Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 wristband problem

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Band keeps detaching from watch - it feels like it snaps back into position but doesn't stay there long - getting scared to wear it now as it keeps falling off - bought in September

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Lorraine111, check the small screw attaching the latch bracket to the side of the tracker to ensure it has not come loose.  Use a small jeweler's screwdriver to tighten the screw.  This usually fixes this problem.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
45 REPLIES 45

@Lorraine111, check the small screw attaching the latch bracket to the side of the tracker to ensure it has not come loose.  Use a small jeweler's screwdriver to tighten the screw.  This usually fixes this problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks so much for your reply - I have nothing small enough and will ask around to try and fix myself - meanwhile I have been on to the live chat line and apparently I am being sent a replacement band

Best Answer
0 Votes

tto sHi just an update to say that this didn't work for me - no amount of tightening the screw seemed to hold the band to the watch. Meanwhile fitbit sent me a new band and so I am now sorted. Shame this happened after just 6 months of having it but fitbit replaced immediately and with no quibble so very happy with their customer service 

Best Answer

Hi just an update to say that this didn't work for me - no amount of tightening the screw seemed to hold the band to the watch. Meanwhile fitbit sent me a new band and so I am now sorted. Shame this happened after just 6 months of having it but fitbit replaced immediately and with no quibble so very happy with their customer service 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had to replace the bands on my Fitbit Charge 2 three times in the last 18 months. This design is flawed and I won't waste money on a new band again. Perhaps Fitbit could design a more sturdy band? Seems silly to hold my arm still all the time so the band won't break. Defeats the purpose. 

Best Answer

Exactly the same problem. I understand it is quite common. I also bought mine in September 2018?

I'm waiting to hear back from customer services. 

Will try the screw tightening thing but don't think it's that either. It's just not a very effective connection design. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Let me know if you get anywhere with them. I've been without the use of my Fitbit for 6 months now. Seems a waste of money. 😕

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I received a replacement strap a few months ago - customer service were great - unfortunately new band went a few weeks ago and so I got in touch with customer service again - again a great service and a replacement was sent - obviously a flaw with the product but they do replace without quibble. Tightening the screw didn't work for me 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi
They have been good so far. I phoned them and they gave me a reference number and sent an email asking me for photos and apparently there is a new band in the post free of charge. Now whether this will fix it or not only time will tell.
Heather

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Well I've got a new band coming in the post so time will tell.
It is a very bad design when you consider it is generally for people who are very active.
Heather

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Before chargingBefore chargingMy pictures of my Fitbit my band has fallen off with the thing that holds it together I have live chatted with someone and we got disconnected

1. i don’t know what to do nextMy Fitbit ready to chargeMy Fitbit ready to charge
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. Band keeps flipping off and tge watch falks off. I dont wear it anymore

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit can you send me a replacement band for my charge 2 please

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've got the same issue. Upon inspection, it seems that the plastic on the band has cracked at the location where it supposed to latch onto the sensor. Customer Service won't assist given that the warranty period has lapsed. 😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I managed to get a replacement under warranty but my god daughter got ones from eBay at a really really reasonable price.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. I got one on Amazon.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Great. I'd still look at eBay though because they do a range of colours and materials from £2.99 incl postage.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I actually got a different Fitbit and am just ignoring the issues with that one and hope that I don’t have issues with the new one which is the versa that I can possibly fix

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep, most definitely a major design flaw with the attachment portion of the straps. Just another way to create a situation in which the customer has to pay for shoddy product design and manufacturing. I have been through (4) straps on two different FitBits. The Charge and the Charge 2. The issue? well, as one individual mentioned, it could be the teeny-tiny screw holding the metal bracket to the band. But, the more likely issue is that the top support of the band attachment mount has worn and become broken. Test it with the band off the tracker and slight pressure from your finger. Now, test the other band end. One will more than likely be solid and the other will give under gentle pressure and bow downward. The top section of the weakened side will not resist the pressure / force of the FitBit being attached and then placed on the wrist. In this day of advanced materials there is no reason to make something like this from cheap plastic. There is carbon fiber, titanium, magnesium, even aluminum - all of which are able to be CNC machined and made very small and still maintain their integrity. Okay, so you feel those would be too expensive. There is G10 (fiber-glass soaked in resin, baked and then compressed - knife scales), GFN (glass reinforced nylon - again, knife handle scales). Both of these materials are incredibly strong and resistant to chemicals, etc. Not expensive. There is Micarta - (basically the same process of manufacture except using linen instead of fiberglass) This is 2019 and FitBit is still in the business of manufacturing time-limited products. Smiley Sad

As the saying goes: this isn't rocket science - it's just a marketing gimmick and scam

Best Answer