Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 Display - Dimmer Now??

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Has the screen dimmed after an update or something? It used to be bad, now it's almost useless.

Normal is ok if I cup my hand over it.

Auto works, but is still really dim in bright light.

Dim is non-existent.

It didn't used to be like this. Been horrible for a few weeks.

Best Answer
226 REPLIES 226

I have the same issue & more. After the dimness lines started appearing on the screen, then screen went completely blank. I tried the suggestion elsewhere of changing the clock face but it didn't work. It tracked but nothing more. I tried restarting many times before the screen went blank & after but nothing worked. Now when I hold the button in I get a constant buzz. 18month old well looked after Fitbit just doesn't work. Any help gratefully accepted

Best Answer
Did you try plugging it in the charger & holding the button until the smiley face came on ?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Got to settings on Fitbit watch and Scroll to settings and find brightness & select auto

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

This worked for me. Thank you !!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I tried that and it didn't make it brighter.

Best Answer

I tried changing to auto and it made it even darker.

Best Answer

Go to Daimaxboyce post.  It is the solution.  Never knew there was a screen for brightness.  Now I do & mine is working fine.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I tried this but no change. However the screen is totally blank now & when I hold the button to reset I get a continuous buzz & nothing else.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 3 was a lot brighter before the update, too.  I could still see it in bright light but now I have to find a shady spot or go inside to be able to read it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had the same issue. Resolved it by side swipe until Settings appears.  Click Settings, Brightness option comes up. Set to Normal or Auto rather than Dim

Best Answer

It did not work for me.  Someone else said to go to settings and increase the display brightness level.  There is not brightness level in settings.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue since the latest update, even if the brightness is set to Normal and/or Auto, and I have also tried twice to restart my fitbit, but I have still the issue, very dim screen. how it can be fixed? shall we wait for the new software update? ... or should I contact the support to ask for a replacement? 

Best Answer
When I set the display to normal it worked perfectly. The problem I had is
that it was so dim I had great difficulty finding the settings option.

If setting it to normal did not work for you, you probably have a faulty
product.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes it is it’s dim, normal & auto on the Fitbit watch the

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

This made no difference what so ever.the screen is impossible to see day or night

Best Answer

I changed my clock faces too all dim 

Best Answer
Yes do it every time I charge it

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just want to add my name to the list of those who have tried everything to get a brighter screen and nothing works. I live in Arizona, and the unrelenting sunshine makes this product useless outdoors. Even the lights in my office make it impossible to read. It's interesting that so many people over the last couple years have gone into settings to fix this and then get back on this thread to say it worked. Are these actual customers, or a fitbit employee trying to "help" people with this problem? I guess I'm a skeptic.

Best Answer

Another person on the list....

I have a Fitbit charge 3 and the screen has got dimmer over the last few weeks and today it has gone off completely. I started getting vertical lines down the screen after the screen went so dim I could hardly read it.

The green light on the back is still flashing away and it still syncs with my phone, also it is vibrating so I know it's turned on. I have tried hard and soft resets but they don't do anything and it's hard to tell whats going on with no screen. 

Best Answer
If it’s not a year old call customer service they’ll send you a new one

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes