Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 battery draining quickly

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Has anyone had any issues with the charge 3 battery. My charge 3 is a week old and needed a charge Sunday night. I charged it over night and in the morning it was showing 100%, I wore it all day Monday however early hours of this morning (Tuesday) by watch was dead. I’ve had to hold the buttons for 8 seconds for it to come on however it ran out of battery? I synced my watch and phone before bed and there was over 80% battery. Has anyone’s else done this?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@SunsetRunner A warm welcome to our Community! Sorry to hear that your Charge 3 battery is draining quickly. Try cleaning the contacts then charge it by plugging it for a couple of hours directly to your computer's usb port (try different ports) or use an UL listed usb wall adapter. After this restart your device and see how it behaves. By the way is that your dog? He/She is beautiful! I love dogs so sorry for derailing the conversation a little bit.

I also moved your post to the correct board.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
110 REPLIES 110

@SunsetRunner A warm welcome to our Community! Sorry to hear that your Charge 3 battery is draining quickly. Try cleaning the contacts then charge it by plugging it for a couple of hours directly to your computer's usb port (try different ports) or use an UL listed usb wall adapter. After this restart your device and see how it behaves. By the way is that your dog? He/She is beautiful! I love dogs so sorry for derailing the conversation a little bit.

I also moved your post to the correct board.

Let me know how it goes!

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

@AlvaroFitbit Ummm that is most  definitely a cat and not a dog. But that’s ok right?

Best Answer

Thank you very much I shall try it and let you know. Haha, yes he’s my German shepherd pup 4 months old, thank you. 

Best Answer

@Mikester85 I hope you're doing well! Well if that's true, he's the most beautiful cat I have ever seen my friend.

@SunsetRunner only 4 months and it is already that size! I do love big dogs like him. What's his name? 

Back to business please give it a try and hopefully the suggestions will help, if not then I am here to help you.

I look forward to your update.

Best Answer

@AlvaroFitbit Oh I’m sorry pal!!!! I got it confused with your profile pic! 😂 I see it now @SunsetRunner yup that’s most definitely a big beautiful black dog! lol

Best Answer

@Mikester85 no problem, now I get what you were trying to say. I was a little confused but I thought you were just joking.

Have a great day!

Best Answer

I have had exactly the same issue today.  Battery life has been excellent, was at over 85% this morning and by the evening it was flat.  I have reset the device as per the instructions, it shows 4% charge.  I am leaving it to charge overnight, but this is hopeless.  Never ever had this issue with my charge 2 and will be sending this back in next few days if a fix is not posted.

Best Answer

Hi, i have the same issue since i got my charge 3, it got it with 80% and when it hits 50% charge it dies, i fully charged on Sunday and last mite it was about 50% charged and this morning it was dead, got the smiley when i started charging.

can you help.

thanks

Best Answer

@TonyEtt @Gmosca11 A warm welcome to our Community! Sorry to hear that your Charge 3 batteries are draining quickly. Please try the suggestions in my previous post and see if this helps.

Keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The problem appears to be that the indicator showing battery life can be all over the place. I decided to charge my Charge 3 today when it was down to 30%. I reset it in the cradle, and the battery life dropped to under 10%, and I got a "sad" face on the display. I did more resets, and each time the battery indicator would jump up and down, finally settling at around 25%...without me doing any significant charging: just resetting! And after only 5 minutes or so in the charger, the battery percentage jumped significantly...more than it could possibly be charged.

So until this bug is fixed, I think the best thing to do is to charge it as full as it allows every 4-5 days max. I don't trust the battery indicator at all to show the right battery level, so it may deplete before you expect, or say that it's lower than it really is.

Best Answer

The Charge 3 I have made it 5 days on a full charge. It was at 13% when I had to charge it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I charge my Charge 3 Sunday night and it died Wednesday morning in the middle of a run.  I did not check the battery before my run. 

Best Answer

I am having same issue with my Charge 3 - battery is only lasting 2 days when it needs to be charged. It was fully charged this am 100% and just the five mins.off the charger it was down 10% 3 hrs.later it is down another 18%. My Charge 2 would go 4-5 days. The other thing I have noticed that I always have to press the button to see my steps and the time Charge 2 would just be a turn of the wrist or a tap and it would show. Going to give it one more week and I may be returning it. 

Best Answer

Same issue , this is my second charge 3 , and the battery is draining with everything off , dont even have bluetooth switched on , And im down 30% in just over 12 hours , cant even see me getting 3 days from this if it keeps up another will be getting returned and a other brand purchased, 

Best Answer

I have the same issue, and this is my second charge 3 with the same issue. I don't play with it much either, though I'm very active. I've already tried the steps mentioned above multiple times on both devices and it didn't help. Also, the charge 3 I currently own keeps turning on it display with the SLIGHTEST movement, even though I have the screen wake feature turned off since I got it. I will return this one soon if the problem persists. Can I change the sensitivity? Btw, my friend got hers the same day as I got my first one and she's only had to charge hers once.

Best Answer
Thanks for your input - I am charging my Charge 2 and will return the 3 and wait awhile to see if improvements come.

Patty

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the EXACT same problem. My Fitbit Charge 3 is less than a week old. It worked okay for the first 2 days and then the screen was black. It wouldn't wake up. I read the message boards, restarted it and plugged it in. The battery was practically dead. It charged up to 100% and I wore it while I slept. When I woke up it had a sad face and so I charged it. I wore it that day to a meeting and it died before my lunch break. UGH!!! I am so frustrated. 

Best Answer
I agree -It is very frustrating especially since the Charge 2 worked very well for me I had hoped the 3 would be even better. Hopefully Fitbit will fix these issues because it sounds like a lot of users are having the same issues!

Patty

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

You would think they would have these issues all ironed out before they roll out a new product! I am returning the 3 and hoping in 6 months they have a better product with less issues - very disappointed 

Best Answer