full, but with hashed lines.  Reset it again and now the battery was empty again.  Repeated several times.

Tried the chat line for support and got bounced and then dropped with a message that they were closed.  Will call tomorrow.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Yes I have tried different ports (three different ones) and a phone charger.  I also got back in touch with support and they decided that it needed to be replaced.  Thanks to all for your help.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
50 REPLIES 50

I would get back in touch with support. They will help you

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

By chance have you tried a different port on your computer ro see if it helps at all?

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community @ahlawson3, hope you're doing great today! Smiley Very Happy Have you tried what @WendyB suggested? If the issue persists, test the solutions below:

Problem Solution
The contacts on the tracker or charging cable are dirty. Dust and debris can accumulate over time and prevent a charge. Clean the charging contacts using the instructions in How do I clean my tracker?
The USB port or outlet is faulty. If you haven't done so, try a different port. A UL-certified wall charger will also work. Don't use a USB hub.
The tracker isn’t connected securely to the charging cable. Check the alignment and try reconnecting your tracker to the charging cable. For illustrations and tips on how to know if the connection is secure, see How do I charge my tracker?
The tracker is malfunctioning. When in doubt, it doesn't hurt to turn your tracker off and back on. For instructions see  How do I restart my tracker?

Keep us posted! Smiley Very Happy

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Yes I have tried different ports (three different ones) and a phone charger.  I also got back in touch with support and they decided that it needed to be replaced.  Thanks to all for your help.

Best Answer

hi, I'm having the same issue I think. It's only about a week or 2 old, but today my Charge 2 decided it wouldn't charge! I've tried 2 different ports (2 different computers too) & tried to reset it. The display is saying the battery is empty, & I get the initial vibration & battery icon showing up for a second when I plug it in, but I don;t get anything when I try to reset it.

I've brushed off the charging cable & the fitbit where they join, but still no response.

I'll leave it plugged in overnight & keep my fingers crossed. Prior to this it worked fine & held a charge for several days until I charged it Saturday. Today is Monday & the battery is showing empty, but I thought I just didn;t charge it long enough.

Is there a way to check if it is charging during the process?

thanks.

Is there any

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good news @ahlawson3Smiley Very Happy I'm glad to hear that our support team is sending you a new buddy. Don't forget that you can set up your new tracker as a replacement so you won't lose any previous data by following these steps:

1. On the Fitbit app for Android dashboard, tap the menu icon in the top left corner.
  2. Tap Devices.
  3. Tap the + icon in the top right corner.
  4. If you're replacing a tracker, tap the tracker you want to replace. If you're setting up a new tracker, tap Add a new Device.
  5. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue.

Hey you @SunsetRunner, thanks for stopping by! While the tracker charges, you can tap it to check the battery level. A fully charged tracker shows a solid battery icon.

If the steps we've provided don't work, please reach out Fitbit Customer Support so they can do a deeper investigation and see where the issue is coming from. Just don't forget to mention the steps you've done so far to avoid getting the same ones.

Fingers crossed! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue with my wife's new Fitbit Charge 2. Battery is too low to set up. Refuses to charge. I get the vibration but no battery icon. Tried all the steps above to no avail. This is actually a replacement device. Had the same problem with the first one. Wondering if the charging cable is defective? About ready to ask for a refund and switch to a Garmin.

Best Answer

Thanks for jumping up here @Not_happy2!  I'm so sorry to hear this is happening to your wife's tracker. If you're feeling the vibration even if you don't see the battery icon I'd recommend leaving the Fitbit into the charger around 2-3. Once this time had passed, try seeing if the battery appears now and restart it again. 

If the battery appears and the restart does the trick by showing you something on the display, try the set up process once more. 

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer

I am having the same issue.  My new 5 day black fitbit charge 2 wont charge. Received mine on 29 december and everything was great.  However, on monday 2 january, battery went flat (trying to finish my workout session when the battery went out).

I had tried to charge it for few hours.  Had tried all the four seconds, 10 seconds 20 seconds charging and restarting methods.

i  tried charging using power banks and wall outlet.  Charge 2 would vibrate and show fitbit logo and the latest version, and then it turned off.  Double tapping showed it was charging.  But then when full, took it off, pushed the button, nothing happened.  Charged back again,  it vibrated and showed again the fitbit logo plus the version and nothing happened.  Double tapping, showed that my charge 2 had zero battery again.  

Did the same steps few times with charging more than 2 hours.

i did buy another fitbit charge 2 yesterday (blue, which was initially for my brother). The charging cable works fine. Both charging cable works fine with the blue fitbit, however both cables cant charge the black fitbit.

I am hoping my black fitbit isnt faulty, i have  a 14 days guarantee from last thursday.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did receive a new device and everything has been great.

I didn’t think of it sooner, but I had some weird issues with the device prior to it going flatline and maybe that was part of the symptoms of the bigger issue.  There were a few times when the device stopped the heartbeat scanning and reset the date to Jan 1st and reset the steps.  Once I put it on a charger it seemed to correct itself.  So far, that hasn’t happened with the new device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update:

The battery icon never appeared. Tapping the device didn't work either. But when we finally checked my wife's iPad we saw that the Fitbit was fully charged and we were able to complete the set up! It's been working fine ever since. Go figure...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got Fitbit Charger 2 for Christmas. The batter was running low I used a wall charger but it didn't seem to respond. Now the only thing on the face of the watch is an !. Any Guidance on what to do next, would be Greatly Appreciated ! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you've restarted (by plugging in your Fitbit and pressing the button until you feel it vibrate and see the Fitbit logo) and left it on the charger for a couple of hours but you find no charging happening, you probably have a bad charger cable.  A good number of Fitbits have gone out with defective chargers.  I talked to customer service and they sent me a new charger, they were great about it.  I also ordered one off Amazon for about $9.00 to see which one would arrive first and having two is not a bad thing (one for home, one in the ole backpack).  Both chargers arrived within hours of each other and they both fixed the problem instantly.  One thing, it sure reinforced how much I like the Charge2 and how useful it is because I was downright bummed out when it sat dead for 9 days (because the warehouse people work over Christmas, they take their vacation from New Year's Eve to Jan. 5th and the warehouse completely shuts down during that time, so NOTHING goes out).    

A quick note about a defective charger cable:  it may work great when you first get it but it became progressively harder over 2 months to charge my Fitbit.  I had to restart it more and more often, jockey with the Fitbit in the charger, and/or just leave it overnight and hope it would start charging which it usually would at some point in the night.  I wasn't smart, I should've actively sought help before the charger just completely died and my Fitbit was just a decoration.  At one point I noticed that it would charge if I pressed down on the face of the Fitbit and held it like that in the charger cradle.  But I stopped because I figured I couldn't physically keep that up for over an hour continuously and I worried about damaging the Fitbit.  It's made to wake up and change screens by lightly tapping on the face, I don't know what pressing on it for an extended time would do and it might be a $150 mistake to find out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply Base Runner

Please see my update above. All is well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

YUP. Me too. I'm having the same issue. Sounds like FitBit needs a quality audit! Mine worked fine for a couple of weeks. Now screen is blank, won't respond to charger connection, won't respond to reset. It's bricked! Have a friend (someon in the biz) check out the charger and says the charger is OK.

Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am on my second one now and again this one charges one day but won't the next. We have tried everything but it just doesn't work. I am really disappointed by the quality of this and the unreliability! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm so frustrated.  I wanted to add the Charge 2 since I already had a Flex.  The band will not change from a scrolling www.fitbit.com/setup - no matter what I do.  My dashboard showed the charge at about 10% when I started.  I was able to synch with my iPhone bluetooth, and started updating my profile on the dashboard.  When I got five or six steps in the process it told me I had to charge the device because it didn't have enough power to continue the upgrade which was needed to start.   I've tried resetting the Charge 2 and my iPhone, I've connected the USB device to my computer, to a wall mounted USB device, and also to a connected wall mount. I tried my husband's charger - which worked on his, and still didn't work on mine.  I'm thinking the Fitbit itself is defective.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @LindaGinNevada, f it charges with his charger, then use his charger to charge your tracker. Then contact.fitbit.com and let them know that your charger is bad, and tell them that your husbands charger works.

Also have you tried charger his tracker in your charger?

Best Answer

I did try his charger and it's exactly the same as mine.  The device just shows the iphone graphic imae with the Fitbit app centered on it and underneath it is a scrolling www.fitbit.com/setup.  The device has paired with my iphone and my computer, and I've been able to set a different time face, etc., but it won't let me finish the setup because it says I need an update (on my phone), but tells me I can't continue because the Fitbit doesn't have much charge.  When I check its status on the dashboard, it shows the Charge 2 as  completely out of charge, since I can't charge it

Best Answer
0 Votes