Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 won't sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For the last week my charge 2has refused to sync. The app is set to always connected and all day sync. I have reset the tracker several times in the charger. I have turned my phone on and off, turned the Bluetooth on and off, logged out and back into the app, force stopped the app and reopened. Nothing has worked. I get no error message so I'm assuming it can "see" the tracker. 

What else can I do?

Best Answer
471 REPLIES 471

Folks,

I've never owned a "Charge" but somehow get posts. Dunno why, but if I can
direct someone as to where to find the answer then I'll be happy to stay.

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer

Hello everyone.

If you are getting messages this means that you are subscribed to the thread. You can simply go to the top and click the gear icon where you will find the option to "unsubscribe", this way you won't get any more email updates. Use a web browser for better results as it is easier to pinpoint the icons or use the desktop version if you are using a mobile device.

If you are having issues with your tracker not syncing then please follow the suggestions in this help article. If the issue persists then please reach out to our Support team.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

awesome advice Cartref, and many thanks.  i have tried just about everything I've read, and the issue is that my iphone 11 simply will not find my Charge2 device via bluetooth.  I can connect other devices to my iphone, and it was no problem syncing the Charge 2 up until about a month ago, when it would no longer sync.  I updated app and ios, deleted and reinstalled app (no data loss), reset iphone, reset charge 2, deleted charge 2 from my account.  When I tried to re-add (following all instructions), it could not be found.  I'm at the end of my rope on this, but really don't want to buy another fitbit device (3 years old).  Charge 2 functions well in every other respect, holds a charge for days, etc.  Just can't be found via bluetooth.   Thanks for any help anyone can provide.  😊

Best Answer

I am also not able to sync to any device.  Says it has not synced since 8/27/2020.  Have you received my guidance? I have removed and tried adding back on to both my phone me my iPad.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine hasn't tracked my walks since last Friday and its now Wednesday???  So irritating.

I have a charge 2

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Stilldreamin ,

can toilet people know what your solution was so that they can consider it themselves

cheers

Best Answer
My charge 2 died.
Best Answer

@Cartref removing the device from the account is simply telling the Fitbit server that the user does not want to use the device anymore. Doing this will not fix an issue between the phone and the device. This is why a search will bring up hundreds of posts saying, "I removed the device and now can not set it up"

Many many posts do prove  that removing a non syncing device from the users account is the wrong thing to do and why it is never suggested by fitbit. 

See the help guide

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is never a reason to remove the tracker from the account, unless you do not want to use the tracker again. 

Actually once rge tracker is removed from the account, the app may not be able to see a trusted device. This is because of the low energy feature. 

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue ,

I have repeated asked you NOT to post misleading and erroneous information, yet you continue to do so.

You are well aware that I have deleted the Fitbit from my account and subsequently readied the Fitbit via the FULL Fitbit install the Fitbit device and well as having been sent many such members from other members.

So to address your ill informed (and you are aware), the User has to READD the Fitbit back to their account in order to continue. As this as per the initial Fitbit installation all process and as the data in stored on the Fitbit server not the actual Fitbit device or the mobile device, why are your falsely claiming otherwise?

NEVER in this topic or indeed any other has anyone shown that this does not work.  The references you have referred to in the past usually implied that the member had not done the FULL add a device or indeed had actually deleted their Fitbit account.

Your posts are indeed factually incorrect and in my opinion wilfully so and this has indeed reported to Fitbit.

For the last time please desist with your false and misleading posts

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue ,

You are so wrong and have been for so long. No matter who demonstrates to you that it works, you bury your head in the sand and pretend the results aren’t happening and in the process your are misleading so many individuals as to a simple, yet so far 100% effective method of restoring the sync process.

It is the Fitbit install process that creates the link between the mobile device and the Fitbit device, not any manual setup of the Bluetooth settings and you are fully aware of this although you do not want to admit it.

Best Answer

@joseywLES11,
Did you try my suggested steps and if so how did you go?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mgroff22621 ,

Have your reviewed my suggested approach? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Elliehutch2626 ,

Have you reviewed my suggested approach, I first discovered it when I was using a Charge 2 and it has worked with the Versa 1, Charge 2,3 & 4

Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems none of my posts have been read. Please don't say that I am wrong, then proceed to say that the truth is in exactly the same words of mine. 

I've been telling people since 2014 to setup through the fit it app, this attaches the tracker to the the users Fitbit account.

Once the tracker has been connected to the Fitbit account, the Fitbit app then requests permission to connect the tracker to the phone. 

Rgis is also why when changing phones no additional setup of the tracker is needed. 

I never ever started that the users data is ever stored anyplace other than in fit it's cloud services. 

What seems to be in disagrerment is that removing the tracker simply tells Fitbit that the user does not want to use the tracker anymore. 

Doing so will not change any setting in the phone or Fitbit app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue ,
I have being saying the same thing since I first posted.  I have not changed what I have said at any stage. I have always stressed that AFTER removing the device from the account the person had to re-add/set up the device again using the FULL Fitbit setup process.  I have done this multiple times on the original Chare 2, my wife's Versa and her her Charge 3 and now my Charge 4, there has never been an problem. Other people have done this also with out an issue.

I have never been able to see the "reset" option that has been spoken over, so I reasoned that removing the device and the re-adding, would re-create that reset process and it did.

All Fitbit has said about deleting/removing a device from your account will cause any unsynced data to have been lost.  In so far as there help data is concerned, they have NOT said that the device should not been removed.

What I have seen is that people have deleted the actual Fitbit account, not just the device from the account.

I have tried all the other help tips and none worked for me, this is the only one that did

Best Answer

The problem is, is that after removing the tracker from the account, many hundreds of posters over the years have mentioned that they are not able to setup their tracker. 

Why is this, it is because telling the Fitbit server to remove the tracker will not change anything on the phone. 

There is a reason that the 

guide to fixing a sync issue does not say anything about removing the tracker from the users account. 

A user can also setup their tracker as a replacement unit for itself without losing any data. There is no reason to remove the tracker from the account. 

If the tracker is removed from the Fitbit account, it should also be removed from the phones Bluetooth. 

Yes it will recreate the setup of notifications and a few other things, but when the app and the tracker are not talking, they are not talking. 

The tracker also does not need to be a trusted device for it to sync. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue ,
As I have told you many time and again specifically in the post above yours, I have not now or ever seen the reset or replace option and the method I have stated works for me in each and every time I have used it.
I have previously read many of those other posts that you refer to and most do not state whether of not they have used the full install process, just that it is not connected and a number refer to the fact that they deleted their actual Fitbit account.
I have read two where they say they deleted their device, but not how or what they did afterwards, nor did they respond to comments.

The other people who have tried mu solution have come back and told me (and specifically you too) that it worked.

So I am totally and 100% satisfied and unless you can get Fitbit to come back and say that its harmful to delete and then reinstall a device, I will continue with that message from now on totally ignore you

Best Answer

Fitbit never said it was harmful, but have never said it was benaficial. 

As a quick search will find many people after removing are still struggling to get the app to discover their tracker. If the tracker was not removed, the app would know what tracker to look for. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also cannot sync my Charge 2... I've tried all the suggestions. Until recently, I had the option on screen (HP Laptop, Windos 10) of selecting a Sync Now command. It's disppeared. I also notice that there is a notation "Firmware Version" ... but no number. Huh??? ... and I am now unable to tell the Charge 2 exactly where in the world I am i.e. I no longer have access to the timezone difference. The new page is pathetic and under-thought out!

NOT HAPPY!!!

Best Answer