Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 Charging issue/Cable not working?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had my Charge 3 just over a week.  When I got it, it charged right up just fine.  Now the battery is about to die and it doesn't want to charge.  It seems like the cable isn't connecting or recognizing it. No notification of a charge comes on screen.  It doesn't vibrate when the clip connects.  I've quadrupled checked the alignment of the pins and it doesn't seem to be dirty.  I've also tried different ports on my computer, my boyfriend's computer,  and a pocket charger, but nothing.  I keep trying to restart it, but it seems like it it won't even restart unless its plugged into power, which I can't get it to do.  Any idea? Is it a dud?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@HolliM Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with your Charge 3 not charging. Thanks for trying all of those steps in order to sort this out.

I went ahead and contacted you via PM. Please keep an eye on your Community inbox.

@NellyG Thanks for sharing your help and experience on this thread!

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
178 REPLIES 178

There may be an oily residue on the contacts of tracker or charger so try cleaning them with an alcohol wipe. If it still wont charge something is wrong and you will need to return it to the store you bought it or contact Support (link in my signature)

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

@HolliM Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with your Charge 3 not charging. Thanks for trying all of those steps in order to sort this out.

I went ahead and contacted you via PM. Please keep an eye on your Community inbox.

@NellyG Thanks for sharing your help and experience on this thread!

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had my Charge 3 since October 7.  Not only is the cable on the charger ridiculously inadequate in length, the charger simply does not work.  I have struggled every single time I have had to charge my 3.  It does not work in my MAC computer, my HP computer at work, power strip, wall receptacle.  NOTHING seems to work with it.  I have only had luck with using my iPad charger and plugging it into an actual wall receptacle which are all that convenient and the stupid mini cable makes it impossible to set in on anything while it charges.  I am more a bit frustrated.  I’m ready do send the dame thing back.  How ridiculous is it to suggest to users they can plug it into their computer’s USB port to charge it when it SIMPLY DOES NOT WORK.  I want answers and a resolution or it’s going back.

Best Answer

YES!! Thanks!  It's definitely a faulty cable.  They are sending me a new one.  A girl I workout with got the new charge 3 as well and let me borrow her cable to test/charge. Worked just fine.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community Forums @Ggdiva!

It does seem like there is an issue with your charging cable as it should be working normally on any power source. Thanks for checking on different ways to get it to work. I've reached our support team so they can further assist you with this. Please keep an eye on the email that you used to create your Community Profile, someone from support will be reaching you shortly. 

Thanks for letting us know how it went @HolliM ! I'm glad to hear our support team was able to help you with this. 

Let me know how it goes!

Selma | Community Moderator, Fitbit
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Fitbit Charge 3 and it charges fine at first and now it will not turn on or charge and the screen just stays black. Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong? I received this Fitbit on Dec. 2. 2018.

Thank you for your assistance.

Eva Mullendore

UPDATE

I have cleaned my contacts like they say to do and I have only had this Fitbit since Dec. 2 and still does not take a charge have tried everything they say to do. In fact I have 2 charging cables and neither one of them work.

Thank you

Moderator edit: removed personal info & content

Best Answer

Hey @mullymom62, it's great to see you around.

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this issue. Upon checking with our support team, I was told that you have already contacted them. I know that they will be glad to help you out and provide you a solution.

Let me know if you need anything else. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the exact same issue.   Had it a month and worked fine, now won’t charge.  Checked everything, cleaned, etc.  

No sign it’s working to charge at all. 

Best Answer

Good to have you here @MJB62676.

Thanks for troubleshooting this by yourself. Upon checking with our support team, I was told that you have already contacted them. I know that they will be glad to help you out and provide you a solution.

Keep the stepping up! Smiley Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

I’m having exactly the same problem and have tried all of the above.  Please help!

Thanks

Sasha

Best Answer

Mine is doing the same thing. I charged it 2 weeks ago when I got it. Charged it about 5 days later. Today I can’t get it to charge. Sounds like a known issue with the cables. 

Best Answer

I am having the same problem.  Had my charge 3 for a couple months and now all of a sudden it won't charge.  I also tried using my charge 2 cable and it didn't work either.  Tried both wall and PC power.

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue. Had my Fitbit since 10/21, and it suddenly won't charge. Wish there was a way to check if it's the cable.

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue. I need my charging cable to work!

Best Answer

I am having the same issue. No charge 

Best Answer

I bought a new cable, still didn't work.  I called support, they walked me through attempting a reset, that didn't work.  So, at least for me, it seems it was the fitbit itself, which they are replacing for me.  I'd suggest calling the support line, they were super nice to work with.  

Best Answer

Never had to use an alcohol wipe on the Charge 2.

Best Answer

Thank you.  I think i will just return it. I have only had it sonce Christmas day. So disappointed 

Best Answer

I have the same issue.  The charge three will not charge.  I got a positive feel for where the charge two charger would go to charge the fitness tracker with the charge 2.  On the charge 3 I get no positive feedback and my charge 3 is going dead even after attempts to charge for hours.  I may have to get a refund for the charge 3 and go back to the charge 2.

Best Answer