Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 battery draining fast

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My HR Charge 3 doesn't seem to hold its charge for longer than 3 days, is this a common fault. Was working well until 2 weeks ago holding charge for 7 days.

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
186 REPLIES 186

I have trow its away!

because nothing can help!

and I bought the new one.....not fitbit again!

Best Answer
I called the customer service line and they gave me a case number.
Thjey were going to monitor something and asked that I call back in 2 weeks
with that case number. I had bought a new charger and a new USB outlet
block. It took a couple of days but so far it has held the charge for the
last 3 days (reduced to 34% over 3 days and then I put it on the charger)

Not sure which has helped but I will continue to monitor and will reach out
them at the end of the week.
Best Answer
I tried a new charger and a new new usb plug but it still doesn't work it
still loses power tried rebooting I think it's the batteries they use in
the charge 3 that are faulty
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone. @Gwang@KathyNY@Marie21_, welcome to the community forums! 

@Gwang, I'm very sorry for the experience and thanks for your feedback! If you haven't done so, I recommend contacting our Support Team for further assistance. You can contact them through chat or over the phone. You can click here to get connected. 

@KathyNY@Marie21_, I was informed by our Support Team that you have reached out to them. Since you have received assistance and information from them, I suggest you to update your cases if you still need further assistance or if you have additional questions. This way they can continue working on your cases and provide a prompt resolution. 

Have a great day! 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
Just bin it , don’t waste time worrying about it cos it can’t be fixed

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

@Them1s, thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback! 

Your feedback is very appreciated since this helps to continue working on improvements to our services and our team is always working to enhance your experience based on it. This is a big process that helps a lot. 

Have a great day! 

Best Answer

I've been in touch with Fitbit support they were fantastic they are going to send me a replacement they were really helpful👍👍

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem  twice !

Six months ago they sent a replacement as it was not holding the charge.Now this last month , tried again and again .It would drain in 2 hours.Thry said not under warranty any more as the go back to when I bought the first one.

They offered s discount to get a new one.Why would I buy another one when 2 of my watches dont work after 6 months ?

Fitbit sucks !!

Terrible company.Terrible product for the amount they charge.

Best Answer

Hello @Lorr54, welcome to the community forums! 

@Marie21_, I'm glad to know that your difficulty has been resolved! Hope to have you back on track soon! 

@Lorr54, I'm very sorry for the experience and thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback! Every feedback shared in the forums never goes unnoticed and yours won't be the exception as it'll help us to evaluate our procedures to improve our devices, services and overall environment. Also note that our team is always working to enhance your experience and your feedback is a big part of that process.

On a side note, I received information from our Support Team that they are currently working on your case. Since you have received assistance from them, I recommend updating your case in case you have any additional comments or inquiries and they will get back to you soon. 

See you around. 

Best Answer

The same has been happening to me in the past few weeks, I am trying your advice and I really hope it will work. I do not want to buy a new one every few years. Thank you for sharing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same problem,, the screen becomes black all time I can’t see anything and the battery life is one hour only..how can fix it 😞

Best Answer

The batteries only last 1 year I think that's why they've stopped making the charge 3, at least if you get in touch you should get another as they can check it's not working

Best Answer

Hello @Alma73@Reem83. Welcome to the community forums. @Marie21_ Thank you for your reply and feedback. 

@Alma73@Reem83 I am sorry for the experience and thank you for the detailed information. At this time, I was able to see that you have reached out to our Support Team and they have provided information and assistance. 

@Reem83 In your case, if the inconvenience has persisted after the suggested troubleshooting steps, I recommend contacting them one more time and they will be able to continue assisting you. Please make sure to mention that you already have a case, this way they can assist you from there. 

@Marie21_ Your comments are very appreciated. Please note that any feedback posted in the forums is always welcome as it helps to improve our products, services and overall environment.

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I bought a Samsung.Still getting to it.
A lot of people have had same problems as us.They ( fitbit) only offered a
small discount for a new watch.
I am disappointed with FitBit.
Best Answer

@Lorr54 Thank you very much for your reply. 

I appreciate your comments and feedback and please note that our team is always working to enhance your experience and your feedback is a big part of that process.

I also appreciate your understanding and patience, but please note that replacement devices are provided for products that are within the warranty period. If your original Charge 3 is no longer under warranty a discount could be an available option but some conditions and requirements should be met. For more information about our warranty policy, I recommend visiting the following link: https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/legal/returns-and-warranty

See you around. 

Best Answer

Hi mine is doing the exact same 

Best Answer

tried this 3 times, didnt work for me!

Best Answer

I had a Charge 3 that was replaced about a year ago due to white lines through the screen. Now the replacement won't hold a charge for 24 hours. The battery issue started all of a sudden - one day it held a charge and the next it didn't after suddenly buzzing and cycling through the different screens which drained the battery. Since then I've tried all the solutions posted in this forum (FYI - you can no longer adjust the sync frequency). I turned off notifications, have tried multiple outlets/ports for charging, minimized GPS and checking the app. I've tried rebooting, restarting, etc. once fully charged and nothing works. Battery is 100% at 10pm, loses about 2-4% immediately after removing from charger, then was dead by 10pm the next day. It sounds like this is an overall issue with the Charge 3 battery, but friends with the same charger don't have this issue.

I've used Fitbit for years and really want to stay with the brand but I need it to work. I got the Charge 3 since it can be used for swimming and is still low profile on wrist. But it is frustrating to replace every year just after the warranty expires or only get a small discount for a new one. Anyone have any recommendations?

Best Answer
I agree.They should have a better battery and warranty.
A lot of money to change yearly.
Best Answer
0 Votes

After speaking with customer service there was nothing that could be done to resolve the issue. They did offer a discount on a new Fitbit. I did get a new tracker but not Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes